Mr. Lube Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

pushy environment
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
not a good place to wrok only take
the job if you are desperate like i was.
not a good place for working
find different place if possible
Pros
free coffee
Cons
long hours, rude customer, bad managem
fun work palce
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
Mr Lube was Good Shop, and they will teach more that you need to learn, specially the management they are so friendly, and they are willing to give you chance to do your best.
Pros
free uniform
Great enviorment,Great upper management, Great Training and great flexibility
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2016
Mr.Lube started as my job 8 years ago. when i was 15. When i started in this company, i just looked at it as a job to help me through school and pay for sports. After 4 years and when i was in university i realised the potential this company has and the room for advancement is huge. there are over 15 store in Calgary. and they are always looking to improve to be the best. I made it to supervisor after my 6th year. It took some time but i was also extremely young and ignorant. Mr.Lube taught me to be humble and enjoy life. work to make yourself better. after i caught wind of this message that they were teaching me, i made it to manager within a year. It allowed me to buy a house and provide for my family with full benefits. Amazing company and gave me a chance to change and better my life.
Pros
Benefits, 44 hour weeks, Bonuses, Life Mentoring.
ok
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2016
It was okay, poorly managed, my co-workers were really nice though and they made the environment a lot more enjoyable. The work days were really long which sucked
Good
Automotive Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2016
Was really fun working here and learned a lot :). Must place to work if you are into cars and want to know the in's and out's of this business
Fun workplace!
Upper Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2016
Great workplace and people! Mr. Lube unfortunately does not offer apprenticeship programs. I learned a great deal of automotive maintenance information and was introduced to the fast paced garage atmosphere.
Absolutely fantastic and condusive workplace to be a part of.
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2015
Upon arrival for each shift, other associates will be waving and welcoming you immediately. A standard workday is very upbeat, supportive and challenging. You never stop learning. I was taught basic upper technician skills and was certified as a lower technician. I learned all about different drive line fluids and their purpose, engine additives and their purpose, tire rotations, windshield wiper blades, light bulb replacements and complementary services under the vehicle. Management could not have been better at my location. They were always supportive, accommodating and encouraging. My coworkers were always working as a team. Not once was it ever a "fend for yourself" system. If ever I needed help, somebody was always there to lend me a hand and vice versa. The hardest part about working at Mr.Lube, for me, was working in mechanics as a female. Appropriately dealing with out of line customers is always a struggle for me. I was encouraged to stand my ground and request that they speak to me with a different tone and more respect. It was always a struggle for me though. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is knowing that everyday I will learn something and become that much more efficient. That is something that gives me a lot of pride and it helps the face of the company as well.
Pros
Learning
Cons
The location I worked at was very far for me to get to.
Bad Morals
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2015
The manager at the Memorial location was a dishonest woman who always pressured sales on people without providing actual knowledge to the customer about their purchase. She'd often get irate if you wouldn't push the sale. I had problems with lying to customers and would often prefer to help a customer, rather than rip them off.
Pros
Hours worked great with childcare
Cons
Management had no morals
opens doors
Service Advisor/Technician (Former Employee) –  calgary alberta8 January 2015
As a former employee of Mr. Lube, I can easily say that this job isn't the greatest possible job to get for someone that is trying to advance in the mechanic career but it does open doors to other big companies like Honda or Nissan
great place to work at, always busy.
Upper Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 November 2014
co-workers were amazing, very busy. always something to keep you busy.
Performing multiple task in fast paced environment
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary29 October 2014
working under pressure
learned customer service
managing with co workers through constructive criticism
delegating work according to service orders.
working under cars was most enjoyable.
Good perks, poor communication
Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 October 2014
Good place to work if you don't mind lack of communication. Good perks but expect you to be able to do more than your share of work.
Learned more about automobiles
Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 June 2014
As a technician i had to service variety of different cars which gave me the opportunity to learn a lot about cars. Management at Mr. Lube was organised and i was able to take days off when needed. Hardest part of the job was that sometimes i would get 10 hour shifts which can get very exhausting.
management was lacking
Customer Service, Inventory & shop clean-up (Former Employee) –  calgary ab30 July 2012
My manager was lacking descency
He did not follow all the rules in the employee handbook
Cons
management
Productive & Busy environment
lube technician (Former Employee) –  calgary5 March 2012
Product and Busy working environment needing fast and alert employees
Pros
busy
Cons
understaffed