Mr. Lube Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Harsh Work Environment. Lots of pressure to upsell.
Assistant Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg20 October 2018
Ok for a time, not ideal for lengthy employment. Management cared about numbers, not staff. Long work days with very little/no breaks. Hard to balance work with home life.
Pros
Commisson is sales targets and surveys were met.
Cons
Long hours, little to no breaks
Inconsistent
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 August 2018
Over the phone setting up interview I was told $13/hr To start.. When at first interview I was told $12/hr to start but potential to make more with sales etc. 2nd interview at location I was gonna work at I was told $11/hr. after the first shift 3 hrs unpaid and I'd have to work 2 more 3 hr shifts unpaid before I get paid any hours I work!?

Absolute joke! I was done after the first 3hrs..
Pros
Cons
Alot
very fun place to work at
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 March 2018
i enjoy my time here however i feel that my expertise can be used and maximized in another career. if you feel like you want to start out on cars, or learn management and business skills i recommend this job, it will turn you into a outgoing salesman who knows a thing or two about the business.
Pros
get a shop to bring your car into to work on.
Cons
if there is a car in the shop you cant have a break, if its busy all 10 hours we are open we get zero break time. sometimes this can last for weeks, months of no breaks.
Do not work here
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 November 2017
Horrible place to work for. They can't keep employees for very long. Shifts very from 5-10 hours which you don't get paid overtime for unless you go over 60h. Only time you get a break is if there isn't any cars, so you miss lunch often on 10h days or on Sunday. You will need to have $118.00 in sales on every car or get yelled at or hours cut. The job is all about up selling.
Pros
Sports ticket draw, free coffee
Cons
No set breaks, not paid overtime unless over 60h, up selling products or services not needed, horrible managment.
Tire Tech
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 October 2017
Being a tire tech and running my own bay was great, it's where I learned how to patch a tire and how to work with tires. When I started there the guy who trained me was amazing at his job and trained me well.
Flexible scheduling and great work life balance
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2017
Mr.Lube is a great place to start a car in automotive care. While working here I have learned a lot about vehicles I didn't know before such as the different types of oil and other fluids used for vehicles.
Pros
Monthly Draws for sports tickets, some benefits, flexible schedule.
Cons
low hours, poor training, sale targets.
Fast paced enviroment for novice automotive technicians
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 June 2017
Mr. Lube is a decent place for individuals with less experience looking to pursue a career in the automotive industry. Entry level skills for automotive technicians.
Fun people to work with
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 March 2017
the people you work with are great but the management is horrible they only care about making the next dollar not what the customer needs, if the upper management was not there the place would have been an amazing place to work.
Pros
good people to work with.
Cons
really bad upper management
Really fun work place
Lower Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2017
Everyday is fun, other than the super busy day,
its really hard for everything first started, but after a month you will get into it, and start enjoy the work.
Hardest part for the job is sometimes its not you fault but when you touch the vehicle, all yours and you have to deal with it, and always have to do cleaning, but thats one part i like and i dont, Because some workers never do cleaning and made a mess and you have to deal with it,
Pros
All the staff is freindly
Cons
hours not fixed, salary not that high
Nice fast pace environment
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2017
The typical day at Mr.Lube is coming into work, and then you start taking cars. You have to know how to use the computer in order to pull up customers information.The management is ok.
Pros
You get a bonus if you sold enough product
Cons
Not really full time like they advertise when they recruit you.
somewhat acceptable place to work
Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  multiple stores in winnipeg26 March 2015
in a typical day you are on your feet constantly for your entire shift. this company does not provide any for of scheduled breaks and you may only take a break if there are no cars in the shop, which means that even having anything so far as food to keep your energy and motivation up is near impossible.
Pros
making customers happy
Cons
long hours on your feet with no breaks
good learning workplace.
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 February 2015
Mr.Lube is a good place to work if you would like to further your education on mechanics. But has many flaws, for example, the management only cares about how much money they make, not about their employees.
Pros
Good hours, Great work
Cons
Management, expendable employees.
Great job
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 June 2014
Worked there for over a year, got to learn a lot about vehicle maintenance.
Pros
Lots of hours, bonuses
Cons
N/a
Messy Greasy, Hands on Job
CERTIFIED UPPER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2014
Mr.Lube taught me lots about vehicle services, maintenance on vehicles and different Models and makes of Car companies Engines, Batteries, and location of every moving component we could replaced under the hood. Everyday would usually start with a coffee, and review of the weeks sales to project the determined amount of sales needed to accumulate for higher workers bonuses. The store would then get fully stocked and product ready for display for higher customer sales. Always busy doing something if no customers in shop, cleaning, stocking ,organizing, preparation of newspapers and drinks for future customers. Management was great, would come help you if you had any questions, come work on a vehicle with you if it's your first time with that model/ Make of vehicle, and ensured the customer would most likely return at that store for their next oil change. Co-workers were great, friendly and helpful. Never had a problem with asking them for help, or reassuring a "silly" question as long as customer was satisfied. I found Co-workers really went out of their way on occasions, really made the work environment a lot more enjoyable to be part of. So the co-workers and knowledge are the best things that came from Mr.Lube. The Hardest part of the job would be looking clean and not greasy playing with the engine parts and oil filters the way we have to.
Pros
Working with hands, bonuses, good hours
Cons
Colder in Winter, unpleasent smells, Had to scrub dirty hard after every shift.
Mr. Lube
Upper Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 December 2013
Fast paced work environment
Tight deadlines
Little to no control of shifts
Some good, some hard to work with employees and managers
Retail environment, lots of different customers and attitudes
great people - terrible employer
Sales (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg21 February 2013
if you enjoy getting ripped of by your employer
if you enjoy being treated like garbage
if you enjoy having your cheque shorted every payday
if you enjoy being told things will happen that never do
this job is for you!

seriously though, the wage sucks, they ask you to work 3 hours one day and 11 the next, constantly ask you to come in on your day off and then short you hours on that pay period. almost every check i have had in the year i had worked there was short. i am currently taking them to employment standards.

there are better companies to work for, at least in winnipeg, i would encourage you to continue looking. the people and some of the store managers are great, but the upper mgmt/ownership group really know how to exploit their staff and get even richer off being cheap and unfair to their staff.
Pros
great people to work with, the staff are excellent
Cons
terrible pay, terrible hours, terrible owners/management