Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews for Prep Cook

Working at Moxie's Grill & Bar was very time consuming. Understaffed, given equipment is unsatisfactory in terms of use, unprofessional management and staff.
Received little to no training. Given ridiculous workload. Had to work long shifts, often without being able to take a break. Staff was rude and mouthy, trying to be Gordon Ramsay-esque.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment
Everyone’s there to help each other. A really good place to work and everything is very well organized. They are a real team of hard workers and also encourage one another.
Do not work for this company No organizations no planning what next.Find people who have experience!!!!!!!!!Not girls with short skirts and no brain!!!!!!
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Moxie's is a great location to develop your skills within the restaurant industry and meet great people while you do it. I worked at the Abbotsford location for 5 years and I learned so much about the in's and out's of a commercial restaurant
For a new store with many long time employees of the company, it was not well organized to begin training. There was alot of underqualified people hired initially and they were weeded out quickly.
absolutely horrendous. only good thing is the tips. management is terrible. long hours. they say to talk to them if you have any issues or concerns but truly they don't care.
Between doing the work of 3 people being laughed at when I would have a 28 item work list and pretty much staying most days 7am to 9 pm cuz they would make you feel guilty that the work wasn't done .... Cuz they have no one ...also then being told your gonna do more jobs cuz we can't afford to have anyone here ... Pathetic place
Pros
Was leaving
Cons
Was getting hired here
If you work in the morning, everyone yelling about how high the work load is. There are too few cooks for too much work. The kitchen is dirty and the food is of rushed quality as a result.
Pros
Good pay, plenty of hours
Cons
Erratic hours, high pressure, unhappy coworkers
overall a great place to work, great peopl great food, i learned alot working at moxies including how to effectively close, clean fryers flat top, as well as how to prep, eventually became lead food prep.
Pros
10% off meals
Cons
really fast paced
I was a cook at this job. I loved working for Moxies. They are a very busy. I loved the staff and customers. My experience with Moxies was one I will always remember
Everyone puts on a positive attitude but really they are all money hungry. poor management long hours have to sell to make money or your working for free.
Pros
free membership
Good environment. But inconsistent hours. A typical day would start at 730 and go till anywhere from 1pm to 8pm. I learned how to become a teams player with any personality type.
work culture was the best i've been in, but since i wasn't the fastest in the prep hall i didn't get many hours (which i can understand) but i cant do much to improve if i dont have the time to improve on the job.
Thirty years cooking been right across this country I've ran big pubs restraunt chains and camps never seen such a idiot kitchen manager in my life. Thx Brian promising me job telling me I'm hired then not .I'll should of noned better in the first 5 min working at this moxies in prince gearge is very dirty and no food safe practices in place.I've will be contacting ur head office thx again BrianKralun ur far from being a leader
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
two teenage supervisors who have a huge attitude problem do not know how to speak to people chef is a two face force you to work 12-14 hours a day everyday can I find people to work there 3 people quitting in one week would not recommend working at moxies newmarket Ontario yeah he's a good example of management first paycheck you get uniform supposed to be deducted did not happen agreement was made $14 an hour first two weeks was okay second two weeks was $14 50 hrs that was good for me after a 12-hour shift I did not bake cookies I was fired
Pros
do not see any pros
Cons
one of the worst places to work at
Minimum wage and some weird management decisions. Hard work long hours but consistant. They're pretty fair about tips and working in the prep department wasn't bad
The average day shift consisted of preparing the various sauces, starches and meats used in the completed dishes. The difficulty of the job varied greatly as events influenced the amount of prep work required. It was great to learn about the different methods of making different foods, and how to use some of the machines.
Pros
Discounted food
Everything is good but restaurant isn't busy due to which don't get enough hours. Have to look for another job. Hope it becomes busy.
Seven days a week of safety food handling, knife skills, pastry designing, time management, consistency, and presentation is what I have achieved/learned while working in the kitchen.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fun work place with awesome co workers! Able to have fun listening to music and talking with all the staff and still get the job done.
Pros
staff discount on meals
Cons
variable work hours