Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews

While I was there it was a great place to work. I made friends with my coworkers easily and I had good relationships with management. Managers are generally understanding about balancing work and life
For a new store with many long time employees of the company, it was not well organized to begin training. There was alot of underqualified people hired initially and they were weeded out quickly.
the only reason i left this job was to be closer with my family. otherwise i would never have left, the people are amazing and so is the environment. i would strongly recommend this job to any cook.
working at moxies could have been better not alot of hours and not paid very well for being a cook. and with the job i found that it was over staffed and that there was not alot of room on the line.
Friendly staff and proactive management. Minimal support staff but high tip out. Bills get high fast so tips add up quickly. Room service also helps to supplement tips.
I didn’t enjoy how little of hours I got but loved my work team loved management and my boss was so nice and easy to approach. Always recommend. Definitely a good learning experience as well
Terrible terrible management to the point of harassment. Constant belittlement of staff and illicit activity behind the scenes. Owner/GM is a wrecking ball in his own establishment.
Always closed because of personal time constraints so a typical day would consist of coming in in the evening, getting through the rush and then closing my end, restocking, cleaning up, and heading home. I learned how to work hard and how to build friendly professional relationships with coworkers. The management is filled with hardworking empathetic people. They understand how to delagate and they know how to give constructive criticism in a way that helps employees improve without discouraging them. The workplace culture was relaxed and fast paced. We had a family meal every Friday which was always appreciated by everyone. Management, front end,and back end staff all got along mostly well with each other. Professionalism always coming before personal grief between employees meant that any problems would be handled with maturity and the workplace would not be affected. the hardest part of the job was staying super late during a rush for a game or large party. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people who I consider to be some of my closest friends.
Pros
Free Friday meal
Cons
Staying late
learn people skills, communication skills, time management skills, how to prioritize certain tasks. also became close friends with many of my co workers and I love that!
This was a great job! Allows you to be social and feel good about the way you look. Clients were always very respectful as senior staff took uncomfortablility very seriously.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Moxie's Grill & Bar?
A very healthy place to work. All the people there are very nice to you on the first day making you feel like you belong there. It's a great opportunity to learn about customer service but also at the same time to interact with both customers and fellow employees. I would definitely recommend.
Good organisation with plenty of scope for personal growth. Culinary senior management is very encouraging and supportive. Its was a great experience with moxies.
There's no organization. Waiters and line cooks just throw whatever needs to be washed on the table. That and the dish station was small and inefficient. The station fills up rather quick. There's banquets which means at 11pm two carts full of material needs to cleaned all while the kitchen and servers close down their stations bringing more to clean and just tossing it wherever they feel like. Severs were decent people but some were lazy individuals and made rude comments about customers when not around them. Usually the managers are friends with the servers so they let them go home early while leaving 10 bags of garbage in the middle of the doorway, leaving it to dish to take care off. Overall this place is run by people who don't know how to run a restaurant. The pay is low, work load can be terrible, hours are inconsistent but you can listen to music which was the highlight of my experience.
Very easy to get along with the team members. Once you mastered one cooking area, they would challenge you in a different area. They will work along side you during stressful times.
The work environment is extremely toxic, and the management is manipulative and obsessed with money. and it is especially frustrating to be there as a member of the LGBT community.
moxie's is a fast pace environment. i learned how to work all of line and prep. the management are a bit unorganized. the team works together well. the most enjoyable part of working at moxie's is the team
Good place to work. Modern kitchen in a hotel with banquets and Events. Breakfast. Lunch. Dinner + Lounge. Management was ok. Staff was very nice and helpful.
i would work 10 hours with no breaks. The kitchen tip out is so high i barely took anything home for tips (but don't let that discourage you i'm a male so like we make way less in tips). not really recommended if your a male but if you have an outgoing and bubbly personality then sure go for it. its a nice place but it also depends on location. Ideally if your going to work at a moxies it should be in an area with a little more of a disposable income.
Super easy job as a server but they expect a lot out of you. You always have to have your makeup done, cant have your hair up, have to buy a certain heel, are forced to buy the uniform aprons and shirt. Tips most nights were below average money wise because of the high tip out and always having a high number of staff on. Was let go right before my probation ended for no reason. Basically was hired for xmas and then terminated. I was told by other girls Moxies has high turnover in staff (Barely anyone left from the summer) and now I know why, once busy season ends they terminate everyone.
make sure everything was done on time i learned to be on a team and do prep and dishwasher work very good be a team player and get work done getting stuff done on time working with everyone
Had the opportunity of being a Bar Manager at Moxies Bar and Grill. Learned a lot about new ways to put in inventory into systems as the system I used at my previous job was not the same which is a good thing as I learned new things. Making sure the job was always clean and organized and customers are well attended to was my main priority. Making sure we were always sucked on liquor was a part of my and ordering more alcohol as well. Making sure that the food was getting out on time was a major job description too.