Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Job security & advancement reviews

Fast pace service,barly any breaks you have to ask for a 5 min break if it NOT busy. Job security in covid is not great 1 shift per month so I believe I will have to change jobs :(
Pros
40% staff discount 25% friends snd family
Cons
Longer hours that scheduled and in covid no hours to go around
When I started at Moxie’s, it was full of life, employed great people who had ambition and positive personalities, had management who cared, and actually put out dishes that the kitchen was passionate about. I regret to say that this is not the case anymore. The aesthetic of Moxie’s has diminished severely over time. They used to hire people who cared about their own personal hygiene, cleanliness, and overall appearance. It was mandatory to come to work as the best version of yourself with a “glamorous evening look” and polished uniform. Now, it seems as if employees can just roll out of bed and come to work. In terms of job advancement, that comes mostly based off of hard work and loyalty. However, management made some very questionable decisions about promoting certain employees to supervisory/bartending/shift leading positions even after they had heard about misconduct. The only motive for this was scheduling and to make managements lives easier because they had more people trained for certain positions. It is clear that they care more about the quantity of people trained rather than the quality of people trained. Salary wise, they pay minimum wage per hour. Tipout increased 100% from the time I started. I began when tipout was 3.25% and by the time I left, it was 7.00%. Managers also began to receive a portion of the server’s tipout. To me, it made no sense that I was paying out of my pocket to have a manager on the floor. I was employed for a long time and would have stayed longer if the management and owner activity wasn’t so suspicious. The work culture, however, - more...
Pros
Schedule flexibility, tips, staff happy hour deals
Cons
Management, building maintenance issues that owners refuse to fix, long hours, physically demanding
This job scars me for life . It gave me low self steam , they bullied me , and forced me to work non-stop. They made jokes about where I’m come from . I constantly was in trouble for no reason. The manager me sign papers that I didn’t agreed with or understand. The manager made inappropriate jokes about me and my Family. They made jokes about my health. I was very stress out , They constantly threatened to fire me. I took it for years because it was close to my home. Perhaps, I stayed because I had low self esteem and I didn’t believe I could find another job.When the restaurant opened it was very successful and good tip outs for employees. The mismanagement of various managers made the work place very stressful. Many employees were fired for no reason or simply walk away. Eventually, employees lost the tips which were given to the supervisors. This wasn’t fair to the longtime employees.I did a lot of work for them , when I left I didn’t receive a thank you for the many years of service. Now I’m afraid they will be trying to damage reputation and give me negative references. This was done to other employees in the past.I do not recommend this environment for anyone. All I try to do now is move on with my life.
Pros
I made good friends. There was good team work between employees.
Cons
The managers didn’t credit us with the correct number of hours worked. They consistently, reduced my hours worked to low labor costs.
Loved working at Moxies and being in the hospitality and customer service industry really allowed me to further my leadership skills and translate that into creating long lasting relationships with guest. I feel, every serving job, lends the opportunity to learn and grow as a leader and open door for future opportunities both inside and outside the business.
The most important thing to me in a job is great environment, understanding and great work ethic. Clear instructions and team work. Which is help to grow professional growth that all got from my job in Moxies.
thorough training and competitive skill enhancing opportunities flexible shifts and work to life balance great networking and career enhancing opportunities
Good experience Would recommend to students and for part time work if needed. Good team. Supports good work life balance when in school. Management is okay just like other restraunts
Not a great place for young people if looking to move into a serving position. But Moxie's very professionally and a great place to learn skills as a host.
Moxie's is a great location to develop your skills within the restaurant industry and meet great people while you do it. I worked at the Abbotsford location for 5 years and I learned so much about the in's and out's of a commercial restaurant
Moxies was an enjoyable business to work for. They gave me a chance with not much experience in the restaurant industry and trained me up to be a confident dining room server.
For a new store with many long time employees of the company, it was not well organized to begin training. There was alot of underqualified people hired initially and they were weeded out quickly.
the only reason i left this job was to be closer with my family. otherwise i would never have left, the people are amazing and so is the environment. i would strongly recommend this job to any cook.
Good organisation with plenty of scope for personal growth. Culinary senior management is very encouraging and supportive. Its was a great experience with moxies.
poor management at the location i was at. I was told i would get a certain amount of hours and never did get them. often was called before my shift started to not come in, or i would go in and get cut early. i wanted to move up from a host and begin serving and no one acted on it after waiting weeks, so i quit.
Moxies is one of the go to spots in Red Deer. You are guaranteed great food and service with a touch of class! It makes for a great destination any time of the day.
I enjoyed working at Moxie's it taught me the basics of being a hostess, I did find the management not all that flexible or easy to work with, and there was a clear power-inbalance between the hosts and servers. But it could've improved since I've left, I haven't been back since.
i missed some over time hours as a result of there time out schedule....the managers all went home. They signed us out before we were done. Then we had to physically sign out, trusting the managers would put down the right time. Twice i got them. The first time was with the owners son. I just about quit then. Then the managers did it again in august. I didnt do nothing that time...then they held my tips..that was it....closing dishwasher since august 19 2016 moxies campbell river
General entry-level restaurant hosting job with no specifics of individuality, too fancy for what they actually were with managers working more than what was required of them.
Some employee are not cooperative and rude if you are new there I was fired without any reason just because I was below the provisionary period after the busy days during Christmas .
great place to sharpen your culinary skills in a professional kitchen, with many advancement opportunities. as well as staff perks such as staff parties and competition (black box competition)
A great community of staff that treats eachother like a family, a fast-paced environment to keep you busy and plenty of opportunities for growth within the company.