Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

Inconsistent
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 August 2018
Over the phone setting up interview I was told $13/hr To start.. When at first interview I was told $12/hr to start but potential to make more with sales etc. 2nd interview at location I was gonna work at I was told $11/hr. after the first shift 3 hrs unpaid and I'd have to work 2 more 3 hr shifts unpaid before I get paid any hours I work!?

Absolute joke! I was done after the first 3hrs..
Pros
Cons
Alot
Decent place to get experience
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 August 2018
Mr lube is alot better then alot of other lube shops in the industry. They teach u the proper way of doing things and there is room for advancement within the company as well.
Pros
Discount on oil changes
Cons
Not a big wage here
Good to work to learn about cars, bad due to being treated like dirt by higher ups
Lubrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 July 2018
If you want to learn how to do an oil change, change tires or other work on a car than go for it. Working here was great to a point. District Manager is verbally abusive to the staff even if it’s nit their fault. Calls staff names, puts them down, makes your shift very uncomfortable. You can also learn how to scam a customer out of their hard earned money for services that may not need for a few months later or services they do not need at all. Upper floor staff get paid hourly plus a commission for those “sales”. Staff memebers will try and swoop in and steal your sale by adding themselves to the ticket.
Store Manager however, is a great person. Always positive and always very helpful with staff and customers. Even in a bad day the store manager comes across as happy and positive as he does not allow his outside life affect his work life. Also very approachable and helpful when you ask for help.
Pros
Working on cars, co-workers, store manager. Everyone helps each other out
Cons
District Manager’s attitude, low pay, having to lie to customers, pushing sales onto customers, working in hot/cold conditions
Enjoyed this type of work
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
I worked at Mr.Lube years ago. At the time is was interested in automotive work. This company is great for learning basic maintenance for cars and trucks of all kinds.
Pros
great job for inspiring mechanics
Mr.Lube
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 July 2018
Each day I come into work, change customers tires, vehicle fluid exchanges. I did encounter my TIA certificate during my time at Mr.Lube. I really enjoyed being busy, working with my hands is what i really enjoy most!
Cons
not stable hours for our growing family
Good place for a young person to make a buck, with a few drawbacks
Automotive Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON8 July 2018
They gave me a job when I needed it so there isn't too much bad I can really say. The job is tough, especially upselling to customers who clearly really don't have the money to spend. It can be heartbreaking in that sense.

Most of the guys I worked with were good and nice people, mostly just certain parts of management were shady. Too often someone got promoted for almost no reason except he was a friend of the owner or his son, and left other people with huge accolades and amazing accomplishments in the dust.

The job is fun, the oil changes are actually a lot of fun to perform, and believe it or not is the smallest part of the upper technicians job.
Your job is to be charming and nice, and trusting. So that customers are willing to let you perform services on their vehicles, rather than go somewhere else to have it done.
Standard automotive work and welcoming workplace environment
Automotive Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 July 2018
The job can vary from changing fluids and filters to changing and balancing tires. Training is rather lengthy in time but is filled with useful job related information. Co-Workers are very welcoming and are very insightful on how to complete jobs safely and efficiently.
productive and learning experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 June 2018
Typical day at work consist of managing the staff members productivity. Dealing with customer complaints. Running reports of each individual and going over them with all the employees. Making sure all the orders are done so, we have all the products handy. Managing product and wage cost on daily purposes.
Work/life balance, job security
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON11 June 2018
Easy going job
Work/life balance
strong work ethics practiced
Management is very respectful
hard part of the job is the irritated customers
workplace culture was very "chill"
productive workplace
Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 June 2018
workplace which offers skills in mechanics as well as skills in customer service, offering a great deal of mechanical services. Mr Lube provided training making the job not hard to do. Workplace is friendly with highly trained management which is understanding and is concerned with my well being. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work on all kinds of diesel and gas vehicles.
Pros
Free lunches, staff outings, full hours
nice learning experience
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 May 2018
working here helped to improve my skills in sales and servicing, improve my communication skills , my general knowledge about automotive and all in all it was a good experience to have.
Pros
commission based job
Cons
criteria for making commission
A lot of teamwork, really enthusiastic work environment
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2018
Overall a very clean place to work, every employee got along well, and gave me proper training. My training was complete within 2 weeks of working on weekends. Staff was very friendly, and made work fun! A lot of knowledge gained on working with various vehicles!
Pros
Free lunches
To much work politics
OIL TECHNICIAN & SALES (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2018
this job was by far one of the worst management experiences i have ever dealt with. nothing, but a scam and we are forced to lie to customer about issues on their vehicles.
Great place and even greater people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON14 May 2018
Great culture, fun environment and great bonuses.
helped me a lot with my sales and confidence around customers really recommend if sales is in your future.
Pros
great bonus
Cons
slow days
Not a great place to work
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2018
I have been with the company for a little over a year, and as of late they have truly be screwing me over. I haven't had a day off in weeks, I'm being force to work multiple doubles, and they're forcing me to go to other stores without asking me if I'm okay with it. I do not recommend this company. Plus, management is a joke.
Cons
management
Fun Place to Work
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 April 2018
I learned the basics of car maintenance and how to execute the duties (i.e oil changes, differential services, undercoats). The management was fun to work with, some of the co-workers/employees were good and fun people to be around, but the management took a turn for the worst which led to my departure. The enjoyable part of the job was getting better at what u were doing, figuring out the little things to make yourself faster and more effective.
Pros
Accommodative
Cons
hours
good place to gain practical experience
Tire technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2018
Had fun working at Mr lube and learned basic practical experience on cars such as how to do oil change, replace tires, balance tires, manage time. management was poor.
Pretty Decent job
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2018
this was a pretty good job a good stepping stone for understanding the basics of an operations of a car. i would recommend this is you can work fast and are ready for whatever you have to do.
very fun place to work at
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 March 2018
i enjoy my time here however i feel that my expertise can be used and maximized in another career. if you feel like you want to start out on cars, or learn management and business skills i recommend this job, it will turn you into a outgoing salesman who knows a thing or two about the business.
Pros
get a shop to bring your car into to work on.
Cons
if there is a car in the shop you cant have a break, if its busy all 10 hours we are open we get zero break time. sometimes this can last for weeks, months of no breaks.
Garbage
Technician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS15 March 2018
very hard to move up in the company. lots of empty promises and also theyll cut your commision. Its a very toxic work environment, lots of drama and backstabbing its like being in high school all over again. Please do urself a favour your better off working at Canadian tire or wal mart. They make the place seem like a fun place to be at when you get there but I promise you after 3 months youll hate ur life.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Two faced