Moxie's Grill & Bar logo
Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess in Guelph, ON

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 546 reviews

A fast pace, friendly environment with the best employees

Every day I go into work and try and make the guests experience as postive as possible. We want to make sure every person has had top notch service and food prepared to fit their expectationsWhat I've learned from working as a hostess at Moxies Classic Grill is how to improve my customer service. I feel because I've been a hostess for a while now, it has become easier for me to approach guests and cater to their needs. I like to make sure everyone leaves with a smile, and if something went wrong, how to fix it so their next visit will make up for it.Most of the co-workers (servers and hostesses) have become my friends, and to be honest one of the number one reasons I love my job. Everyone works together and if ever in a stressful situation stay calm and find the best solution.The hardest part of my job is when the restaurant is slow and I have to stand up at the hostess stand and wait for people to come in. I like to stay busy so I'm always looking for something to do. I understand that in the restuarant industry you have to work your way from the bottom to the top in order to move up in the business, but I am itching to become a server. I feel like I have the right amount of experience and ability to do so.The most enjoyable part of the job is making people smile and meeting and talking to new people everyday.

Pros

40% off food when working

Cons

wearing high heels for 4-5 hours

Jobs at Moxie's Grill & Bar