Moxie's Grill & Bar
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Moxie's Grill & Bar Work-life balance reviews

While I was there it was a great place to work. I made friends with my coworkers easily and I had good relationships with management. Managers are generally understanding about balancing work and life
Fast pace service,barly any breaks you have to ask for a 5 min break if it NOT busy. Job security in covid is not great 1 shift per month so I believe I will have to change jobs :(
Pros
40% staff discount 25% friends snd family
Cons
Longer hours that scheduled and in covid no hours to go around
Worked full time for almost a year, management sucks someone needs to learn how to make a schedule often I’d be working 20+ days in a row. You could work 30min and get sent home cause it isn’t busy but still work or get called in every day. You feel as if the managers are out to get you and not on your side what so ever. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there half of the people in there are psycho.
Cons
Do not work for this company No organizations no planning what next.Find people who have experience!!!!!!!!!Not girls with short skirts and no brain!!!!!!
Pros
No lunch
Cons
When I started at Moxie’s, it was full of life, employed great people who had ambition and positive personalities, had management who cared, and actually put out dishes that the kitchen was passionate about. I regret to say that this is not the case anymore. The aesthetic of Moxie’s has diminished severely over time. They used to hire people who cared about their own personal hygiene, cleanliness, and overall appearance. It was mandatory to come to work as the best version of yourself with a “glamorous evening look” and polished uniform. Now, it seems as if employees can just roll out of bed and come to work. In terms of job advancement, that comes mostly based off of hard work and loyalty. However, management made some very questionable decisions about promoting certain employees to supervisory/bartending/shift leading positions even after they had heard about misconduct. The only motive for this was scheduling and to make managements lives easier because they had more people trained for certain positions. It is clear that they care more about the quantity of people trained rather than the quality of people trained. Salary wise, they pay minimum wage per hour. Tipout increased 100% from the time I started. I began when tipout was 3.25% and by the time I left, it was 7.00%. Managers also began to receive a portion of the server’s tipout. To me, it made no sense that I was paying out of my pocket to have a manager on the floor. I was employed for a long time and would have stayed longer if the management and owner activity wasn’t so suspicious. The work culture, however, - more...
Pros
Schedule flexibility, tips, staff happy hour deals
Cons
Management, building maintenance issues that owners refuse to fix, long hours, physically demanding
Management is the biggest problem some care more than others and it always affects how you’re able to complete your shift either they don’t take the initiative to do something, or one or two will carry the whole restaurant
Not an enjoyable work experience, stress was worse than any job I've ever had. Long hours which always amounted to well above the 50 hr promised work week with no extra pay, banked time etc. Very little help from upper management but constant criticism and negativity which led to very low middle management retention. Also, restaurant was poorly constructed (to many issues to list) and not sufficient space or equipment in kitchen to handle volume.
Long hours of standing very fast paced inviorment, work as team relying on other stations to have success for the lunch and dinner service, multitasking, taking care of severe allergies
The most important thing to me in a job is great environment, understanding and great work ethic. Clear instructions and team work. Which is help to grow professional growth that all got from my job in Moxies.
thorough training and competitive skill enhancing opportunities flexible shifts and work to life balance great networking and career enhancing opportunities
Good experience Would recommend to students and for part time work if needed. Good team. Supports good work life balance when in school. Management is okay just like other restraunts
Always closed because of personal time constraints so a typical day would consist of coming in in the evening, getting through the rush and then closing my end, restocking, cleaning up, and heading home. I learned how to work hard and how to build friendly professional relationships with coworkers. The management is filled with hardworking empathetic people. They understand how to delagate and they know how to give constructive criticism in a way that helps employees improve without discouraging them. The workplace culture was relaxed and fast paced. We had a family meal every Friday which was always appreciated by everyone. Management, front end,and back end staff all got along mostly well with each other. Professionalism always coming before personal grief between employees meant that any problems would be handled with maturity and the workplace would not be affected. the hardest part of the job was staying super late during a rush for a game or large party. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people who I consider to be some of my closest friends.
Pros
Free Friday meal
Cons
Staying late
Good organisation with plenty of scope for personal growth. Culinary senior management is very encouraging and supportive. Its was a great experience with moxies.
I liked working there mainly because of the good food and good people working there. Getting to and from work was not a big deal, just one bus ride. The real issue working there was the battle for hours as they depended on sales during lunch/revenue.
General entry-level restaurant hosting job with no specifics of individuality, too fancy for what they actually were with managers working more than what was required of them.
Fast paced, but worked with a great crew which makes it more enjoyable. Shifts were scheduled two weeks in advance, flexible schedule, great management.
A great community of staff that treats eachother like a family, a fast-paced environment to keep you busy and plenty of opportunities for growth within the company.
absolutely horrendous. only good thing is the tips. management is terrible. long hours. they say to talk to them if you have any issues or concerns but truly they don't care.
Great restaurant that has a lot of opportunities for growth within the industry. Very fun environment to work in as well, even during hectic shifts. Would highly recommend.
Family feel that really makes you look forward to going to work.A lot is set by head off so for management creative freedom is limited. However operationally, great for employment.
It was a nice place to start in this country. Most of the time the restaurant was busy so the work load was heavy. They dont pay enough for this job.