Moxie's Employee Review

Worst management Ive ever been under
Server (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 December 2013
Horrible. I worked there for over a year and can't remember the last time I was given honest encouragement and felt appreciated. If your guests treat you like garbage, they offer them a gift card and apologize for their bad experience.. And don't even think they will add auto gratuity to your parties 8+. Even though results would be incredible for the server, it isn't benefitting them at all so they won't allow it. If you don't bat your eye lashes at the managers they don't give two damns about you and treat you like you're replaceable. They've had hostesses working there for over two years that deserve to be moved up to server when they are looking to hire but instead they hire servers without any restaurant experience and keep those hostesses right where they are. It never appeared to me at all like they have their staffs best interest in mind. If you work a double shift equalling over 8 hours you are entitled to a half hour lunch break and two fifteen minute breaks.. Do you think they care if you work all the way through without eating? You're sadly mistaken if you do. I would not recommend anyone to work here it is a stressful and absolutely rediculous place to be employed.
Pros
Cons

Other Moxie's Employee Reviews

Awful management
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
Management was awful and disrespectful, treatment bordered on harassment. Learned important service skills though, and a lot of restaurants are like this.
Poor management and lack of advancement
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 December 2017
-management does not like to advance hosts to servers
-host position is like the backbone of the front of the restaurant and sometimes the managers took advantage of the host
ie/ had to scrub the bar floor on my hands and knees
-enjoyable staff
-management was flexible with working hours and booking time off
-discount on food is a perk
Pros
discount on food
Cons
excessive cleaning duties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moxie's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9