Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews for Cook/Dishwasher

I liked working there mainly because of the good food and good people working there. Getting to and from work was not a big deal, just one bus ride. The real issue working there was the battle for hours as they depended on sales during lunch/revenue.
I would highly recommend working there especially for there great cooking tips and awesome food. If you want to be a chef then you have joined the best.
A very healthy place to work. All the people there are very nice to you on the first day making you feel like you belong there. It's a great opportunity to learn about customer service but also at the same time to interact with both customers and fellow employees. I would definitely recommend.
Moxies is a fun to work in, together with other crew members. The food is delicious. Moxies has a big team, and experienced chefs, we worked as a team. very fast speed in prep cooking, culinary cooking, and line cooking.
if applying for kitchen staff they start you out as a dish washer, you have to work very fast because its a popular place to eat and go for drinks, if you make sure you have a good system, you will do very well for yourself
i enjoyed my time with i spent here with long hours working in the dish pit and the nonstop dishes that came through the door. management worked incredibly hard to keep up with the seasonal change.
Pros
brakes
Cons
few hours
This is one the of the worst places don't work they don't care about you your a number to then management are the worst they have favourites if your not the management favorite some people get away with stuff and some employees will say stuff to get rid of u if they dont like or u don't suck up to them better off working retail or factory not enough hours very short
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Close to no hours
worked there for one day and some fool on the other side of the kitchen knocks some plastic tubs over and the Psycho manager screams at me for them falling and not being in a Safer spot...i didnt put them there, they were there when i started my shift...i quit on the spot.
Cons
Psycho Management.
Fast paced work environment coupled with an extremely nurturing management team made this one of my favourite establishments to be a part of. If given the opportunity to move up into supervisor I would not hesitate to take the position.
Pros
vast amount of technical vocation
With being so close to the Canadian Tire Center business is always booming and often long hours and fast pace rushes. the staff are amazing and the food is over the top! highest quality
Pros
great crew, Room to Grow, strong management
Cons
Long hours, Very busy nights
my manager was very fun to work with and he was very nice he never yelled or screamed but he did get the job done. the pay wasn't the best but my co-workers made up for that.
Pros
very fun to come in to work
Cons
hours could conflict with personal life
The people were great and the job was easy to learn but their was not enough hours to be viable in the current economy for me sometimes getting as little as 15 hours in a 2 week period.
Pros
free food, great staff
Cons
short shifts, lacking in hours
-I do dishes for majority of my shift, then work on line or prep when needed -I've learned time management, and how teamwork is the key to succeed -managers are hilarious, good people overall -hardest part about the job is starting work with the dish area so far behind on work -most enjoyable part of work is interacting with co-workers
Pros
great co-workers, free food occationally, amazing managers
Cons
only recieving two shifts a week
1. A typical day at work would include, cooking food for the costumers and constantly cleaning food areas or the dish pit. 2. I learned to always keep a clean work station so it would improve speed and the quality of the food. 3. The management was okay. The head chefs weren't that nice too their employees and they can improve on talking to them and helping them out on busy nights. 4. The hardest part is trying to keep up with ticket times during the busiest part of the rush.
Pros
Occasional free meals/ Discounts on meals
Cons
Long hours and stressful shifts.
Working as a dishwasher and line cook as my starting job was initially overbearing, but as I began to understand the rhythm of the environment it becomes easy to maintain a clean workspace. Both front and back of the house were extremely generous and respectful to their roles and responsibilities, as well as to the people around them. I managed to gain a sense of communication, enthusiasm, a "get 'er done" mindset, and an overall joy for working in the kitchen. Though my commitment to post secondary forced me to quit working for Moxie's, I would have stayed longer. Visiting the restaurant often, my former colleagues have since become my friends. The hardest part of the job was keeping up to dinner rushes at times, but knowing each day you've accomplished something makes you come back for more.
Pros
Amazing family of co-workers
Cons
Unpredictable hours
Always friendly environment with nothing but the greatest food. Always flexible and work around my hours. Great place to work
Pros
Staff
Cons
Late Nights
Moxies has gone through new changes to the management and work ethics since starting work there. Experienced leaders mixed with newish management certainly makes for over all a good time with friendly staff that are focused and helpful. there's no other way enjoy working quite like Eatz inc. Moxies . I'v learned that the best way to achieve your goal is dedication and having a positive effect towards everything.
Pros
Staff meals, Staff partys
Cons
trainees
Great place to work. People were very friendly and willing to help others learn. I enjoy working many hours and was going into my final years of highschool and noticed it was effecting my studies because of late closing shifts so i had to quit. When i asked for for shifts or oppurtunities as a line cook i was given them the next week because they notice when people work hard and try to help them.
Pros
great place to work, great people, great money
Cons
none when i worked there