Moxie's Employee Reviews

Very intense work environment where you can learn a lot
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 June 2018
I found management was very tough on their employees. However, the employees grew to become very valuable assets to the company. The employees themselves were splendid people to be around. Overall, it's an interesting place to work.
poor managment
Senior Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC6 June 2018
team was great but managment was unsuportive and expected perfection with no suport. they need to clean house of upper managment and hire new leadership. Very very poor management.
Pros
team is great
Cons
managment sucks
Horrible!
Server (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 June 2018
Horrible place to work! Management is horrible and disorganized and the fact that they make girls wear heels to serve is ridiculous and totally unfair.
Garbage Management
Dishwasher/Cook (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 April 2018
worked there for one day and some fool on the other side of the kitchen knocks some plastic tubs over and the Psycho manager screams at me for them falling and not being in a Safer spot...i didnt put them there, they were there when i started my shift...i quit on the spot.
Cons
Psycho Management.
Poor management and lack of advancement
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON3 December 2017
-management does not like to advance hosts to servers
-host position is like the backbone of the front of the restaurant and sometimes the managers took advantage of the host
ie/ had to scrub the bar floor on my hands and knees
-enjoyable staff
-management was flexible with working hours and booking time off
-discount on food is a perk
Pros
discount on food
Cons
excessive cleaning duties
Great place great food
Server (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 August 2017
i loved working here the entire tam was like family and no matter what we always pushed through hard times and got together to celebrate. working here made me feel like part o something
An awesome place to work!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 July 2017
Having spent 20 years in the F&B industry from independent Small scale restaurants, to Large resort properties, I have never worked with a better system or team. Moxie's definitely has a caring and supportive atmosphere, for all employees from managers to line level.

Any company is only as good as its people (staff) and Moxie's in the Atlantic region has some amazing staff that have been with the franchise for years, which speaks to the above accolades to retain such great people.
Pros
good work life balance
A fun and busy place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 July 2017
Being a part time server while in school this was an amazing place to work. It was always steady with very few slow days, which means no matter what day or shift you get, you will be able to make good tips. the staff and managers were all friendly and helpful.
Pros
Very steady place to work part time
no good
sous chef (Former Employee) –  square one17 July 2017
if you enjoy not having a life then this place is for you! wanna work 15 hours 5 days a week? wanna embrace a fake culture ? targets are un real management would rather sit in meetings for hours and talk about solutions with no action
Pros
nice people, staff are well taken care off
Cons
long hours, un real targets, dont manage
Unprofessional and Unorganized.
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2017
I was super stoked to work here, the staff that works along side you are amazing, loving, helpful people! However, management is very unclear for their expectations of you, makes promises they can not keep and seem to share a different vision than what they tell you. All in all moxies management is very unprofessional. I was very disappointed with how working there turned out.
Poor lesdership in kitchen
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC5 January 2017
Thirty years cooking been right across this country I've ran big pubs restraunt chains and camps never seen such a idiot kitchen manager in my life. Thx Brian promising me job telling me I'm hired then not .I'll should of noned better in the first 5 min working at this moxies in prince gearge is very dirty and no food safe practices in place.I've will be contacting ur head office thx again BrianKralun ur far from being a leader
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
Most enjoyable part of the job was the quests that i got to meet while working there.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 December 2016
I love the craziness of the restaurant. It was a fun upbeat place with high turnovers. I had great staff to work with. Ive learned a lot of life lessons an appreciative of all the responsibilities given to me. lively working environment with constant hotel clients which made it difficult at times cause there may be language barriers.
Pros
I had alot of seniority which gave me more opportunities
Cons
Management could of been better.
Horrible place to work at
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2016
I honestly would not recommend this place if you are looking for a job. The kitchen is filthy. They are way more concerned with hitting their numbers than keeping the kitchen clean. Training is very poor. Can't keep staff. If you are salary manager you are working 10-12 hour days. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Look for a job somewhere else.
I used to like eating at Moxie's but after working there for a couple of weeks I will never eat at Moxie's again. Filthy, dirty kitchens.
Pros
Cons
Filthy kitchens that smell like dirty rancid oil.
worst place to work at
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 October 2016
two teenage supervisors who have a huge attitude problem do not know how to speak to people chef is a two face force you to work 12-14 hours a day everyday can I find people to work there 3 people quitting in one week would not recommend working at moxies newmarket Ontario yeah he's a good example of management first paycheck you get uniform supposed to be deducted did not happen agreement was made $14 an hour first two weeks was okay second two weeks was $14 50 hrs that was good for me after a 12-hour shift I did not bake cookies I was fired
Pros
do not see any pros
Cons
one of the worst places to work at
Typical restaurant atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC9 March 2016
Very good food, chef and staff very dedicated to quality of food and service.
Enjoyable, fast paced environment, but very little pay. Good training process.
productive and fun enviorment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON1 March 2016
great people to work with, awesome bosses, great enviorment
always something to keep busy from cooking, prep, cleaning, helping others.
best part is the staff awesome people to work with and for.
Cons
not enough hours
Good place to learn and develop interests in cooking
PREPERATION & LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2016
Moxie's menu is simple and straight forward, they feature the seasons and are consistent with their dishes. The crew is great to work with and they will treat you respect, if you respond in kind. I learn many things from Moxie's and developed my interest in cooking and learned many different techniques that are useful to me to this day. I enjoyed working at Moxie's mainly because of the crew, management and the easy to learn menus.
Pros
Great staff, Good food.
Cons
Demanding work for those who don't love it
Hostess, Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 May 2015
Great Team Working Together
Fast Position Advancement
Management Team Is Great Responds well to professional needs
Fast paced Job
cool place
night Supervisor (Former Employee) –  calgary ab28 February 2015
Cool place to work at. not enough money. Now I am looking for a career to keep me busy, ad well as help me discover a new me or new talents. which i can pursue.
Pros
cool palce
Cons
not enough money
Fun but not practical
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 May 2014
Moxies was great, fast paced and friendly! The only problem i had was the shoes! They were terrible gave you cuts and blisters and you got no sympathy from management regardless how long you had been working.
Pros
classy
Cons
high heels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moxie's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7