Mr. Lube Employee Reviews

Harsh Work Environment. Lots of pressure to upsell.
Assistant Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg20 October 2018
Ok for a time, not ideal for lengthy employment. Management cared about numbers, not staff. Long work days with very little/no breaks. Hard to balance work with home life.
Pros
Commisson is sales targets and surveys were met.
Cons
Long hours, little to no breaks
Very satisfing feeling changing the oil on the cars.
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2018
Loved working under the cars as a lower tech, swapping out the old for the new is very satisfing. A fullfiling and gratifying job and I always looked forward to going into work.
rude
Greeter (Former Employee) –  BC6 October 2018
They are sexist.

I applied for this job to get some intake on what it would be like to work with cars as I was interested in becoming a girl mechanic at the time. They hired me as the "greeter" and I constantly asked them if I could start training to change the oil. They just kept saying "oh maybe next month".. it took me a few months of asking when I eventually had enough and quit.

They expect you to sell things that don't even work like the "ENGINE FLUSH" and it costs $40 and you don't make any commission off of it.. when you're a "greeter". I called in sick once and because I said I have too much anxiety to come to work the supervisor told me that I was lying and that that doesn't count as being sick and to bring in a doctors note when I come back to work.

The washroom is a public washroom for MEN and WOMEN but they don't have a feminine hygiene product garbage.
If you go into this sales oriented environment with the skills you'll do just fine.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 October 2018
Franchise operation that offers as much success as the owner is willing to put into its company. Communication is lacking but the structure is set up for success for those who know the winning formula. It seemed as though the ones who know how to succeed here did not want to share it or didn't know how.
Pros
Room for growth if you bring your skills to the company.
Cons
Skills are not taught and advancement often comes at the cost of time and not skill.
I am Great
Upper technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 September 2018
I would be a great asset to your team as i am a great with customers and very enthusiastic and love dealing with people know matter what there attitude is i can handle it, as well as i love working as a team and work well under pressure.
productive and such nice place as work place
MECHANIC SHOP (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON14 September 2018
· Updated account details in a computer system for customers
· Explain services for repairs and outline fee structures
· Arrange for complimentary vehicles for longer repairs
· Write up vehicle assessments and explain additional repair needs
Pros
free coffee, BBQ every mount
Productive and fun
Service technician and tire technician (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB9 September 2018
Working with others.
There was never a really hard part of my job.
I enjoyed working with customers and I as a superviser, would take things very seriously.
Pros
Always busy and the time flew
Harsh work environment
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 September 2018
You look at the ad wherever you find it and it promises a nice $20/hr, so you apply, easy interview accepted no problem. First day, some of the workers are kind some nice conversations and overall nice people, others treat you like a newbie and make you do all the grunt work, which is expected. The thing is when the other workers start making you do their job for them that is the issue, plus they tell you after you are hired that you have to complete about 3 months of work before you can get a competitive salary and you have to pay about $200+ for your work clothes which is 20 hrs of work at the starting wage. The work is draining both physically and mentally, and has early hours. On the plus side you get a free meal all day on their anniversary and sometimes you only get 3 or 4 customers a day. PS. I quit early because of school and gave my 2 weeks notice but ended up having to pick up cheque because they refused to mail it to me, its the little things.
Very fast paced environment.
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
Good place for a fast oil change and a good place for a part-time job.
In my opinion its not a good place for a full time and the reason behind that is so much stress.
Was the best then the worst
Supervisor/ Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 September 2018
Worked at 3 different locations first 2 were in Ottawa and Windsor, the second store in Windsor was the worst experience of my life, ordered to rip customers off, management fired me because I called the store manager out for being an idiot that slept all day
Fun
Bay Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK30 August 2018
Enjoy working with vehicles and learn the basic maintenance. Every day you learn something new about a different vehicle. Physically demanding but rewarding with everything you learn
hard but fun
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 August 2018
great place to start people are really cool there the shop was a little messy and over priced managers were the worst of anywhere. but overall was a good place to experience real work
Great first job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON28 August 2018
If you are looking to start in the automotive industry theres no better place, cause everyday you work with different model and makes. Easy going coworkers and flexible schedule.
Pros
Good pay and comission
Cons
Poor management
Fun, Team Oriented
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2018
Working at Mr.Lube, even for the short time I was there, was an amazing experience. I learned A LOT about vehicles that I may not have known. It helped me really decide that I want to continue in the automotive industry.
The location where I worked had an amazing general manager who seemed to genuinely care about each and every team member. Even the other team members I worked with daily helped to ensure everyone was successful which made my days easier to get through and anytime I needed help, someone was there. Having support at work was awesome
Pros
Basic Mechanic Knowledge
Cons
Not Family Friendly Hours per say
Inconsistent
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 August 2018
Over the phone setting up interview I was told $13/hr To start.. When at first interview I was told $12/hr to start but potential to make more with sales etc. 2nd interview at location I was gonna work at I was told $11/hr. after the first shift 3 hrs unpaid and I'd have to work 2 more 3 hr shifts unpaid before I get paid any hours I work!?

Absolute joke! I was done after the first 3hrs..
Pros
Cons
Alot
Horrible Work enviroment
Lower Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 August 2018
was not a good experience working with them. management was trash. no breaks for the most part. rarely time off. If it was your day off and you were sick they wouldn't care they would want you in or threaten to replace you.
Decent place to get experience
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 August 2018
Mr lube is alot better then alot of other lube shops in the industry. They teach u the proper way of doing things and there is room for advancement within the company as well.
Pros
Discount on oil changes
Cons
Not a big wage here
Good to work to learn about cars, bad due to being treated like dirt by higher ups
Lubrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 July 2018
If you want to learn how to do an oil change, change tires or other work on a car than go for it. Working here was great to a point. District Manager is verbally abusive to the staff even if it’s nit their fault. Calls staff names, puts them down, makes your shift very uncomfortable. You can also learn how to scam a customer out of their hard earned money for services that may not need for a few months later or services they do not need at all. Upper floor staff get paid hourly plus a commission for those “sales”. Staff memebers will try and swoop in and steal your sale by adding themselves to the ticket.
Store Manager however, is a great person. Always positive and always very helpful with staff and customers. Even in a bad day the store manager comes across as happy and positive as he does not allow his outside life affect his work life. Also very approachable and helpful when you ask for help.
Pros
Working on cars, co-workers, store manager. Everyone helps each other out
Cons
District Manager’s attitude, low pay, having to lie to customers, pushing sales onto customers, working in hot/cold conditions
Enjoyed this type of work
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 July 2018
I worked at Mr.Lube years ago. At the time is was interested in automotive work. This company is great for learning basic maintenance for cars and trucks of all kinds.
Pros
great job for inspiring mechanics
Mr.Lube
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 July 2018
Each day I come into work, change customers tires, vehicle fluid exchanges. I did encounter my TIA certificate during my time at Mr.Lube. I really enjoyed being busy, working with my hands is what i really enjoy most!
Cons
not stable hours for our growing family