Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews for Server in Mississauga, ON

It has been a long time since i worked here but when i did, the management team was more relaxed than attentive to the floor and to servers. one manager was constantly on her computer during shifts watching movies and would seem annoyed when asked for help. The GM is a cool guy too but hes way too relaxed and doesn't seem to care much. i had no hesitation in leaving.
Moxies was alright, their food as great! But management was very unprofessional. The managers have conflict of intrest problems, getting involved with staff members and there is a whole lot of drama. Theres a standard for how you look to work there and a standard for how and what you sell. Overall i stressed going into work because it was like another course for me to pass, not my job. I enjoyed the staff they made it ok.
Moxies was a great work environment for a server. Clientele could be sub-par at time but the job culture and energy of the staff there is truly a morale boost on slow nights.
I worked in multiple positions and learned a lot. loved the staff, managers and the clientele. Fast paced environment and high expectations. When I worked there it was a very tight ship.
Typical casual restaurant work environment. Most employees are 20-25. Busy lunch rush, the rest of the day is okay. Weekends are typically mediocre. Work day starts either at or after 11:30 or 4 usually.
Working at Moxie's was disappointing. I expected a lot more out of a successful chain restaurant in regards to how staff is treated. Several of the male management team members often gave write ups for not wearing makeup or having styled hair.
Pros
great money
Cons
everything else
Had some great times and it taught me more than most of my other jobs. After this experience I will push my kids towards working in the food service industry.
Jobs at Moxie's Grill & Bar