Mr. Lube Employee Reviews for Technician

Awful, never work here, under paid, over worked
Technician (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 February 2019
NEVER and I mean NEVER work here, the owners to the absolute minimum to even keep the store open, always dealing with broken or cheap tools, only paid minimum wage with very little opportunity to make any extra money, they treat younger people like garbage, if you dont scam people all day long and upsell you WILL get fired, they have a bonus system where you make more money the more you sell but they will tell you that you broke something and not give you your bonus. If you are a little chubby one of the owners will make fun of you and call you fat/Lazy. As a Mr lube employee you do get 50% off all services although, if there is any sort of a line they wont give you the discount. Told that you're lucky to work here every day. The owners always take big expensive trips and come back and brag about how good the trips were. Way over worked for a minimum wage job with 11 hour shifts and NO lunch breaks if the store is busy, lunch breaks are removed from pay even if you dont take one. Overall if you're looking for a job mcdonalds would be better.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Long hours, bad pay, owners rude obnoxious, promised everything get nothing. Literally everything about it is a con
Recommend avoiding this company
Lower Tech (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 February 2019
Franchisee is not concerned in the well being of employees. Using questionable business practices on a day to day basis. Improper treatment of staff by management at the Sudbury location . demeaning of employees, discrimination, and racial bias. Relationship between staff members is excellent. Good friends and long lasting relationships formed.
Pros
Good relationships
Cons
Dispicable Owner
Pickering Location
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON5 December 2018
Immediate Manager was great. Rest of management sucks. Manager that does schedule is unorganized and doesn't so schedule until the last minute. If you request a day off you can almost guarantee you will be scheduled to work. Turn over is huge here because no one can stand working at this place. Any one with half a brain quits. Only ones that stay are the lazy fools that don't do much at all. They are a cheap company to work for and things are let go instead of repairing them. You never get off on time and often don't get paid for the extra time put in. Often you work long hours without a break. Save the aggravation don't even apply here.
Pros
Cons
everything
Garbage
Technician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 March 2018
very hard to move up in the company. lots of empty promises and also theyll cut your commision. Its a very toxic work environment, lots of drama and backstabbing its like being in high school all over again. Please do urself a favour your better off working at Canadian tire or wal mart. They make the place seem like a fun place to be at when you get there but I promise you after 3 months youll hate ur life.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Two faced
good work place with horrible managment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2017
i thought that it was a good place to find work and it payed a pretty decent salary but the management there was harsh and they did not care about their customers needs
Pros
50 percent of on oil changes
Cons
terrible manager
good place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
good people to work with , great group effert , great enviorment
a day at work is getting oil changes , and getting the job done right and make sure its fast but efficient

hardest part of the job is makeing sure that everyone is doing there job , right.
most enjoyable part of the job is working with the other employees good group of people.
Cons
no cons
good company
Technician (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON15 July 2017
very clean, and organized
working on cars non stop
recommending to customers that don't want to spend the money to get the services done from us, which is difficult on us and making our ticket for the month
Pros
good hours
Cons
too clean
Not that great at my location
Technician (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 June 2017
I worked at mr Lube for some time and I enjoyed the people I worked with and the managers were great as well. The area managers don't really know how to do their job that great and they keep firing and hiring new people all of the time when it was unnecessary.
Lots of upselling and keeping your ticket up.
Lots of shop drama, employees getting complaints from customers I.E swearing, yelling etc and the area managers again never did nothing about it ..they would rather fire anybody else but the employees who get complaints.
This is a type of job u don't want to stay long at and even the people I worked with said that.
When I first started training was all unorganized and all over the place, people didn't train right, things always getting postponed etc...
Pros
Good co workers, shop managers etc
Cons
Area managers, cut hours, pressured to sell things when unnecessary
Awful environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 June 2017
The managers there yelled at us not to up sell the customer, but when our ticket for the day (how much we sold) dropped below $150 per car they would yell at us to sell more.
Cons
It was a decent team enviroment
Technician (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB18 April 2017
Typical day would be starting off with talking and then the first few cars would come in and we would do what is required of us, that typical was asking the customer if they wanted a beverage and a paper. Then we would proceed to check all fluids and filters accessible to us and show the customer our findings and help them decided on the best course of action.
Pros
Always learning
Cons
Sales environment
good place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL9 April 2017
I injoyed my job at Mr. Lube it was fun and everyone was easy to get along with. wish i didnt get layed off. we tool our work serious but we also liked to have a laugh
Lots of down time
Technician (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC5 January 2017
You don't get back what you put in. Trying to improve customer service is a hard thing to do here. There is no real structure on policy and procedures. Hardest part of the job is lack of training.
Relatively safe place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2016
Relatively safe place to work, management was not on point however the coworkers made it a fun place to come to work. I am however glad to have moved on to bigger and better things.
Not a terrible place to work...
Technician (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB4 May 2016
It is not bad working here for a short period if you're young and have bigger and better ambitions. However not the place for a career by any means. Low pay, no health benefits and lack of structured pay increase all bring moral down among employees. Strong reluctance to pay employees reflective of workload expected of them foster a bitterness in the workplace towards management.
Pros
Great team, great customers to work with
Cons
Low pay, little advancement or pay increase opportunities, no health benefits.
great place to work
Master tech (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2016
mgmt is fantastic and the salary is negotiable with very friendly team members to help with any problem you may have. they lso pay you for training and have lots of incentives to help motivate you to work harder and move up in the company.
Pros
steady work and discounts
Cons
fast paced and confusing at times
Great work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 March 2016
Work is simple yet interesting. The training provided was excellent, and the shop is up to date with equipment. Customers are pleasant to talk to during slow hours, because they enjoy the service.
Pros
free coffee, fair pay
Cons
tire season
great learning experience
Technician (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC26 September 2015
This particular franchisee happened to be my first years of Management.
I learnt many skills with this company.
amazing training process.
a huge amount of challenges
was a great time
good learning environment
Technician (Former Employee) –  toronto20 February 2015
I had good co-workers, it was an interactive environment and was a great learning experience. Long hours and generally very busy
Learned more about automobiles
Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2014
As a technician i had to service variety of different cars which gave me the opportunity to learn a lot about cars. Management at Mr. Lube was organised and i was able to take days off when needed. Hardest part of the job was that sometimes i would get 10 hour shifts which can get very exhausting.
Easy place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  oshawa on26 May 2014
The staff there are a great group of people but it was not an industry I could continue in for health reasons.
Pros
discounts on car service
Cons
long shifts