Mr Rooter Plumbing

Canada36 reviews

Clear
2.9Pay & benefits

Not a place to learn

I overall enjoyed my time working for Mr Rooter but there are NEGATIVE parts about working here as an APPRENTICE who is willing to learn and work hard. Majority of the journeymen have the patience and are really willing to teach the apprentices who are there to learn and gain experience in the trade. But the management have the thoughts to rush you into your own truck, run you’re own calls even if you are not qualified to do so. This is NOT the place to learn.

benefits

Cons

Rushed into solo work, disorganized management

Highly demanding/rewarding Job

They pay the going rate, I gave 1 star to salary because if you are a first year or a second year that doesn't have a lot of service experience you will be doing excavations all the time, which is not worth the pay. they just got an excavator so now they dont even subcontract out the outdoor excavation, a plumbing apprentice has to do it, for a first year wage that's unbelievable in my opinion. the technician making the commission does not actually do the work, just sells the job and then the grunts do it. some of the guys make a small flat rate on those jobs, but not everyone which causes some serious problems. This place can be great for the right person, lots of money to be made, the service techs are for the most part a really good group of guys that are helpful towards each other, very friendly group. It sink r swim at this place.

Pros

Good Group of Plumbing Techs

Cons

Sink or Swim mentality

Insights into Mr Rooter Plumbing

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment

if we work with dedication , make bond with our customer and team member ,i think

I think salary just for fulfillment of basic needs ,but to meet with newer person gives good lesson , provide chance to meet and deal new culture .which make bond strength between customer and company.

Pros

lunch .

Cons

10 hours

Very hapily employed

As soon as I sat down with the new owner (who is at the office from 7-5:30 6 days a week) I was pretty sure I was taking the job. I'm treated very well and have about as much support from the office and management as you could ask for. I'm happy to be a part of the future with Mr. Rooter.

Pros

Management/office staff

Cons

Too many sweets in the office. Glad I have benefits

Good

This is a good place to work. A Family run company. Flexible and overall very good. Have been here 3 years. Techs are great to work with. The prople in the office are also just as great, overall all is good. Just wish it was closer to home.

Pros

Free Lunches, Hockey Game Tickets

Cons

Not close to home

No respect for family life

I would never want to not be paid to be on call ever again. Get ready leave at 2am and have the customer say no and receive no wages. Paid commission or hourly whatever suits the company and pays you less. All the franchise's are like this. They line their pockets with 500 dollar calls and you starve on the crumbs if you only get a call per day or less. Won't ever work for commission or crooked companies again. What a waste of years. If there was a negative stars for family life I'd apply it. Expect you to leave home in an instant whenever or wherever you are. Awful.

Pros

Cons

No life family or future

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mr Rooter Plumbing. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement