Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews

I came into the job with rough skills when it comes to cooking only having experience from high school classes. Them giving me a chance to work a day along side with someone to see if I had potential. Then they hired me and taught how to handle many things like knives and deli slicers in a quick and safe way
Pros
They will give free meals if you cover for someone.
Cons
Busy environment if you're not used to it
I was a dishwasher at Moxies and it seemed like a good place at first!! but then i got laid off for bad sales...its been a month and i still dont have my first paycheck. i was lead on and told that i would have more shifts within the coming weeks of work, and since this was my first job, i was very happy about this! but then three weeks past and i had no shifts. I called the manager and told i was laid off because of "bad sales" and that my pay would be in later that day. As of typing this i have nothing in my account and have been told it will be in on the 14th of this month. this is the worst place i have ever worked at..and it was the first.
Cons
no pay, barly any hours, leading you on, bad food
I have the privilege to go to work here. The people that I get to work with I can now consider all friends. the business is run as a family. I typically work 4 hours shifts depending on how busy the restaurant is. the managers and co-workers are all extremely friendly and always make sure to check in on you're well being inside and outside the workplace. the hardest job is here their arent that many people working and you re managing all of the jobs on your own such as bussing tables while keeping up with people at the door. it truly teaches you how to work fast.
Pros
staff
Cons
dinner rush
in my particular moxies we had alot of negative and unprofessional people. gossip on things that have nothing to do with work would quickly spread creating a toxic environment for everyone around them. management was great for the most part and were always willing to listen to their employees.
The managers really care about their staff and do what they can to make sure everyone is happy in their job. No free meals, but you get 50% off one meal per shift. Room service is terrible to do but can be a chance to make some good money. The food is amazing and it gets quite busy in the evening.
Pros
Always shifts to pick up, Managers care about their staff, Great food
Cons
Long hours, room service trips are draining
Sample Supports offers employment opportunities and recreational activities to people with developmental disabilities. It s a fast paced work environment and there's never a dull moment.
One of the most well managed stores I've ever worked at. Enjoyed all my co-workers. Good money (if you factor in the tips). Lots of running around, so it requires you to be in decent shape.
Employer of choice. Great company with good values. Emphasized quality hospitality for our guests and our employees. Entertaining busy atmosphere, that made work seem easy as the time seem to fly by. Hardest part of the Job was often leaving when your shift was over due to the atmosphere, staff and steadiness of this location. The most enjoyable part was the all of the staff, managers, and guests. Interacting with these people made work fun.
Pros
Busy Restaurant, lots of fun
Cons
Yea dont know what to say it was your usual cut throat kitchen BS there was the odd few that were cool people, but overall the place wasn't anything special
Moxies was alright, their food as great! But management was very unprofessional. The managers have conflict of intrest problems, getting involved with staff members and there is a whole lot of drama. Theres a standard for how you look to work there and a standard for how and what you sell. Overall i stressed going into work because it was like another course for me to pass, not my job. I enjoyed the staff they made it ok.
Enjoyed working in a fun easy going work environment. Great for people who enjoy the customer service industry. Management was great, and understanding with the schedule.
starter job was getting into the business, was able to learn basic serving responsibilities. Location was in a bad neighborhood cops were constantly here to break up fights. I left because of a shooting at the location. Manager could of taken steps to avoid this type of crowd and didnt
Pros
fast pace
Cons
poor manager
Management is nice and usually abides by your availability when scheduling. The people are great to work with, it's really the customers you have to worry about.
Pros
great work/life balance, fun people
Great mix when I was younger and learning the ways, although being a good bartender, I took the quick experience to become a Bar Manager and open up 4 locations doing all training, lists, inventory, and of course colleagues friendship..
Between doing the work of 3 people being laughed at when I would have a 28 item work list and pretty much staying most days 7am to 9 pm cuz they would make you feel guilty that the work wasn't done .... Cuz they have no one ...also then being told your gonna do more jobs cuz we can't afford to have anyone here ... Pathetic place
Pros
Was leaving
Cons
Was getting hired here
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Management is a complete joke. I worked at multiple locations and it was the same awful experience.
dinner service can be stressful while having to meet customer demands with a sense of urgency management and coworkers can cliquey at time pay was low how ever tips were usually good
Very welcoming, good training in the foodservice industry. Management showed favouritism but did treat most staff equally. the hardest part of the job was learning to handle large tables.
Good management. Stores all very for hours and pay but for the most part decent pay and consistent hours. Great work culture. all the servers and kitchen staff were a big family
Pros
free food
Cons
Moxie's has great employee's that due for awesome coworkers but the tip out is stupid high and unfair. it was a great environment but I wasn't bringing as much home as I thought I would be in such an established building.
a typical day of work consists of working hard with a great manaqgement staff and great co workers . the workplace is already brand new and i love the way it is set up