Mr. Greek Employee Reviews

OK to work
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 June 2019
The restaurant itself seems a bit tight when the rush hour hits and all the hot food is by the take out side. The restaurant is clean and has a nice atmosphere to enjoy your meal.
Pros
Half price meals
wasnt the best
Cashier/Server/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2019
I was a Mr. Greek worker for 2 years and that's where I learned everything. I am very thankful for the opportunity but the management was horrible very un organized by this I mean that we wouldn't have a schedule you would just assume they days you work, no pay stubs meaning that your cheque was either wrong or you weren't even getting it on time. typically we would walk in to do prep with our head manger missing.
Pros
fun, up beat
Cons
very unorganized
A lot to learn
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON20 December 2018
Best Mediterranean Food. People love to eat here. There are 120 seats and including space for large parties up-to 50 people. Its a stand alone building with exposure on Yonge St.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Good
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto13 December 2018
Great job it was very busy and i enjoyed working hard and helping other people i felt very accomplished and smart i am happy that i had the chance to work with such a great company it made my life feel flvwry busy and worthwile
Pros
Good money
Cons
Hard work tiering
Fun and comfortable place to work
Bartender & Closing server (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON13 November 2018
I loved working here. It was comfortable and productive and taught me a lot about the job, sadly I moved and couldn't keep the job due to my location
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not busy
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON2 November 2018
A typical day at work consists of delivering the best customer service. having fun with the customers and having side conversations allows both the employee and the customer to have a smooth sale.
bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON9 July 2018
Ownership and Management is unstable, working conditions are unacceptable (ie. very hot in summer & freezing cold in the winter) and owner is inappropriate and dopant follow safe working conditions or guidelines.
Pros
relaxed workers
Cons
bad environment
productiive and fun work place
Front Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 May 2018
over all efficient and friendly workplace environment. busy working days. I have learned to organize catering orders and meet customers satisfaction.
Pros
free lunch
Poor management
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
Poor management; disorganized team; low morale among staff
High turnover rate. High rates of being fired. Management plays favourites. Gets busy on game nights but it's so disorganized that it becomes very stressful. Tips are ok,
Great!
Waitress, Greeter, Trainer, Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON8 April 2018
always work or hours available when asked for. Amazing, supportive management. Great staff. The restaurant was open Monday to Sunday and I had set days to work.
Amazing company with excellent service
Prep & Cook (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 March 2018
A typical day working at Mr. Greek is very past-paced with friendly staff. Learned many things, and improved on other skills as well such as communication skills. The hardest part of the job is during peak times, but everything goes smoothly with everyone communicating properly making everything run well. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly staff members.
Pros
Enjoyable environment
Cons
Short shifts
working at mr.greek
Casher and Waitress (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2018
Not a good job, not a proper way to gain experience for a future workplace. Although it is better than not having a job. it was a first job that I had and it didn't help me much that's why I want to have a job that connects to my design field
Pros
n/a
Cons
not organized
Unprofessional
Take-out Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON11 January 2018
I've worked at Mr Greek for years now. It used to be an okay place to work but the head office are crooks and don't care about their employees. I've had too many checks bounce, waited weeks to get reimbursed and never got reimbursed for the charges from my bank when it was Mr Greeks fault for them bouncing in the first place. I've had to wait 4+ months just for my vacation pay, and have had missing hours on my checks multiple times. And if you have a problem with a fellow employee they don't care to settle any issues. And since the new manager it's been even worse. He's entirely lazy and refuses to help when it gets busy when we're short staffed, he prefers to sit in the office playing tetris. And you don't get any breaks working here. Take my advice and don't work here this place is a total joke. All the good reviews are from years ago when we had management that actually valued their staff..they don't anymore.
Pros
Some of the staff are good people
Cons
Bounced checks, favoritism, extremely lazy yet entitled staff, 4+ month holds on vacation pay, no breaks, and only 50% off on less than a quarter of the menu
Chef (Current Employee) –  Argentia Mississauga2 November 2017
Working here from last 8 months and it is very good experience to bieng a part of mr geek and i have learned many things mainly to manage and communication skills
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Relatively easy job, problems with management
Counter Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 September 2017
The person that owns this place is great, but management is difficult to work with and is the reason I stopped working there. You kind of wear all the hats even though you're assigned to one position, which is okay, you gain experience, but I didn't find it enjoyable most of the time.
Productive and friendly environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
It's been a pleasure working for mr GREEK restaurants.
They offer you chances to advance in upper management. It's a family run business and they make you feel like family.
Overall very good place to work.
Pros
Learning every aspect of a restaurant business
Cons
Fun but frustrating environment to work in
Cashier/server/cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 May 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job was working with a lot of friendly team memebers. What I learnt was to work in a very fast paced environment with a team in a productive manner, and how to cook and make the food that was required. Management was going through a rough watch while I worked there so times were getting frustrating with schedules and being understaffed.
bad
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
This job paid less than minimum wage and I received less than the lower amount I was given. I hardly got any breaks even while working overtime. Would not recommend.
Safe and friendly work place
Team member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 February 2017
Cooperative management and fellow team members make it a very friendly and safe environment to work.
The restaurant has good working conditions and work is equally distributed.
not so great
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 February 2017
the management was very hard to work for, very picky with what they expected and not in a good way. they picked favorites and the hours were awful for me. did not enjoy this job at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr. Greek. Our community is ready to answer.