Mr. Greek

Mr. Greek Employee Reviews

Canada52 reviews
I started as a dishwasher then worked in kitchen as cook. Learn how to manage many things and people. Right now I work as a supervisor in one of VPC group of company’s branch.
I worked at the one across from the Rogers centre downtown Toronto. The management was the worst, there was only ever people coming in for takeout. They had me serving tables (when there were tables) and cleaning toilettes. I take extreme pride in my work and work ethic, but one day I was having family issues, and had to leave two hours before the end of my shift. The restaurant was completely dead and the manager was there. I had a note from the hospital saying I needed a couple days off, they made me work the next three days following the night after I left and then proceeded to suspended me for a week, told me to call at the end of the week but when I did they suspended me a second week and then at the end fired me. I should have sued them but too many things were going on and I didn’t have the strength to do it. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS LOCATION.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
I can’t talk about my job in this here. But my job it’s ok and I quick because i move. I suggest work in this restaurant. It was a good and different experience for me.
fast-paced based on the day, but a great friendly environment. very welcoming staff and management. learned a lot from my co-workers. something to note is that you need to learn how to memorize orders efficiently.
It wasn’t the worst or best. Small amount of employees. And can get stressful when busy. The management was very good. Helped everyone out on issues. If in need of a job would recommend.
Mr. Greek was my first job which made me hate working in fast food. Had a terrible manager, never got paid, everything was dirty and unorganized, we got treated terribly by the manager and other employees who thought they owned the place, health and safety regulations were not followed, favorites were always picked, the work hours and breaks were also not organized properly and the favorites always got to chose when they wanted to work while the people who weren't favorites got to do everything. horrible horrible HORRIBLE place to work.
It was a family business.
Had its challenges but also rewards

Great Environment and lots of experience gained.

Managed a staff of 20+ for almost 8 years.
I am currently working there and we work as a team. Staff is really cooperative. Love to work with all of you guys. If you are looking for a job that makes you feel happy and have fun at work, this is right for you 😊
The absolute worst managers i have ever worked for. Lazy, selfish and always making racist remarks to non-brown people. Seems like they are forgetting that Mr. and Mrs. Greek, the people that pay us are Greek and not brown. If the owners only knew what goes on at this location they would all be fired.{Managers}
I have had very good experiences and not so good experiences working at various locations, it depended on management at the time. I would recommend this company to those who enjoy a fast paced working environment doing multiple tasks.
the place is now closed, but the food was okay, lots of delivery orders and take out, cleaning duties sucked, overall not bad also dishes after every shift sucked
The workplace itself was very dramatic, with every employee gossiping about one another especially with the managers. Lots of cliques. It felt very exclusive. If you can get past all that though the job itself was decent. A lot of the customers were delightful (although some were not), and overall it was a fun, fact-paced work environment. Good minimum wage job.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
Long hours, workplace drama
It was really nice to see how many good people are working there, but the boss is always mad and yells at everyone, its really hard to work in this kind of inviroment
The restaurant itself seems a bit tight when the rush hour hits and all the hot food is by the take out side. The restaurant is clean and has a nice atmosphere to enjoy your meal.
Pros
Half price meals
I was a Mr. Greek worker for 2 years and that's where I learned everything. I am very thankful for the opportunity but the management was horrible very un organized by this I mean that we wouldn't have a schedule you would just assume they days you work, no pay stubs meaning that your cheque was either wrong or you weren't even getting it on time. typically we would walk in to do prep with our head manger missing.
Pros
fun, up beat
Cons
very unorganized
Best Mediterranean Food. People love to eat here. There are 120 seats and including space for large parties up-to 50 people. Its a stand alone building with exposure on Yonge St.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Great job it was very busy and i enjoyed working hard and helping other people i felt very accomplished and smart i am happy that i had the chance to work with such a great company it made my life feel flvwry busy and worthwile
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hard work tiering
I loved working here. It was comfortable and productive and taught me a lot about the job, sadly I moved and couldn't keep the job due to my location
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not busy
A typical day at work consists of delivering the best customer service. having fun with the customers and having side conversations allows both the employee and the customer to have a smooth sale.
Ownership and Management is unstable, working conditions are unacceptable (ie. very hot in summer & freezing cold in the winter) and owner is inappropriate and dopant follow safe working conditions or guidelines.
Pros
relaxed workers
Cons
bad environment
over all efficient and friendly workplace environment. busy working days. I have learned to organize catering orders and meet customers satisfaction.
Pros
free lunch