Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

Overall
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 January 2019
During my time at Mr.Lube I learned alot about maintenance of an automobile and how to maintain them myself, the management was always there for you if needed and my coworkers were always friendly.
harassment and bullying workplace
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON6 January 2019
I either got harassed or bullied at my work place.
I learned how to drain oil and change oil filters.
Management was not the best.
We had no culture.
The hardest part of my job was wondering how my shift was gonna be like that day.
I didn't enjoy my job at Mr.Lube.
Its a fun place to work
LOWER TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2019
It starts with checking in, the minute you checking in the tough time starts .The work place is fun but as i was the only lower technician and there were 8 upper technicians . So they do their job so fast because they are 8 and there is only 3 bays in the whole store ,and the hardest one was nobody wants to help the lower tech coz its dirty job lots of hot oil and grease and all kinds of stuff . And the good thing about Mr. Lube was they give you commission when you do upseling . I used to do a lot of upselling . But at the end of the shift you will be so tired .And my manager over there was not that nice towards me and he asked me to paint the store and the garbage door when it was -20 degrees outside. And i did it really good .They didnt mention anything about the painting jobs in the offer letter . And the used to switch me over to different locations.There was a lot of hard ships which i had to go through over there .And the end of the day or of your shift you wont be having energy to do another job . You feel like crashing on to the bed .
Pros
commissions
Cons
need to work on 3 cars with in 10 min
Productive and fun workplace
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2019
changing tired and cleaning the shop if fun and productive, also doing also changed learning and meeting new people, I learned how to change tires, do oil changes, and drive cars into the shop, the workplace people were great. The hardest part of the job was lifting tires. The most enjoyable part or the job was driving cars into the shop.
Pros
Days go by fast
Cons
Heavy lifting of tires
Excellent positive atmosphere.
Tire Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 December 2018
It is a great place to work. The management are so easy going and easy to get along with. The job itself is pretty straight forward. Always have sufficient amount of staff working at any given time, even during the hectic tire changing season.
Pros
excellent management
Horrible Place to work
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  North York, ON20 December 2018
Horrible place to work, constantly under pressure from the Owner and the Management to produce sales even after the customer has declined the service. Also under tremendous pressure to work fast.
0/10 would not recommend anyone to work this place
All in all, a meaningful experience
ASSISTANT OIL AND TIRE CHANGE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2018
Though I was not raised with a heavy technical background and I lacked experience in the job department, I quickly began to pick up skills needed to fulfill assignments given to me. The workplace was a friendly environment and my teachers were patient and helpful in developing my abilities not just as a technician but an efficient worker in general. Though in the end I felt like I had a different niche for a different job, I am overall grateful for the time I spent there.
Pros
Reasonable Hours
Cons
At times there was very little to do
Pickering Location
Technician (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON5 December 2018
Immediate Manager was great. Rest of management sucks. Manager that does schedule is unorganized and doesn't so schedule until the last minute. If you request a day off you can almost guarantee you will be scheduled to work. Turn over is huge here because no one can stand working at this place. Any one with half a brain quits. Only ones that stay are the lazy fools that don't do much at all. They are a cheap company to work for and things are let go instead of repairing them. You never get off on time and often don't get paid for the extra time put in. Often you work long hours without a break. Save the aggravation don't even apply here.
Pros
Cons
everything
Casual workplace but no career advancement
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2018
The jobs pretty easy and the general atmosphere is pretty casual however no matter how hard you try you wont get so much as a raise out of them, let alone a promotion. So if you need something easy to get bills paid for a short amount of time then this job isnt so bad but its not a good idea to stay long because you wont get anywhere
Pros
Casual work
Cons
No advancement
Great until you get into management.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 November 2018
Terrible place to work went from bottom to top in 8 months worked my tail off for 2 years to be let go because of high turnover rate. No complaints ,no write ups,no warning just tossed out right before Christmas.
mr lube
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2018
typical day at work consisted on doing a variety of services for vehicles in the lube bays ranging from oil changes to transmission flushes, coolant flushes replacing belts and other minor services
as well as maintaining the shop cleanliness, keeping inventory and maintaining a log in the system of everyone's hours.
Pros
fun job flexible hours
Cons
low pay not much room for advancement
Wasn't satisfied
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON30 October 2018
Working there was alright i guess.. but the way they pay is you isnt right . Employee payments are missed sometimes overall i would give it 2 stars i wouldnt reccomend working there
it was a good learning experience
Upper- Technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 October 2018
it was a good learning experience but they are a bit rude and not that good management I wish they would pay more and not try to scam people to pay more.
okay place
Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB20 October 2018
Good job to start out at. Hours were okay. Pay was satisfactory. Work conditions were not too bad. People were okay, shop was very small and sometimes quiet.
Harsh Work Environment. Lots of pressure to upsell.
Assistant Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg20 October 2018
Ok for a time, not ideal for lengthy employment. Management cared about numbers, not staff. Long work days with very little/no breaks. Hard to balance work with home life.
Pros
Commisson is sales targets and surveys were met.
Cons
Long hours, little to no breaks
Very satisfing feeling changing the oil on the cars.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
Loved working under the cars as a lower tech, swapping out the old for the new is very satisfing. A fullfiling and gratifying job and I always looked forward to going into work.
rude
Greeter (Former Employee) –  BC6 October 2018
They are sexist.

I applied for this job to get some intake on what it would be like to work with cars as I was interested in becoming a girl mechanic at the time. They hired me as the "greeter" and I constantly asked them if I could start training to change the oil. They just kept saying "oh maybe next month".. it took me a few months of asking when I eventually had enough and quit.

They expect you to sell things that don't even work like the "ENGINE FLUSH" and it costs $40 and you don't make any commission off of it.. when you're a "greeter". I called in sick once and because I said I have too much anxiety to come to work the supervisor told me that I was lying and that that doesn't count as being sick and to bring in a doctors note when I come back to work.

The washroom is a public washroom for MEN and WOMEN but they don't have a feminine hygiene product garbage.
If you go into this sales oriented environment with the skills you'll do just fine.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 October 2018
Franchise operation that offers as much success as the owner is willing to put into its company. Communication is lacking but the structure is set up for success for those who know the winning formula. It seemed as though the ones who know how to succeed here did not want to share it or didn't know how.
Pros
Room for growth if you bring your skills to the company.
Cons
Skills are not taught and advancement often comes at the cost of time and not skill.
I am Great
Upper technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 September 2018
I would be a great asset to your team as i am a great with customers and very enthusiastic and love dealing with people know matter what there attitude is i can handle it, as well as i love working as a team and work well under pressure.
productive and such nice place as work place
MECHANIC SHOP (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON14 September 2018
· Updated account details in a computer system for customers
· Explain services for repairs and outline fee structures
· Arrange for complimentary vehicles for longer repairs
· Write up vehicle assessments and explain additional repair needs
Pros
free coffee, BBQ every mount