Moxie's Grill & Bar
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews for Server

generally work was fast-paced and but the management took everything out on us. which made your shifts brutal because you had the stress of performing perfectly in addition to the stress they projected at you. the people i worked with were quite funny and i made good money.
Pros
flexible timetables and discounted food
Cons
terrible management and disrespect
Working here went downhill with management and poor training. It’s a stressful and hostile environment. Management is bitter and the restaurant has large turnovers. Getting yelled at isn’t uncommon. Run.
Pros
Met good friends, but they did not like working there
Cons
Hostile
I did not enjoy working for Moxie's Bar & Grill in Stoney Creek. Most days would be a waste of time because you would get ready for work, travel there, the get cut within the first two hours and make no money.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
Hours always got cut short
Moxie’s could really be turned into a tv show. Management was very immature and childish. I wouldn’t recommend dating anyone who works in the industry because - I can’t think of one couple who was committed to their relationship. Good money but high stressful. Can be very fun but mostly stressful.
Pros
40 percent off food
Cons
Management will schedule you good shifts if they like you.
Loved working at Moxies and being in the hospitality and customer service industry really allowed me to further my leadership skills and translate that into creating long lasting relationships with guest. I feel, every serving job, lends the opportunity to learn and grow as a leader and open door for future opportunities both inside and outside the business.
Moxie’s has great training. Everyone helps run food. Great teamwork. Incentives for up selling. Beautiful establishment. Schedule is flexible and restaurant is always busy.
Pros
Busy restaurant and money is good
Cons
Guys have to wear jeans on the patio in the summer.
Good experience Would recommend to students and for part time work if needed. Good team. Supports good work life balance when in school. Management is okay just like other restraunts
Only good part about working here was the friends I made, besides that, management is adult bullies. Customers are creepy and management will never do anything about it because their all like that too. You’re better off anywhere else.
Friendly staff and proactive management. Minimal support staff but high tip out. Bills get high fast so tips add up quickly. Room service also helps to supplement tips.
This was a great job! Allows you to be social and feel good about the way you look. Clients were always very respectful as senior staff took uncomfortablility very seriously.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Moxie's Grill & Bar?
i would work 10 hours with no breaks. The kitchen tip out is so high i barely took anything home for tips (but don't let that discourage you i'm a male so like we make way less in tips). not really recommended if your a male but if you have an outgoing and bubbly personality then sure go for it. its a nice place but it also depends on location. Ideally if your going to work at a moxies it should be in an area with a little more of a disposable income.
Super easy job as a server but they expect a lot out of you. You always have to have your makeup done, cant have your hair up, have to buy a certain heel, are forced to buy the uniform aprons and shirt. Tips most nights were below average money wise because of the high tip out and always having a high number of staff on. Was let go right before my probation ended for no reason. Basically was hired for xmas and then terminated. I was told by other girls Moxies has high turnover in staff (Barely anyone left from the summer) and now I know why, once busy season ends they terminate everyone.
Moxies is one of the go to spots in Red Deer. You are guaranteed great food and service with a touch of class! It makes for a great destination any time of the day.
Often you come into work and there is a lot of negativity. Talking to most management is hard and they are not very approachable. It is a hard place to learn and grow. You can put a lot of work in and it will go unappreciated. The employees wellbeing and support often seems to be low priority for most of the managers.
Great environment, with lovely people. stressful at times and annoying management but worth it for me. walked out with great experiences/friends and money in my pocket. good place to work while in school or first job.
I thouroughly enjoyed working at Moxie's. Although the staff was clique-y and you were given ridiculous shifts and hours I think I would work there again.
Fast-pace work place Learned how to communicate with people Loved working with my co-workers it was a family atmosphere Learned how to deal with different situation on the fly Warm and inviting place Hardest part is memorizing the menu
Working at Moxies Vaughn is great. I have worked at several restaurants and Moxies Vaughn has the best management and employees. They truly make coming into work enjoyable. I would just suggest Moxies as a corporation pay their employees until they cash out because currently when you are cut they only pay you 30 min after that time. Which most often than not employees are working past that 30 min.
Fun staff and can make money and meet people. Management needs work since there is favouritism in the workplace and a lot of butt kissing. Very fast-paced so need to know what you are doing.
Pros
chill staff
Cons
no breaks/ favouritism
came into work punched in took orders served food cleaned and resset tables took payments. Learned about the moxie menu different type of food and drinks.
Its a fast paced work environment and there's never a dull moment. I enjoyed working here and would recommend it to someone as a good place to start a new serving position.