MPA Society

MPA Society Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
They still feed the residents using the pyramid food method which is not the prevailing dietary standard of today.

The adminstration and documents were archaic and unorganized. They were in binders stuffed to the brim with records, etc. per person. I would imagine it could be much easier to do online - as many of the other sectors were transferring over.

When I had my first annual review, the superiors brought up a few things that had happened a very long time ago which I found to be very disorienting. There was no indication the whole time I had done anything wrong - and the information was relayed to them incorrectly in the first place. I really don't like that they had this idea of me as a worker for months without telling me and letting me defend myself.

12 hour shifts are nice. They go by surprisingly quickly.
Pros
free lunches, work four days a week
Cons
no communication, miscommunication, poor training
The only racist company I have ever worked for. Yes they hire people of color but they do not make you feel comfortable and if you are under probation be very careful, one report from someone and they fire you especially if you are of color. Avoid at all costs.
I couldn't ask for more l. This company build my confidence and shape my personality. They will help you if you need support and it's a no pressure kind of work .
Best employer I have ever had. Outreach and housing is my area. The hardest part of the jobs is walking along side people when they are going through difficult situations.
MPA is a excellent organization that follows its mission. As a mental health worker there I feel respected not only as a employee but also as a person. I absolutely love my job there.
Pros
Staff, managers, directors
Cons
Bed bugs
MPA is a good company to work for and the kitchen staff are all friendly and fun to be around. There needs to be some improvements made outside of the kitchen with management and understanding that it is not a big facility but stil needs a few more staff for cleanliness purposes. It would also be nice if there were better lines of communication between BC Housing and Fraser Health so things that need to be done, get done.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Management could be better outside of kitchen
Treated patients as equals and had an individualistic approach to the needs of each patient. Very enjoyable place to work.
I am honoured to work for such an amazing organization that cares so much about their clients. They really follow their mission statement.