Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews

While I was there it was a great place to work. I made friends with my coworkers easily and I had good relationships with management. Managers are generally understanding about balancing work and life
poor management at the location i was at. I was told i would get a certain amount of hours and never did get them. often was called before my shift started to not come in, or i would go in and get cut early. i wanted to move up from a host and begin serving and no one acted on it after waiting weeks, so i quit.
Although majority of the staff were nice, expect to be over worked as a support staff and have little to no one helping you, the servers chill and talk in the back while you, the well dressed custodian clean up their messes.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours (just book off a month in advance)
Cons
You are technically a custodian, not worth the pay, support staff are treated like slaves. If you’re anything but a server you’re wasting your time, would be better quite frankly to be unemployed, unless you like excessive cleaning and labor in dress pants or a squirt then have fun!
I loved working there and I got loads of appreciation and I enjoyed a lot. moreover I learnt many new things from my team mates and great environment
Moxies is a fun to work in, together with other crew members. The food is delicious. Moxies has a big team, and experienced chefs, we worked as a team. very fast speed in prep cooking, culinary cooking, and line cooking.
I appreciate the opportunity I was given to work at Moxie's the people were nice and they were really good with my schedule. I am a full time student so i dont usually have much time to work but they put me on good consistent shifts. The pass was fast for the most part. It was occasionally a bit unorganized because of scheduling changes but over all a good experience.
Moxies is one of the go to spots in Red Deer. You are guaranteed great food and service with a touch of class! It makes for a great destination any time of the day.
I enjoyed working at Moxie's it taught me the basics of being a hostess, I did find the management not all that flexible or easy to work with, and there was a clear power-inbalance between the hosts and servers. But it could've improved since I've left, I haven't been back since.
Moxies was a great place to work and eat, always fun and busy. I really enjoyed working at moxies when i did. thank you moxies !! see you next year...!
Very fast-paced job greeting and serving customers. Often short staffed or given short notice to work. Management weren’t very personable and often didn’t get breaks. Co-workers were good team players making sure customers were happy with food and service.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Moxie's Grill & Bar?
Not a busy location, and quite corperate, but a good serving job in general/ Met lots of friends and created great guest experiences. not to bad at all
not comment i don't have anything to say about what happened for me to moxies but honestly i don't wish to go back there they don't have respect for employees
i missed some over time hours as a result of there time out schedule....the managers all went home. They signed us out before we were done. Then we had to physically sign out, trusting the managers would put down the right time. Twice i got them. The first time was with the owners son. I just about quit then. Then the managers did it again in august. I didnt do nothing that time...then they held my tips..that was it....closing dishwasher since august 19 2016 moxies campbell river
Company only cares about the status of their upper management. Horrible mentorship program. Empty promises. Horrible work environment. Regional directors talks about everyone behind their back. CEO is completely unaware or how restaurants work. Stay away.
I liked working there mainly because of the good food and good people working there. Getting to and from work was not a big deal, just one bus ride. The real issue working there was the battle for hours as they depended on sales during lunch/revenue.
General entry-level restaurant hosting job with no specifics of individuality, too fancy for what they actually were with managers working more than what was required of them.
Best ever grills and bars i have ever seen i will recommend you guys to have visit there. They serve the best food and bottles in the canada . East or west moxies is the best.
Fast paced, but worked with a great crew which makes it more enjoyable. Shifts were scheduled two weeks in advance, flexible schedule, great management.
Often you come into work and there is a lot of negativity. Talking to most management is hard and they are not very approachable. It is a hard place to learn and grow. You can put a lot of work in and it will go unappreciated. The employees wellbeing and support often seems to be low priority for most of the managers.
if applying for kitchen staff they start you out as a dish washer, you have to work very fast because its a popular place to eat and go for drinks, if you make sure you have a good system, you will do very well for yourself
working at Moxies was very fun and has definitely opened a lot of new doors for me. It teaches you to adapt to all sorts of situations, and is great if you like working in a fast paced environment. Although every Moxies has a different manager, the managers/supervisors at the Victoria location are amazing people.