MPA Society

MPA Society Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews

Very supportive colleagues

The Recreational Therapist at Fir Location Rocks! This organization has shaped my career when I started out. I am thankful. Very supportive environment.

Pros

Awesome colleagues

Cons

Good place to get your foot in the door

They promote from withing so good place to get your foot in the door. They are from Vancouver to Abbotsford so a variety of places to work. Some work from home options but mostly community based.

Insights into MPA Society

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Very supportive and conducive to learning

There were so many opportunities to attend webinars and trainings. I had regular supervision meetings with the team lead to go through my caseload in case I needed guidance or support yet I was also given a lot of independence and trust to make my own decisions about how I worked with clients. I also feel that they pay fairly.

Great workplace w/ great people

My experience with MPA has been nothing but great. The job can get stressful at times but you are so supported by management and other coworkers that it is fine.

fulfilling and fun place to work

MPA Society is an award-winning non-profit service agency that has supported people living with mental illness for 50 years. Created on the principle of self-empowerment, our programs promote the dignity and well-being of people with mental illness by inspiring hope and supporting their recovery.MPA Society operates over 30 social, vocational, recreational, advocacy and housing programs that support people in their own communities. We offer a dynamic working environment, competitive wages and benefits, and an opportunity to grow professionally with the organization.

Good work environment

Love working in this company management are great. Never have any problem. Staff are friendly, work are great. Building in abbotsford site is beautiful.

Pros

Relax, free parking

Cons

No free food

Alright place to work - horribly organized, stuck in past

They still feed the residents using the pyramid food method which is not the prevailing dietary standard of today. The adminstration and documents were archaic and unorganized. They were in binders stuffed to the brim with records, etc. per person. I would imagine it could be much easier to do online - as many of the other sectors were transferring over. When I had my first annual review, the superiors brought up a few things that had happened a very long time ago which I found to be very disorienting. There was no indication the whole time I had done anything wrong - and the information was relayed to them incorrectly in the first place. I really don't like that they had this idea of me as a worker for months without telling me and letting me defend myself. 12 hour shifts are nice. They go by surprisingly quickly.

Pros

free lunches, work four days a week

Cons

no communication, miscommunication, poor training

Very racist

The only racist company I have ever worked for. Yes they hire people of color but they do not make you feel comfortable and if you are under probation be very careful, one report from someone and they fire you especially if you are of color. Avoid at all costs.

Best company

I couldn't ask for more l. This company build my confidence and shape my personality. They will help you if you need support and it's a no pressure kind of work .

Supportive

Best employer I have ever had. Outreach and housing is my area. The hardest part of the jobs is walking along side people when they are going through difficult situations.

Great organization

MPA is a excellent organization that follows its mission. As a mental health worker there I feel respected not only as a employee but also as a person. I absolutely love my job there.

Pros

Staff, managers, directors

Cons

Bed bugs

Good Company

MPA is a good company to work for and the kitchen staff are all friendly and fun to be around. There needs to be some improvements made outside of the kitchen with management and understanding that it is not a big facility but stil needs a few more staff for cleanliness purposes. It would also be nice if there were better lines of communication between BC Housing and Fraser Health so things that need to be done, get done.

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Management could be better outside of kitchen

Productive and inclusive environment

Treated patients as equals and had an individualistic approach to the needs of each patient. Very enjoyable place to work.

Amazing follow through

I am honoured to work for such an amazing organization that cares so much about their clients. They really follow their mission statement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MPA Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement