Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews

I came into the job with rough skills when it comes to cooking only having experience from high school classes. Them giving me a chance to work a day along side with someone to see if I had potential. Then they hired me and taught how to handle many things like knives and deli slicers in a quick and safe way
Pros
They will give free meals if you cover for someone.
Cons
Busy environment if you're not used to it
Its a fast paced work environment and there's never a dull moment. I enjoyed working here and would recommend it to someone as a good place to start a new serving position.
Fun workplace. Staff is like a big family. You can move up in positions quickly from dishwasher/busser/hostess to server/bartender/cook to management level.
Pros
discounted/free lunches
Best staff, and leadership at any place I've ever worked! Greatnfood, even better drinks.. guests are wonderful too. This is the place that youll want to work!!
Being a dishwasher at Moxie's Grill and Bar taught me a few things. The first thing is that I cant work a boring and difficult job without having company. The best jobs are the ones where you have fellow employees to work with, chat with and spend your day with. And the second thing is that ever workplace environment has key roles that need to filled in and done properly. I believe that I can be a useful employee and eventually learn how to do what needs to be done properly, efficiently and effectively.
Great place to work. Always something new and exciting. Management is supportive and ensures training, or personal support is given when needed. Girls must wear heels which was a huge deterrent as long shifts can get very tiring and painful.
Great restaurant that has a lot of opportunities for growth within the industry. Very fun environment to work in as well, even during hectic shifts. Would highly recommend.
so great a very nice place to work. professional and clean. Good hours great customers, good deals on food I loved working there and would definitely
Working there used to be my favourite thing I lived for work, management changed egos got in the way and hindered the work environment. The managers wouldn’t or couldn’t make time to help you advance despite promises. I used to love it and I ended up hating it and left with a broken self confidence that I’m currently in therapy for.
rude and lazy staff, ineffective mgmt, dirty and dangerous kitchen. people steal, dont work, curse about each other. equipment not maintained, kitchen had cockroaches.
kitchen management always made staff cry. very violent and aggressive behavior, shorted staff on hours worked ALL the time. made you feel completely replaceable. just a cash cow company, no care for the staff, no desire in creating a healthy environment.
They are more worried about their head office staff getting proper service than any guest in the establishment. They have skirt maximum length and won't even let you change out of your heels if your feet hurt so bad you cant even properly serve your tables anymore. One of the worst.
Overstaffed for slow times understaffed for busy times. Management not very aware of there surroundings. Never promote from within. Hire completely undertrained staff and expect you to pull up the slack. Seen it across several stores
Pros
Decent menu
Cons
Poor management
I started working at Moxie's a little over 2 years ago working in the dish pit. It is a fun fast paced place to work with great staff and management to work with
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
N/a
Family feel that really makes you look forward to going to work.A lot is set by head off so for management creative freedom is limited. However operationally, great for employment.
It was a nice place to start in this country. Most of the time the restaurant was busy so the work load was heavy. They dont pay enough for this job.
Hours are reasonable compared to other places Sophisticated work life Have to wear heels but if you buy comfortable ones you can work all day
amazing staff, always work as a team and are very helpful. management is the best i have ever encountered. very flexible with scheduling around school, other jobs and life in general. always a fun day at work.
9/10 would recommend working here! Built better social, and communication skills! Positive environment and enjoyable. Busy restaurant, and feel that more people should be scheduled because extra hands is always helpful.
Pros
badass discounts, delicious food, gorgeous view on closing shifts
Cons
small staff room, like too small
good representatives, interesting people to work with. co-workers are super nice and friendly. good environment to chill with your friends at. it teaches you how to work fast and to be on your toes
It is an alright place to work just for part time I wouldn't stay there full time. It is very un organized because you dont know what time you are off at.