Mr. Lube Employee Reviews for Lower Technician

Horrible Management/Ownership
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 February 2019
If you want to get jipped for your bonus (the only thing that makes it worth while to work there) it's a great spot. Its happened 3 or 4 times where the owners would make up a story on something that was messed up on a vehicle, put the blame on a technician who never even touched the vehicle just so they could take as many peoples bonuses as they can. And then screw off to Cuba or Quebec for 2 weeks at a time.
Cons
Getting crapped on 24/7 for things that happen on your days off, they take 30 minutes off your pay everyday even if you dont take a lunch
Fun and fulfilling workplace environment
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2019
During my employment at Mr. Lube I learned a good amount about automotives and identifying/knowing the uses for multiple different lubricants. I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as the atmosphere of the shop
harassment and bullying workplace
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 January 2019
I either got harassed or bullied at my work place.
I learned how to drain oil and change oil filters.
Management was not the best.
We had no culture.
The hardest part of my job was wondering how my shift was gonna be like that day.
I didn't enjoy my job at Mr.Lube.
Casual workplace but no career advancement
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2018
The jobs pretty easy and the general atmosphere is pretty casual however no matter how hard you try you wont get so much as a raise out of them, let alone a promotion. So if you need something easy to get bills paid for a short amount of time then this job isnt so bad but its not a good idea to stay long because you wont get anywhere
Pros
Casual work
Cons
No advancement
Horrible Work enviroment
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 August 2018
was not a good experience working with them. management was trash. no breaks for the most part. rarely time off. If it was your day off and you were sick they wouldn't care they would want you in or threaten to replace you.
Overall not the best place to be
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON19 September 2017
During my experience working there it wasn't all to bad. one issue that will come across anybody who first start there is the fact that you will not be properly trained all varying on your position. from personally experience I have worked as both an upper technician and a lower technician. I was not properly train on how to use the computer, enter the proper codes and the proper procedure when it comes to greeting a customer and cashing them out. During my experience there as well numerous employees have been promised 13 an hour or to start off at 12 an hour and a raise after a their 3 month probation. After that 3 month period they were still paid 11.45 an hour and expected to achieve their bonus every month. as a lower tech they expect you to not just do basic services, they also expect you to manage all products in the basement such as fuel filters, oil filters, transmission filters, cabin air filters, some air filters that happen to be downstairs. they also expect the floors to be power washed and scrubbed, walls to be cleaned, bays to be wiped down, interceptor (where all the oil and bathroom waste go) to be filtered out with a handheld strainer usually with no gloves. All for minimum wage, or less according to previous techs that have worked there. In other words, you will not get paid for what you're worth and you'll be expected to do more than what you have been taught or are cable of doing.
Pros
50% discount off oil changes after 3 months. 25% off batteries after 3 months
good positive atmosphere
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2017
Really enjoyed and still do working for mr.lube, they treat all there employees the way they should be treated and it's nice because more woke places need to be like that.
Pros
wage is too low
Cons
automotive experience
Not a great place to work
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 July 2017
longs shifts with minimal breaks (30 min for 10 hour shift). Dirty work with lots of burn and cut hazards. Very monotonous work, with little variation in the days work
Pros
50% off services
Cons
long hours, minimal breaks
Flexible scheduling and great work life balance
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2017
Mr.Lube is a great place to start a car in automotive care. While working here I have learned a lot about vehicles I didn't know before such as the different types of oil and other fluids used for vehicles.
Pros
Monthly Draws for sports tickets, some benefits, flexible schedule.
Cons
low hours, poor training, sale targets.
Shop is literally messed up
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 April 2017
Management is often disrespectful to employees, overtime hours are not paid at time and a half, workspace is falling apart, hard work isnt acknowledged, one day off a week even if working 40 hours. do not work here.
Pros
the only pro is the paycheck every two weeks
Cons
everything else
Good job with good management
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2017
Good job with pretty much the same tasks every day except when you had to grab lunch for everyone and good management staff and great workplace with valued employees who were always willing to help
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Long waits between each vehicle
constant flow of vehicles, Friendly Lower Tech's
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2017
A typical Day at work would be me catching a bus to the shop before my shift, arriving and getting changed into my uniform, then going downstairs, clocking-in, going into the pit, working on 30-40+ cars, depending on the day (Sundays were the busiest) until my shift was over, usually 8:00 PM (closing) then catching the same bus in the other direction and went home. Most of what I know now is because of Mr. Lube such as: Oil changes, Transmission fluid replacement, Differential fluid replacement, Undercoating Services and was the start of my learning process of dismounting and remounting tires. the hardest part of the job would have to be the 12Hr shifts, or being the only tech downstairs on a Sunday. The most enjoyable part of the job would've been making friends with the main Lower Tech and the money I was making. Enjoyable place to work, if you got the time and patience for fast paced oil changed and a good attitude towards customers.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
some of the management was okay, but some were ignorant and as a cause, are no longer working there
Great for someone comeing stright out of high school
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON2 February 2017
You can work you heart out for this company but you will never get as much as you put in with this company. I worked there for almost two years and never revived a raised.
Pros
flexible hrs with school
Cons
no benfits
Really fun work place
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2017
Everyday is fun, other than the super busy day,
its really hard for everything first started, but after a month you will get into it, and start enjoy the work.
Hardest part for the job is sometimes its not you fault but when you touch the vehicle, all yours and you have to deal with it, and always have to do cleaning, but thats one part i like and i dont, Because some workers never do cleaning and made a mess and you have to deal with it,
Pros
All the staff is freindly
Cons
hours not fixed, salary not that high
most enjoyable time part of the job
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 January 2017
i really enjoyed working at mr.lube because most of the time our store was busy.as it is having three bays.three cars on the bays inside as well as three cars waiting outside.that i got alot of calls from uppertechs and i got oppurtinities to use my skills.
A fast-paced job that is made easy by the people that work there
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 January 2017
Mr. Lube is an auto shop meant for keeping up on and replacing the fluids within your vehicle. While easy to do, the volume of customers means you can't sit still for too long. At times, the amount of people that need their cars maintained can be overwhelming. And this can easily frustrate you as sometimes, things do not happen the way you want them to. But, this frustrating atmosphere is lightened by the humour and laid back personalities of the people that work there. As an employee at Mr. Lube, you are immediately taught the skills and safety procedures that will make you a successful employee. Management tries its hardest to create an evenly weighted schedule that means every employee will be happy with his/her hours. But if they aren't, then management is open to suggestions and welcomes ideas on how to fix any problems they might have.
Lower technician
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2016
· Specialized in repairing and maintaining automotive transmissions.
· Repaired, replaced and adjusted brakes.
· Engine, transmission and differential oil change.
Unique experience and great learning opportunity.
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON1 March 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Mr. Lube and have very few complaints with the establishment, although I am at the point where I am looking to make the next step and move onto something bigger.
Productive and Quick Paced
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, Ontario7 May 2015
Was 6 years ago and I just had a bad experience with a former manager. Other than that it was a great company to work for. Taught me a lot more about the business.
Pros
Excellent Work Area
Cons
Not Enough Hours