Mr. Lube Pay & Benefits reviews

Great for someone comeing stright out of high school
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON2 February 2017
You can work you heart out for this company but you will never get as much as you put in with this company. I worked there for almost two years and never revived a raised.
Pros
flexible hrs with school
Cons
no benfits
terrible management
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK29 January 2017
brutal environment, expected to lie to customers to up sell products, management cares more about customers and profit than their own employees, expected to work minimum 6 days a week, not allowed to take holidays, no benefits or sick days etc. wage is too low for that type of job
Really fun work place
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2017
Everyday is fun, other than the super busy day,
its really hard for everything first started, but after a month you will get into it, and start enjoy the work.
Hardest part for the job is sometimes its not you fault but when you touch the vehicle, all yours and you have to deal with it, and always have to do cleaning, but thats one part i like and i dont, Because some workers never do cleaning and made a mess and you have to deal with it,
Pros
All the staff is freindly
Cons
hours not fixed, salary not that high
BAD work experience
Automotive advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2017
people work there are just awful.
Most of the employees have 0 knowledge on automotive, and they do not know what they are talking to the customers. Their recommendation service is base upon the service manual which is manipulated by the owner.

The employees are good at step on you for their own benefits and make money for them.
Pros
fast hiring procedure
fun and high paced environment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK19 December 2016
I enjoyed everything about this place. The people I worked with and my manager were all great to be around. The customer base was good, many good people and regulars would come in. Training was excellent and so was the extra knowledge bestowed upon me from my manager.
Pros
fast paced environment and good people
Cons
max out on the pay scale quickly if you do well
Fast paced, attention to detail oriented
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON13 December 2016
Generally fast paced environment but varies by season and location, you will learn a fair amount about cars, services, products and sales. You are dealing with public and varying degrees of automotive knowledge and tasks so it can be really easy and fun or really frustrating depending on the customer, service, type of vehicle etc. Quality of co-workers and management will vary depending on the locations you work at, I've personally had bother very enjoyable and very aggravating ones but I guess that really is the case in most places. Most enjoyable part of the job for me was the satisfaction of doing a good job and truly helping someone out, even if it was just something I did of my own accord that wasn't a company related service. Hardest parts of the job are getting the real knack for properly conveying information to and dealing with the public at times, everyone is different so theres not really one set way to do it. Compensation isn't great, more of an entry level job.
Very fast paced and professional environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 November 2016
- Very rewarding job IF you're a go goetter
- Hours were not too long
- Management was very flexible
- Co-workers were very friendly
- Hardest part of the job was working during the winter time were it was slow and cold
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Incentive deductions
Good job if your quick
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 October 2016
Good company to work for. Supplies managers with decent benefits and alright wages.
Have to be quick on your feet but do a good job at the same time. Have to have good manors around all customers.
pushy environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
not a good place to wrok only take
the job if you are desperate like i was.
not a good place for working
find different place if possible
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours, rude customer, bad managem
fun work palce
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
Mr Lube was Good Shop, and they will teach more that you need to learn, specially the management they are so friendly, and they are willing to give you chance to do your best.
Pros
free uniform
Decent Company
Service advisor (Current Employee) –  16 ave at Edmonton Trail2 August 2016
Good job, good people, low pay.
Meet lots of interesting people.
Learned a lot about cars and basic repair procedures.
Hardest part was dealing with customers who don't want to spend money.
Great enviorment,Great upper management, Great Training and great flexibility
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2016
Mr.Lube started as my job 8 years ago. when i was 15. When i started in this company, i just looked at it as a job to help me through school and pay for sports. After 4 years and when i was in university i realised the potential this company has and the room for advancement is huge. there are over 15 store in Calgary. and they are always looking to improve to be the best. I made it to supervisor after my 6th year. It took some time but i was also extremely young and ignorant. Mr.Lube taught me to be humble and enjoy life. work to make yourself better. after i caught wind of this message that they were teaching me, i made it to manager within a year. It allowed me to buy a house and provide for my family with full benefits. Amazing company and gave me a chance to change and better my life.
Pros
Benefits, 44 hour weeks, Bonuses, Life Mentoring.
fun place to work.
Automobile Technician (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC24 May 2016
fun place to work. good team and good atmosphere. clean environment even for a garage. good staff always willing to help one and other
Not a terrible place to work...
Technician (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 May 2016
It is not bad working here for a short period if you're young and have bigger and better ambitions. However not the place for a career by any means. Low pay, no health benefits and lack of structured pay increase all bring moral down among employees. Strong reluctance to pay employees reflective of workload expected of them foster a bitterness in the workplace towards management.
Pros
Great team, great customers to work with
Cons
Low pay, little advancement or pay increase opportunities, no health benefits.
great place to work with some pretty awesome people
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 May 2016
great competitive environment, management was the best, only down side was the commission based pay and the long hours
great place to work
Master tech (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2016
mgmt is fantastic and the salary is negotiable with very friendly team members to help with any problem you may have. they lso pay you for training and have lots of incentives to help motivate you to work harder and move up in the company.
Pros
steady work and discounts
Cons
fast paced and confusing at times
High stress and pace... but it's not too bad
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2016
The place is aight... cept we get these supervisors who come from administrative places, and they are monsters who meander in and yell a lot.
Pros
Quick to progressively make more than minimum wage
Cons
Whiny Supervisor
Great work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 March 2016
Work is simple yet interesting. The training provided was excellent, and the shop is up to date with equipment. Customers are pleasant to talk to during slow hours, because they enjoy the service.
Pros
free coffee, fair pay
Cons
tire season
Meh
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON14 March 2016
You're always pushed to sell useless car items such as air filters or engine flushes and coolant flush. If you don't sell these items your hours will be cut down.
Always under staffed on weekends and under paid. I would recommenced this job for a student or as a part time gig.
Pros
The workers
Cons
Management, under paid
come in do your job and leave
Lubrication Technician & Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON5 February 2016
depending on which franchise you work for the review will vary
generally its a good work environment but the pressure to make sales is not appropriate especially when they hit your wallet
Pros
comission based
Cons
if you do not sell what they want they take your full commission