Moxie's Grill & Bar
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews for Bartender

You'll work with anyone from high school students to experienced workers, the management varies between location but really makes or breaks the experience of working at Moxies. Corporate locations are great usually with management because of union and other factors.
the culture was amazing because everyone was around the same age as myself when I started. This job really helped me build my social skills as I would serve my tables.
Good place to work, pretty high turner for staff, generally pretty busy place, everyone works as a team player, everyone is typically pretty nice, generally have fun days
The staff and customers were great! A great environment to work in. Learned a lot of social and people skills, gained a lot of self development, and understanding and patience of certain scenarios.
Great enviroment for those who can stomach it, long hours and effort are sometimes required . Those who are dedicated and excel are moved up quickly. Great people
Pros
good people
Cons
Great culture, great staff. Fun job with a lot of benefits of working there. Management gives you the chance to advance. Learned a lot about the industry from the first day I started.
Pros
Career advancement
its ok I mean they were nice to me once in a while but they had both ups and downs it was stressful but it works out in the end. you get your money and you go home.
Pros
food
Cons
people
Spent many years working for this company in very many positions. Lasted for 4 years. I loved it at first. I learned almost everything I needed to know about the restaurant industry and made good money. But over time there was nothing left for me. I was made promises that were always broken. The over all culture of the restaurant and staff was changing and becoming so much more dramatic/negative and I didn't like it. Eventually going to work became upsetting so I had to leave. I just needed change into a more positive environment where I could progress.
Pros
consistent shifts
Cons
not the greatest staff/management
I love the craziness of the restaurant. It was a fun upbeat place with high turnovers. I had great staff to work with. Ive learned a lot of life lessons an appreciative of all the responsibilities given to me. lively working environment with constant hotel clients which made it difficult at times cause there may be language barriers.
Pros
I had alot of seniority which gave me more opportunities
Cons
Management could of been better.
It was a fun company to work for. Charity golf tournaments were awesome. They had some strict rules like no putting your hair up... like not at all. Not even a bobbi pin. Also, got in trouble for wearing a skirt that was "too long" even though it was much shorter than knee length. One girl got told to wear more makeup.
Great Environment! The guests and staff were amazing. A job became a second home. A place you would come to on your days off to see your friends.
Pros
Great staff and guests
Cons
Long shifts
They dont value good employees, they grade you based on other peoples gossip...... Staff gets 50% off meals only when working and are only allowed to order when kitchen is not busy. The GM is new and has no clue on how to run a restaurant
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Terrible training, not enough hours, unprofesional gm
Best advice to give for any resturant is to make your guest your number one priority and make friends. management was amazing. Make good friends with co-workers.
Pros
good discount on meals when working
Cons
paid hours are short
moxies is a great work family, with great team leadership. most enjoyable part of the job was the people you work with. typical day at work is busy, we work on team building and customer satisfaction. I would work at another moxies again.
Pros
free lunchs when good work is done, vacation time when asked
Cons
Develop customer service skills, strong communication skills, effective time-management skills. Environment is friendly and team oriented.
*Get to work *Open bar *Cut some fruit *Talk to cute waitresses *Use amazing conversational skills to sell beverages *Dance a little bit *Increase clientele and promote customer relationships *Dance a little more *Network and meet people from all over the world *Use simple math daily *Perform cash-out, do bar inventory, and go home feeling awesome.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Slow summers
Usually worked from 9am until 330pm as a line cook in the kitchen. Bartended or served tables in the evening. Trained new staff members at various franchise locations.
Busy place with lots of different and fun people to work with.
Pros
Busy Lounge
I love working at Moxies, the people are great, the job is always very rewarding and fun. You get to know so many new people and I enjoy interacting with guests daily. We all work together as a team and get along very well, I would never trade in my coworkers, they're all great people! The job is sometimes stressful but very very worth it at the end of the day.
Overall an organization that respects its employees and works in the interest of its customers and staff. I could not be more grateful to have gained experience with this organization.
Every shift would be the same thing over and over. I learnt how to handle the restaurant industry, poor management, some of the co-workers were nice, the stress level of the work environment wasn't inviting and didn't enjoy the job that much
Pros
good experience to learn in the food industry.
Cons
poor management, favouritism and sexist.