MPS Property Services

MPS Property Services Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews

Professional, fair, equal opportunity culture.

I have worked for the company for many years . I left for a change of scenery and to take on a new and different role at another company. Despite being successful in my new endeavour I missed the people, my role at MPS and the structure that MPS had. Working at another company for a few years gave me a perspective that only reinforced my high opinion of MPS. Recently I decided it was time to return and continue my career at MPS. Upon returning I was thoroughly impressed with the improvements made in my absence. In a matter of days thanks to an excellent onboarding program I was up to speed and instantly part of the team again. With the rate of growth MPS has been sustaining I have not doubt that advancing in the company will only be limited by my own effects to do so.

Pros

Large secure safe company to work for. Benefits are great

Avoid MPS

They will push you to the brink of death on moderate to heavy snowfalls. It is extremely dangerous when employees are constantly doing over 24 hour shifts - but their inability to keep employees locks this system in place. I've seen countless occurrances of physical and mental injury here. A dangerous place to work. Also- you won't be able to live with their terrible stand by wages.Find a competitive company

Pros

Cons

Avoid MPS

16 December 2021
Thanks for your review. At MPS we take health and safety extremely seriously. We’re proud that we haven’t had a lost time injury in over 8 years! In regards to shift length, we schedule and route our equipment with an eye to keeping routes under 7 hours and shifts to 13 hours, with reasonable breaks in between. With large events and cleanups, these shifts can add up. I’d encourage you to speak with us directly to address any specific instances that you’re referring to.

Insights into MPS Property Services

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Best in GTA - Calculated and Progressive Firm

I have had the good fortune of working for many of the GTA's top tier firms over the last decade in a variety of roles from field staff up through executive management. I can say without a doubt MPS is one of if not the finest landscape and snow removal firms in the GTA. Successful candidates will harbour a steady work ethic, a willingness to learn and grow, a capacity for understanding complexities and the ability to adapt with changing circumstances on the fly. Unsuccessful candidates can largely be attributed to behavioural shortcomings: chronic lateness, an inability to demonstrate effort, unconcerned attention, and a poor attitude. MPS goes far beyond conventional standards to provide support for any and all roles they may offer - failure to hop on board a high achieving team is often the downfall for employees. We work hard, play hard and together we provide one of the highest standards of excellence unparalleled in the GTA.

Pros

Athletic Team, Professional Conduct, Rigorous Health and Safety, Opportunity to Grow, Challenges and Rewards

Cons

Poor attitudes bring us down collectively

Enjoyable, learning opportunities, growth, year round work

MPS has been a great landscaping company to work for compared to some other companies. The company will never push you to do anything you're uncomfortable doing, the safety standards are great with ample training and ppe if required, and most of the crew leads are a pleasure to work with on site. Since joining the company with practically no experience, I was able to learn and grow quite a bit. I was given the opportunity to operate various pieces of machinery in the yard and on site, never under pressure to do something I wasn't comfortable with. I learned valuable skills from Interlock to retaining walls to planting.Winter operations can get challenging as it's on call and most of the snow falls at night. Everyone has their own experience.

Pros

Year round work

Awful company

No organization, no rationalization, no concern for operators. Decision making by management makes absolutely no sense what so ever.

Pros

Cons

Long hours bad pay lousy management

9 February 2021
Hello. We’re sorry you didn’t have a good experience in your role. Winter can be chaotic at times, as we are often responding to inaccurate or rapidly changing forecasts, and different needs of our customers at different times in different locations. Not knowing these pressures, operators sometimes feel there is “disorganization”-its part of the business. We do, however, put a great deal of time and effort into making sure our team is well trained, well compensated and as well-informed and safe as possible. This is reflected in the fact that many operators return year after year. Good luck in your future endeavours!

Horrible hours and hillarious standby

This company is a joke. I earned $3000 in three months working for mps. They paid 500 standby a month!!! I ended up running out of there as quick as quick as possible to find s real job as I could not keep up with the cost of living with those kind of skinny wages. I found a honest company that pays 375 a week standby plus the hours you worked at 28/hrs. I earned $4000 the first month.I would stay away from MPS at all cost or else it will cost you!! Be warned!! Staw away.

Pros

Got the job easily

Cons

Pay and management

8 January 2021
Thanks for your review. At MPS we try to be extremely transparent during our hiring and onboarding processes. Our compensation packages are very clear, both in verbal communications and the written employee contract which all employees sign before starting. When you joined our team, you had this information, so it should not have been a surprise. We try to pay competitive wages, as well as provide other benefits such as new, well maintained trucks and equipment. Some companies may pay more than us, and many pay substantially less. This is often dictated by the types of contracts agreed upon with the client, and their requirements for service. We encourage every potential employee to weigh all of their options to determine if there is a fit here before joining. We’re sorry things didn’t work out at MPS, and wish you luck in your new job.

Awesome place to work!

I was excited to start my new position and career here at MPS, to learn and to grow my skill set. It was great to come into a company that is open about their goals and targets as well as a high level of professionalism. Everyone in the company has been very approachable and has made it an easy transition. I couldn’t ask for a better place to work!

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow, great team environment!

Friendly Staff and Fun Workplace

Great place to work. Everyone was welcoming and friendly from the beginning. You feel like a part of the family immediately after joining. One of the best features is not being micro-managed. You are given a task and are left to complete it. If you need help, someone will be there to help.

Workers are ok and the work is good I get to be out side

The company is ok but a little on the cheep side when it comes to salary the employees are ok and easy to get along with but I think to many boss and not enough employees

terrible

no work life balance. sexist employers the employers will do their best to intimidate you into quitting was not paid fairly I would never work for this company again

biased management

management is unnaproachable once you mention an issue that directly concerns the HR staff. if you try to deal with a problem they push you away and pretend as if they never needed you in the first place

Disorganized

Cannot keep to a schedule and now is run by people who have no idea of what the job consists of from my job perspective also if you don't know how to wheel and deal with management you don't advance

Fun place to work! Hours can get a bit long

Management is going through some changes, but overall, a good place to work. Employees were always nice and the environment is suitable. Benefits included.

great outstanding company to work with benefits with dental included

loved working with a winter maintenance type of company. The long hours, the coffee breaks, and the overall mood of coworkers turned friends environment.

Nice people

I worked briefly as a skid steer operator doing snowplowing and I enjoyed the opportunity. It is a significant matter to find your managers and supervisors are very nice and friendly because it makes your working environment quite a lot better! I would highly recommend anybody newly trained as a heavy equipment operator to consider working for MPS if they finish the course during the off-season or near the start of winter and find that the job opportunities have thinned out at this time. My supervisor was quite easy-going so that made my first heavy equipment position a good experience.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Seasonal work

Most do not last 30 days

a terrible place to work, not safety oriented. uneducated managers who will harass you. cheap owners refuse to buy proper equipment for the jobs. no training for truck operators or machine operators.

Pros

Cons

managers/hours/dangerous

snow removal

Great job to learn and respect a good work ethic. I enjoyed working winters with this group and would have considered it for future jobs.

Amazing expierence

Taught me a lot of hands on techniques and skills that i can now take anywhere else

Pros

great people

Cons

pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MPS Property Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement