Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews

While I was there it was a great place to work. I made friends with my coworkers easily and I had good relationships with management. Managers are generally understanding about balancing work and life
While this is more of an upscale restaurant, the people working here did not reflect that as much. It was quite difficult working here all the time but it paid the bills.
Long hours of standing very fast paced inviorment, work as team relying on other stations to have success for the lunch and dinner service, multitasking, taking care of severe allergies
Loved working at Moxies and being in the hospitality and customer service industry really allowed me to further my leadership skills and translate that into creating long lasting relationships with guest. I feel, every serving job, lends the opportunity to learn and grow as a leader and open door for future opportunities both inside and outside the business.
was a fantastic work environment, fantastic food, would go again and again, the work days are faced paced but excellent tring, easy to learn how to do what is needed
I was told I was going to be a line cook but on my first day they told me I would be washing dishes for at least a year before they would consider putting me on the line. they look down at the dish washers and treat them terrible.
Moxie’s has great training. Everyone helps run food. Great teamwork. Incentives for up selling. Beautiful establishment. Schedule is flexible and restaurant is always busy.
Pros
Busy restaurant and money is good
Cons
Guys have to wear jeans on the patio in the summer.
Moxies provided an upbeat environment as well as a great learning experience for a first job. Working at moxies ive gained some customer service experience as well as keeping up in a fast paced work space all while balancing fun and work.
I would highly recommend working there especially for there great cooking tips and awesome food. If you want to be a chef then you have joined the best.
The most important thing to me in a job is great environment, understanding and great work ethic. Clear instructions and team work. Which is help to grow professional growth that all got from my job in Moxies.
You can start your way from the dinning room and make your way to work at the lounge. Many loyal guest and great opportunity to make good tips. Enjoyed my time here.
thorough training and competitive skill enhancing opportunities flexible shifts and work to life balance great networking and career enhancing opportunities
Good experience Would recommend to students and for part time work if needed. Good team. Supports good work life balance when in school. Management is okay just like other restraunts
I learned so much about problem solving, customer service and working as a team. The management is awesome and easy to work with. Working hard will be recognized. The culture is up beat and cohesive with a very low turnover rate. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with a fun group and meeting lots of new people.
Not a great place for young people if looking to move into a serving position. But Moxie's very professionally and a great place to learn skills as a host.
Moxie's is a great location to develop your skills within the restaurant industry and meet great people while you do it. I worked at the Abbotsford location for 5 years and I learned so much about the in's and out's of a commercial restaurant
You'll work with anyone from high school students to experienced workers, the management varies between location but really makes or breaks the experience of working at Moxies. Corporate locations are great usually with management because of union and other factors.
Moxies was an enjoyable business to work for. They gave me a chance with not much experience in the restaurant industry and trained me up to be a confident dining room server.
your feet will bleed... just be prepared. tips at this location are not great. cooks were extremely cool. :) :) :) management changed all the time cause they were not the best at their jobs
Only good part about working here was the friends I made, besides that, management is adult bullies. Customers are creepy and management will never do anything about it because their all like that too. You’re better off anywhere else.
Started this job about a month ago and I was just recently laid off from dishwasher due to the management stating that my effort and organization still wasn't there from when I started despite the fact that I literally wash all the dishes I get on time but I constantly have to stay back to wash all the extra dishes that the line and prep cooks keep bringing past my scheduled time. The next dishwasher for night literally will not come for another 2 hours after I'm done which means more dishes will come in and there's nobody to replace me and I cant go on breaks, They'll tell u to clean everything for the next dish person and when u stay back to wash the extra dishes that takes the line Cooks forever to bring you'll get blamed for not washing dishes that haven't arrived yet. Overall the management needs better leadership and an organized system for the dishwashers