Moxie's Grill & Bar
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews for Host/Server

While I was there it was a great place to work. I made friends with my coworkers easily and I had good relationships with management. Managers are generally understanding about balancing work and life
Had a lot of fun working for this company. I had to work my butt off but it paid off for the most part. Upper management sometimes was a bit questionable but all around a good experience. Your attitude is your biggest asset
Pros
Flexible schedule, cool coworkers
Cons
The general manager wasn’t very inspiring at times
Worked there for 2 years loved it very much but only because of the managers they really took care of employees and put us first before the job never had been treated so well
Pros
Discounts for family and friends, easy menu to remember
Cons
Not as busy as other restaurants
Very fast-paced job greeting and serving customers. Often short staffed or given short notice to work. Management weren’t very personable and often didn’t get breaks. Co-workers were good team players making sure customers were happy with food and service.
working at Moxies was very fun and has definitely opened a lot of new doors for me. It teaches you to adapt to all sorts of situations, and is great if you like working in a fast paced environment. Although every Moxies has a different manager, the managers/supervisors at the Victoria location are amazing people.
Hours are reasonable compared to other places Sophisticated work life Have to wear heels but if you buy comfortable ones you can work all day
Very welcoming, good training in the foodservice industry. Management showed favouritism but did treat most staff equally. the hardest part of the job was learning to handle large tables.
Management was awful and disrespectful, treatment bordered on harassment. Learned important service skills though, and a lot of restaurants are like this.
Great place to work for the most bit. Really flexible hours and management is relatively layed back. There is a hierarchy of some sort between the hosts ans servers but for the most bit its a great job.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
short hours
I loved working on 17th avenue or Moxies. They had an awesome menu at the time I was working and a beautiful atmosphere. I loved my co workers and they gave a great discount for our lunches/dinners.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Sore feet after long shift
In this job you will learn how to work in the service industry, and get to meet lots of amazing people. I would say the management could be better as there is constant turnover of severs, and management.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Short hours, and few shifts
Moxie's caters to all demographics, providing both a dinning room and lounge experience to their variety of clients. It is relatively easy to set your own schedule and a very social environment. The downside is there is a lack of glamour working in the food industry on the back end that is not visible to clientele, and unless you plan to secure a job in Food Services Management, there is little room to grow or options in positions.
Pros
Flexible schedule, very social.
Cons
Food industry, demanding customer base.
Overall good place to work, it was very stimulating so shifts went by fast. When it came to breaks, it was very reasonable. Very well established business.
Pros
Very stimulating
Cons
Working at Moxies was like no other experience. It wasn't like going to work, it was like being paid to hang out with my favourite humans. They became my family & moving to Calgary was hard just for the fact that I had to leave them. A typical day was serving people all day or night. I learned how to deal with some of the most difficult and some frustrating people. It was the best management & coworkers I've ever had the pleasure to work with.
Pros
The people
Cons
Difficult customers.
Great Team Working Together Fast Position Advancement Management Team Is Great Responds well to professional needs Fast paced Job
Amazing energy and environment. I had the best boss ever. It was such a pleasure working here it never felt like I was going to work.
Pros
The atmosphere, the environment and the people
Cons
My job is always lively and demanding but always rewarding. We work short hours that are intensive because we don't just serve food we create a familiar environment to even first guest. We believe that guest connections is an even stronger asset than the food. Management is helpful, never micromanaging but are quick to help without hesitation. The hardest part of the job is living up to personal standards of guest service in times of over-extending. The most enjoyable part is the instant gratification that my guest, whether the retired couple, the young family with small children or the business people in for a short swift lunch.
Pros
guest interation
Cons
unpredictable hours