Moxie's Grill & Bar logo
Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews for Supervisor

Productive and great work culture

Fantastic work environment which involves decent length shifts, with a steady to busy work pace. Management is friendly but also very professional. Connecting with different guests and managing different tasks at any given moment is arguably the most enjoyable part of the job. Difficult tasks are handle well as the work place is very resourceful. Overall, a great work environment for those who a have a passion in the service industry.

Pros

Creating guest connections

Cons

Short hours

Bad pay/Management sucks

They pay you the bare minimum, and ask you to do the job of 6. Paid 11$ an hour. Only to have a raise 6 months later of 25 cents. Despite doing doubles most days, working 6 days a week and being the head of the prep team. Next raise was 6 months after that and it went up 50 cents after I fought with the chef for about 45 minutes on why I should get more than just another 25 cents. Management does what they want when they want. If they wanna go smoke while you’re in the middle of a dinner rush they don’t care they just take off and don’t say anything. Turnover of staff is ridiculous except for the 3 people that decide never to leave. Bartenders have to accept drinks from customers but have to throw it out because they aren’t allowed to drink on the job. Most bartenders I know do shots throughout there service out of respect for the client that bought it for them. But not at moxies. If you work in the kitchen you aren’t allowed to eat unless you pay for the food. Management tells you to go punch it in and pay if they catch you eating even a small snack and discount is between 40-60%. Chefs, sous-chefs and managers are the only ones allowed free food. Really not worth it. Unless you’re coming right out of culinary school or if it’s your first  “real” kitchen job after McDonald’s or subways.

Moxies

In the industry to make people feel special. The company's main focus is hospitality and making people enjoy their visit. The job is great, you get to meet all kinds of people , and the food is amazing

Pros

Social

Cons

Long shifts in heels

Long shifts with minimal pay

A typical workday for a chef involves long hours of standing, lifting and quick movements and performing physically demanding tasks. A head chef arrives at the kitchen hours before it opens and begins preparing the menu and ensuring that line chefs pre-cook certain dishes so that they are ready to serve when needed. When it’s time to serve, all the chefs in the kitchen must spring into action to make every order in a timely manner. The vast majority of chefs are required to wear a standard uniform each day that includes a hat, or hair net, a double-breasted jacket, apron and shoes with steel or plastic toe-caps. Depending on the size of the restaurant or establishment, a head chef may arrive as early as 9 a.m. to begin planning the day’s menus and not leave until the dinner rush is over, sometimes at 10 p.m. or 11 p.m. Most chefs work at least 12-hour days and many times six days a week. At restaurants, Friday and Saturday evenings are the busiest times, so chefs must forgo personal plans on weekends since they are required to be working in the kitchen.

fun workplace with a lot of teamwork

typical days at work include delegating employees while helping guests with any problems they might have and solving those problems to make the guests experience better. i also learned how to develop my time management skills and prioritize certain things that needed to be done immediately. hardest part of the job is dealing with guests who just cannot be pleased no matter what. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting he opportunity to talk to lots of different people.

Pros

great to interact with lots of people

Cons

shift work

Our staff became a second family

Working at Moxies Guelph location was a great experience and memorable time in my life. I worked part-time for the duration of 3 years. I moved up three positions within the company from a busser to a Supervisor. Our staff were always demonstrating positive attitudes which we all relished in. The food we provided made guests experiences one to remember. Management was always willing to help you through difficulties and willing to push you to challenge yourself and overcome fears of the restaurant industry. We learned a great deal of customer service and dealing with complaints accordingly.

a good work place

everyone listens well works together and if there a problem its solved as a team

Pros

great team

Cons

sometimes no shows

Jobs at Moxie's Grill & Bar