Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Pay & benefits reviews

While this is more of an upscale restaurant, the people working here did not reflect that as much. It was quite difficult working here all the time but it paid the bills.
I did not enjoy working for Moxie's Bar & Grill in Stoney Creek. Most days would be a waste of time because you would get ready for work, travel there, the get cut within the first two hours and make no money.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Hours always got cut short
Do not work for this company No organizations no planning what next.Find people who have experience!!!!!!!!!Not girls with short skirts and no brain!!!!!!
Pros
No lunch
Cons
When I started at Moxie’s, it was full of life, employed great people who had ambition and positive personalities, had management who cared, and actually put out dishes that the kitchen was passionate about. I regret to say that this is not the case anymore. The aesthetic of Moxie’s has diminished severely over time. They used to hire people who cared about their own personal hygiene, cleanliness, and overall appearance. It was mandatory to come to work as the best version of yourself with a “glamorous evening look” and polished uniform. Now, it seems as if employees can just roll out of bed and come to work. In terms of job advancement, that comes mostly based off of hard work and loyalty. However, management made some very questionable decisions about promoting certain employees to supervisory/bartending/shift leading positions even after they had heard about misconduct. The only motive for this was scheduling and to make managements lives easier because they had more people trained for certain positions. It is clear that they care more about the quantity of people trained rather than the quality of people trained. Salary wise, they pay minimum wage per hour. Tipout increased 100% from the time I started. I began when tipout was 3.25% and by the time I left, it was 7.00%. Managers also began to receive a portion of the server’s tipout. To me, it made no sense that I was paying out of my pocket to have a manager on the floor. I was employed for a long time and would have stayed longer if the management and owner activity wasn’t so suspicious. The work culture, however, - more...
Pros
Schedule flexibility, tips, staff happy hour deals
Cons
Management, building maintenance issues that owners refuse to fix, long hours, physically demanding
Moxie’s could really be turned into a tv show. Management was very immature and childish. I wouldn’t recommend dating anyone who works in the industry because - I can’t think of one couple who was committed to their relationship. Good money but high stressful. Can be very fun but mostly stressful.
Pros
40 percent off food
Cons
Management will schedule you good shifts if they like you.
Not an enjoyable work experience, stress was worse than any job I've ever had. Long hours which always amounted to well above the 50 hr promised work week with no extra pay, banked time etc. Very little help from upper management but constant criticism and negativity which led to very low middle management retention. Also, restaurant was poorly constructed (to many issues to list) and not sufficient space or equipment in kitchen to handle volume.
Long hours of standing very fast paced inviorment, work as team relying on other stations to have success for the lunch and dinner service, multitasking, taking care of severe allergies
working at moxies could have been better not alot of hours and not paid very well for being a cook. and with the job i found that it was over staffed and that there was not alot of room on the line.
i would work 10 hours with no breaks. The kitchen tip out is so high i barely took anything home for tips (but don't let that discourage you i'm a male so like we make way less in tips). not really recommended if your a male but if you have an outgoing and bubbly personality then sure go for it. its a nice place but it also depends on location. Ideally if your going to work at a moxies it should be in an area with a little more of a disposable income.
make sure everything was done on time i learned to be on a team and do prep and dishwasher work very good be a team player and get work done getting stuff done on time working with everyone
I appreciate the opportunity I was given to work at Moxie's the people were nice and they were really good with my schedule. I am a full time student so i dont usually have much time to work but they put me on good consistent shifts. The pass was fast for the most part. It was occasionally a bit unorganized because of scheduling changes but over all a good experience.
I liked working there mainly because of the good food and good people working there. Getting to and from work was not a big deal, just one bus ride. The real issue working there was the battle for hours as they depended on sales during lunch/revenue.
Not worth the headache, they want you to travel between 2 locations, no security, tipouts are horrible, and new management every six months. And they don't allow requested days off.
Working at Moxies Vaughn is great. I have worked at several restaurants and Moxies Vaughn has the best management and employees. They truly make coming into work enjoyable. I would just suggest Moxies as a corporation pay their employees until they cash out because currently when you are cut they only pay you 30 min after that time. Which most often than not employees are working past that 30 min.
absolutely horrendous. only good thing is the tips. management is terrible. long hours. they say to talk to them if you have any issues or concerns but truly they don't care.
so great a very nice place to work. professional and clean. Good hours great customers, good deals on food I loved working there and would definitely
One of the most well managed stores I've ever worked at. Enjoyed all my co-workers. Good money (if you factor in the tips). Lots of running around, so it requires you to be in decent shape.
dinner service can be stressful while having to meet customer demands with a sense of urgency management and coworkers can cliquey at time pay was low how ever tips were usually good
Good management. Stores all very for hours and pay but for the most part decent pay and consistent hours. Great work culture. all the servers and kitchen staff were a big family
Pros
free food
Cons
This was a very short stint working for them I was still training when I had to leave due to some extremely bad family issues. However what I did notice is that they all seemed like family.
Pros
Lunch.
Cons
Short time
Great atmosphere, friendly staff, well organised environment. Exciting job and interactive all around. Depending on the busy mornings, evenings or nights, this job allows you to gain experience towards restaurant industry skills, techniques and more.
Pros
Challenging, interactive and competitive well trained team
Cons
Salary, benefits and stressful at times