Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews

While I was there it was a great place to work. I made friends with my coworkers easily and I had good relationships with management. Managers are generally understanding about balancing work and life
Great environment, with lovely people. stressful at times and annoying management but worth it for me. walked out with great experiences/friends and money in my pocket. good place to work while in school or first job.
Some employee are not cooperative and rude if you are new there I was fired without any reason just because I was below the provisionary period after the busy days during Christmas .
I thouroughly enjoyed working at Moxie's. Although the staff was clique-y and you were given ridiculous shifts and hours I think I would work there again.
Working at Moxie's Grill & Bar was very time consuming. Understaffed, given equipment is unsatisfactory in terms of use, unprofessional management and staff.
Fast-pace work place Learned how to communicate with people Loved working with my co-workers it was a family atmosphere Learned how to deal with different situation on the fly Warm and inviting place Hardest part is memorizing the menu
Not worth the headache, they want you to travel between 2 locations, no security, tipouts are horrible, and new management every six months. And they don't allow requested days off.
Worked their finished dishes faster than the cooks. Dishwasher was old and had problems. Bosses always tried to not speak english even aorund customers. The Christmas party was at a Bar on southside at 12 am. Cooks were the only friendly people in the kitchen. Rude bosses looked at each other like they are specail more than the customers.
Working at Moxies Vaughn is great. I have worked at several restaurants and Moxies Vaughn has the best management and employees. They truly make coming into work enjoyable. I would just suggest Moxies as a corporation pay their employees until they cash out because currently when you are cut they only pay you 30 min after that time. Which most often than not employees are working past that 30 min.
great place to sharpen your culinary skills in a professional kitchen, with many advancement opportunities. as well as staff perks such as staff parties and competition (black box competition)
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Moxie's Grill & Bar?
Fun staff and can make money and meet people. Management needs work since there is favouritism in the workplace and a lot of butt kissing. Very fast-paced so need to know what you are doing.
Pros
chill staff
Cons
no breaks/ favouritism
I gave this place everything, and it was never enough. From the heels, to the “full face of makeup,” to the hair down even when sweat is dripping down your face... it’s not server friendly. Tipping out 5% of sales, which supervisors get a cut of and minimum wage paid hosts do not. Hiring a pig of a head chef who makes innapropriate comments to all the girls. Sending a “miracle fixer” foh manager who confused everything and half the staff quit. Way to go Moxie’s, your brand standards are ridiculous
The staff here is absolutely amazing. Would recommend to anyone wanting to join a fun hard working family. Management can be unorganized though and guests can be annoying since it is in brampton
A great community of staff that treats eachother like a family, a fast-paced environment to keep you busy and plenty of opportunities for growth within the company.
Consistently inconsistent. Chefs don't provide helpful constructive criticism or advice on how to work better or be more efficient. They DO NOT TEACH. Horrible communication. None of the management are very supportive, they just scream at you when you make them look bad. Front of house employees constantly get incentives to do their job better, playing games and winning cash/ gift cards. Back of house almost never.
I loved my job here. I was only with them for a short while, but the management really cared about their employees and it showed in their action every day... I would highly recommend this company.
came into work punched in took orders served food cleaned and resset tables took payments. Learned about the moxie menu different type of food and drinks.
absolutely horrendous. only good thing is the tips. management is terrible. long hours. they say to talk to them if you have any issues or concerns but truly they don't care.
We made the best quality food. Very fast paced work place with hygienic preparation of food. We valued every customer. We take special care for seniors and people with special needs.
Great place to work, decent staff, flexible hours. Depends if you like working for a restaurant chain or not. I prefer to create my own menu. De lining guests was becoming an issue, loss of hours
Its a fast paced work environment and there's never a dull moment. I enjoyed working here and would recommend it to someone as a good place to start a new serving position.