Mr. Lube Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Not a good place to work.
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 March 2018
It was a bad place to work in my opinion, based on how the customers were treated. The company needs a lot of work with coming into better technological approaches.
great work place if you like sales andripping people off
Tire and Lube Technician & Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2018
great place to work at if you enjoy working on cars. not such a great place if you are an honest person that don't like ripping people off. store manager constantly hounding you to up sell more customers so they can meet there quota...
Poor management
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2017
Poor management and don't care about staff. All day and everyday were pushed to make sales and be unfaithful to customers. If the daily sales was not reached the staff would get low marks for the commission system.
excellent learning enviorment
Auto Mechanic Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2017
-supervisor, manager, and co-workers very helpful at teaching the trade.
-supervisor very understanding of personal situation and working schedule.
-very grateful for everything that they have taught me and gave me the oppurtunity to work.
Pros
commission
Challenging and competitive
Service Tech Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 March 2017
Enjoyable workplace with many exciting challenges. Very competitive within sales, which I enjoyed most. Management was kind and understand through any issues.
not a very good company to work for
Lube & Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2017
since the company is franchise owned they get away with a lot of stuff and they know they can. good company but cheap and inconsiderate
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
unprofessional, rude, cheap
constant flow of vehicles, Friendly Lower Tech's
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 February 2017
A typical Day at work would be me catching a bus to the shop before my shift, arriving and getting changed into my uniform, then going downstairs, clocking-in, going into the pit, working on 30-40+ cars, depending on the day (Sundays were the busiest) until my shift was over, usually 8:00 PM (closing) then catching the same bus in the other direction and went home. Most of what I know now is because of Mr. Lube such as: Oil changes, Transmission fluid replacement, Differential fluid replacement, Undercoating Services and was the start of my learning process of dismounting and remounting tires. the hardest part of the job would have to be the 12Hr shifts, or being the only tech downstairs on a Sunday. The most enjoyable part of the job would've been making friends with the main Lower Tech and the money I was making. Enjoyable place to work, if you got the time and patience for fast paced oil changed and a good attitude towards customers.
Pros
Decent Money
Cons
some of the management was okay, but some were ignorant and as a cause, are no longer working there
Fast-paced labour job
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 November 2016
Experiences will vary as this is a Franchised company. All on the job training no experience necessary. Fast-paced service environment, sales and customer service position if working upstairs. lots of cleaning and store image work daily. this is a good job if you have the right manager.
Pros
paid training, competitive pay, possibility for advancement.
Cons
long hour during winter months due to tire season. dirty environment, lots of customer service.
High stress and pace... but it's not too bad
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 March 2016
The place is aight... cept we get these supervisors who come from administrative places, and they are monsters who meander in and yell a lot.
Pros
Quick to progressively make more than minimum wage
Cons
Whiny Supervisor
Use & Abuse
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2016
The people I worked with are great, owners were great except they put too much pressure on managers to which in turn negatively effected employees. Hard and extra work is hardly recognized.
Pros
Co-workers are awesome
Cons
Commission is easily taken away.
Looking for any job related automotive
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga26 April 2015
excellent customer service, Eager to learn, learn every thing very quick. Work alone as well as team member, any new work can be done with little supervision
Decent work made difficult by a struggling industry
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 April 2015
The bar gets higher by the day when it comes to service standards and quality expectations in the automotive industry. Unfortunately for most quick-lubes, they won't be able to keep up forever. Car dealers continue to make products that require proprietary servicing, there's just no fighting that. This reality made the sales aspect of the job extremely difficult, many customers are skeptics and the "pitch" can be upsetting. It's often hard to clinch a sale without feeling like a bug.
I appreciated the experience, however, shifts were often long and breaks were short - sometimes neglected entirely. The "bonus" as an alternative to straight commission made for an extremely frightened staff, constantly in fear of financial repercussions that could befall them if they made a mistake. This was made worse by the relatively mediocre base pay (ranging mostly from minimum to $12.50/hr), meaning that without a healthy bonus, the skilled labour felt like it was being reciprocated with un-skilled pay.
Upsides, promotions are actually pretty easy to earn, or at least very reasonable. Turnover is high, so long-haulers are extremely valuable and higher positions open up all the time. I believe I was employed during a highly transformative period with the company (their annexation of Walmart's auto division) and that the experience may have been less turbulent in a simpler time.
Co-workers were often disgruntled, but on good days we all felt like winners, and the management did their best to emphasize the importance of a strong, organic team experience. We did our best, I made a lot of friends
  more... and got to work with some highly knowledgable individuals.
All-in-all, if you're into cars and you aren't afraid of rejection, it could be a great job for you in terms of salary and potential management roles within 2-3 years of starting out (for real). If you're more of a service-person at heart and don't like hounding for sales, the pacing probably won't be right for you.
They're a good business, but the auto game is changing fast. For the short term at least, this company is probably the best bet for anybody looking for a quick-lube gig, I genuinely recommend them above other, cheaper companies even to this day.
Pros
Potential for great pay and promotions
Cons
Grueling work, capped commission systems are flawed, urgency is key.
co-workers were great
Service Advisor, Mississauga (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2014
Co-workers were great at Mr. Lube, hours were ok and flexible but new management at my location was terrible. Left because of them
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Dead end.
service tech (Former Employee) –  burnhamthorpe and mavis, Mississauga, ON20 February 2014
Typically a day working here was around enjoyable company, but management doesnt seem to know what they are/want to do, They offer new employees promises of promotions and theres a severe lack of training. most get laid off 3/4 months in for being " unknowledgeable" hardest part of this job is being forced to take on responsibilities that should fall to a manager, and the easiest part is just showing up.
Pros
enjoyable staff
Cons
poor management, false promises, out-of-the-blue Layoffs.