Mr. Lube
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

Canada412 reviews
Some days were better than others, they would get us lunches and what not. The experience would have been good if it had not been tainted by the pressure from managers to sell, even if the customer did not want or need the product or service.

The worst thing for me was that, while i worked here, they had what was called a "standard hours of work" permit. This allowed them to have employees work for up to 10 hours a day with no scheduled breaks or overtime. I'm sure that their reasoning for this permit was in the best interest of the business, but some days, you would be going from start to finish without so much as the ability to stop and eat.
Pros
Decent pay, Benefits for Full-time employees.
Cons
days could get gruelling.
Staff and management sucks but it’s all dependable on what area and store you work at. Some are better than others. The biggest issue is lack of trust or support given. You have to lie to customers to make sales and if you don’t make sales you get fired. For people who like to be truthful this is not the job for you.
I've been working at mr lube for a year and a half now. It's a great place to see how far you are willing to work under pressure. Plus, you can learn much more about cars. The problems that occur is suddenly being asked to stay to count inventory while clocked out, or clock out then clean up and leave. Or suddenly getting transferred to a different location shop without asking. Basically, working here you will be used.
Pros
Good hours, good foundation on car knowledge, good teamates
Cons
Being used, grueling work days, low staff, unorganized
Loved working in a garage would love to go back. Loved to learn everything we did at mr.lube the staff was very good and helped me get good at changing oil and tires.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Long shifts
I was hired as lower tech. A lower tech pulls the oil plug, changes the oil filter, checks the drive line fluids, and does everything needed underneath the vehicle being serviced. I was just as fast, clean, and experienced as the other lower tech (male). Yet every chance he got he would complain about something like a missing tool or messy work area and such. The "management" made a list that needed to be signed off by both of us lowers every night either of us closed. Only my nights were ever signed and checked (inspected)...the other guy was NEVER checked and if I ever had a complaint about him... an excuse was made for him...everything was always my fault.
They also have an upsell program where the more you sell the better "bonus" you got on your pay cheque. They would brag about lying to older folks and young people just to get a sale. I got "talked" to because I was not "selling" as much as everyone else.

I do not recommend honest people ever working or even giving them business because all they care about is emptying your bank account.
Pros
Cons
sexist, misogynistic
I have never seen a place that had a manager so useless. In an 8hr day, he is probably on the floor for 2hr. And pay is minimum wage with no chance of a raise. Don't apply!
Pros
Easy work, friendly staff
Cons
Manager, no raises, fired if you cant sell
The owners SUCK. That being said the General manager, and area managers are great and can be very helpful. Pay is definitely low. Days can be very long.
If you want to be disrespected and treated poorly then work here, management is clueless and incompetent to the max. Building falling, apart owner is cheap, heats always broken in the winter, and your not allowed to wear a hat to stay warm. Just all around the worse place I’ve ever been employed too
Cons
Management has no idea what it’s doing from the owners to their little minions . Advancements only come if your a money hungry and take advantage of customers
Time off is basically a no go unless you call in sick .

This is the worst company I have worked for in my life.

Oh and don’t go above and beyond you’ll get over worked in a blink of an eye .
Pros
Some staff are nice
Cons
Okay place if you wanna work continously. Overall wouldnt reccomend as its not the greatest environment.
Management is poor and its commission based so you yave to upsell lo
Good staff makes person feel good .
Enjoy doing work on different cars.

Working here helps to learn many different things about the car . I love working on Mr. Lube
i have been working in Mr lube a year i had a great experience there, i got a nice manager and team as well they treated and trained me in a very good manner. that how i can apply in any automotive company as a technician..
Fun to work lots of experience to acquire, lots of room for growth but the management most of the time will just undermine the workers.
usually will push you for sales.
Mr Lube helped me improve my working speed due to the fast paced nature of the business. The interaction with different people on a constant basis helped improve relation skills.
I would recommend as a first step for individuals new to the work force.
Enjoyed working there but was unexpectedly let go without notice. Was told many were being laid off. Contacted them several time but still waiting to be called back.
Worked there for a year and a half. Started out great learned a lot but once moved up innthe store hours become scattered, responsibilities are dropped on you and things are expected of you that should not be. I left due to poor upper managment skills and random hours that could not be adjusted
The location that I worked at had a manager who conducted unethical practices, along with the owner. The compensation model relied to heavily on commission and a number of times would result in bad customer experiences.
Nice place if someone likes to work on cars. No prior experience mandatory. If you are honest to your job and willing to learn so it's a great place. It's a franchise business so totally depends on location about job conditions.
Good place to work. Some incentives to for making sales. Good place to learn the basics of car mechanics like oil change, tire change, light bulb change
A typical day for a lower tech can be very busy as we have to service 2-3 cars at a time , sometimes there are no cars and somedays we are unable to get a break . People are supportive especially seniors.
Completely unreliable. Management is a disaster. I worked there years prior and hated it. Came back years later hoping things would be better.. They are not.. Bad environment everyone is stressed and angry
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else