Mr Mikes Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC22 May 2018
I learnt a lot about working in customer service, this was an amazing first job and gave me many good skills moving forward in life. The management could definitely be better there was definite favouritism, and borderline negligence when staff members act out of line if they're a favourite. The hardest part of the job would most likely be dealing with unhappy customers who aren't satisfied with their experience, but that is easily dealt with by deligating to a superior who is better equipped to deal with the issue. I really enjoyed my co-workers it's like a family, and I still feel as though I'm part of the family when I go in to eat.
Pros
Half price food and free drinks while working
Cons
No guarantee on shifts or hours
My only issue is management
appetizer chef (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC20 May 2018
Working as an appetizer cook was fun and easy to pick up, and the work allowed me to pay my rent and put away money for a bit but management changed recently and im pretty sure the current kitchen manager doesnt like me as they avoid me and cut my shifts down from full time to once a week. the resturant itself isnt that bad but the fact that i can lose hours simply because management doesnt like me is a bit ridiculous
Pros
discounts on food, free fountain drinks
Cons
inconsistenr hours if management doesnt like you or see you as necesssary
Good job if your saving for college!
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC11 February 2016
A day at work is fun but as a waitress you get under minimum wage because it is a 'liquor establishment'. The government thinks we make a lot of money in tips and that is not always true. We are worth at least minimum wage. Fun workplace though, it helped me pay for a full year of college!. Management is good to customers but definitely plays favorites with the staff. Oh and if your pregnant they make you bar-tend and you don't have a choice. most enjoyable part of the day is the one family that comes if that really appreciates you and your hard work. hardest part is dinner rush hours. The cooks are usually under appreciated too. There is no employee area, just a very small hallway with one set of lockers. The staff bathroom is to be shared with EVERYONE (staff.males.females...) Too crowded! Overall it's a good job if you are saving for college but don't plan on it for a career job as they play favorites with little to no room for advancements. The boss does a good job of helping the waitresses with the machine (ordering food for customers machine) And they are very quick to help fix a problem.
Pros
free pop, leeway with uniform, dont have to have hair up!
Cons
No employee space, Shared employee bathrrom both male and female
good team familiar
Assistant head chef (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 October 2015
different cultures from different countries
working hard , collaboration,
good time spend in break and outing we sharing our food cook to gather know all cultures and cooking way from so many countries

celebrating all holidays with full respect
listen to each other in meetings solve our misunderstanding share knowledge ways methods and we try push people need help
as i was assistant i did lots of training for new comers plating cooking preparation same as i did they training me from the head kitchen pre opening
doing hard job with split shift to be available from morning tell evening handle all kitchen from opening to closing
did innovatory weekly and ordering the meats and vegetables and all dry stor 2 times per week
i was got people sharing and knowledge between service and the kitchen to get best service to guests without late and return back best feedback i learned that in intercontinental group the guests happy they make us happy
Pros
free lunch for management level, health care
Cons
minimum 40 hours per week, over tim pay
Review
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  edmonton8 June 2015
Hostessing has been my first restaurant industry position.
I enjoyed interacting with people and greeting each person. i find that hostessing is a good starting point although not very beneficial for someone older in need of a fulltime and reliable position.. management was alright could improve majorly.
Fun clean place to work.
Cook/supervisor (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB26 March 2013
A typical day included cooking, cleaning, and communication to ensure our line ran smoothly. I learned how to make many different items a well as how to do the food order. Management and co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was during the busy hours and making sure it ran smoothly. Most enjoyable part would of had to been during the staff parties.