Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews for Line Cook in Mississauga, ON

Moxie's menu is simple and straight forward, they feature the seasons and are consistent with their dishes. The crew is great to work with and they will treat you respect, if you respond in kind. I learn many things from Moxie's and developed my interest in cooking and learned many different techniques that are useful to me to this day. I enjoyed working at Moxie's mainly because of the crew, management and the easy to learn menus.
Pros
Great staff, Good food.
Cons
Demanding work for those who don't love it
I loved working there and I got loads of appreciation and I enjoyed a lot. moreover I learnt many new things from my team mates and great environment
Great place to learn more about the trade and to get more skills on your way to become a chef. Great incentives and opportunities of advancement. Fast paced and always looking for the best quality food.Always striving to give customers the best experience . Great management style.
I have never ever been belittled and spoken down to the way the owner spoke to me ever. He is very rude and thinks way too highly of himself. NO respect for people at all. The managers of BOH and workers are great and fun place to work at except for the owner. Moxies Argentia
Pros
Cons
owner
Working at Moxie’s was very a busy place to work at; you get to learn different stations and advance there. The management is very good and organized. The co-workers are very friendly and there are always there to lead hand when you need help.
Pros
Lots of opporunities to grow in the company
I start the day by stocking and preparing food items in need for revenue and for night/morning staff members. Once opening tasks are complete and the store has opened I make orders for guests in a safe and timely manner. When my station is slower I make sure I quickly help other team members who are in need. When revenue is over I restock the stations and do a line clean up. This includes sweeping and mopping the floor, wiping the counters and handles with appropriate cleaning supplies. I have learned a lot working here such as certain cooking techniques, preparing for mass sales, time management abilities and how to use kitchen and cleaning equipment properly. Another thing that I have learned is that by working well with others you will succeed to great extents at tasks at hand. We are a family at Moxie's and always help one another out which is the greatest part about this job.