Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

I came into the job with rough skills when it comes to cooking only having experience from high school classes. Them giving me a chance to work a day along side with someone to see if I had potential. Then they hired me and taught how to handle many things like knives and deli slicers in a quick and safe way
Pros
They will give free meals if you cover for someone.
Cons
Busy environment if you're not used to it
Loved working at Moxies and being in the hospitality and customer service industry really allowed me to further my leadership skills and translate that into creating long lasting relationships with guest. I feel, every serving job, lends the opportunity to learn and grow as a leader and open door for future opportunities both inside and outside the business.
was a fantastic work environment, fantastic food, would go again and again, the work days are faced paced but excellent tring, easy to learn how to do what is needed
Good experience Would recommend to students and for part time work if needed. Good team. Supports good work life balance when in school. Management is okay just like other restraunts
Always closed because of personal time constraints so a typical day would consist of coming in in the evening, getting through the rush and then closing my end, restocking, cleaning up, and heading home. I learned how to work hard and how to build friendly professional relationships with coworkers. The management is filled with hardworking empathetic people. They understand how to delagate and they know how to give constructive criticism in a way that helps employees improve without discouraging them. The workplace culture was relaxed and fast paced. We had a family meal every Friday which was always appreciated by everyone. Management, front end,and back end staff all got along mostly well with each other. Professionalism always coming before personal grief between employees meant that any problems would be handled with maturity and the workplace would not be affected. the hardest part of the job was staying super late during a rush for a game or large party. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people who I consider to be some of my closest friends.
Pros
Free Friday meal
Cons
Staying late
I liked working there mainly because of the good food and good people working there. Getting to and from work was not a big deal, just one bus ride. The real issue working there was the battle for hours as they depended on sales during lunch/revenue.
Great place to work. It was a nice restaurant and great people. Mostly people i went to High-School with, as well as staff from previous high-schools.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
busy
i worked as a busser for over a year and although it wasn't really the best job position the people there still found little ways to make life easier on me.
Great workplace environment with an opportunity to learn excellent customer service experience. Management is always very supportive, the workplace culture is upbeat and friendly. The hardest part of the job is learning to multitask in a fast paced environment. The enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to make new friends and grow as a team.
The restaurant was located inside a popular event centre in the downtown are of Winnipeg, so there were constantly events like concerts, hockey games, and conventions going on that brought many different types of customers through the doors.
Moxies was a really fun and great place to work, the staff were really easy going and helped teach me how to use everything and get going. Long hours but once i worked my way up in the process my job got easier and better.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hot kitchen
A typical day is/was spent worrying if you were going to get talked to like trash from one person or another. Management wouldn't hold up to their promises, showed favoritism to certain individuals and their friends.
Most of the time its a pretty chill job, the people are nice and very friendly. Each and everyday you learn more and more about the environment. The management does a great job of keep its people satisfied.
Moxies was a good place for me to start my culinary career. They taught me the basic skills of cooking, and helped bring out my passion for cooking. Eventually they started to not care, and that became hard for me, thus me having to leave.
I was a Dishwasher and I would like to say that during my time working at Moxie's I enjoyed it a lot the team is awesome as well is the management. I experienced a lot of team work day in and day out and I would get help when needed
Pros
Tips, Great Co Workers
Cons
Everyday was the same thing with the exception being the moods of the managers. I wouldn't recommend it unless there's nowhere else to work.
Moxies Grill and Bar Assist guests in order selection by promoting specific menu items and specials. Respond to inquiries regarding meal preparation and service. Coordinate with kitchen staff to ensure timely and accurate order preparation. Regularly follow-up with guest tables and promptly fulfill additional requests. Demonstrated teamwork by assisting colleagues during rush periods to provide efficient service and a pleasurable guest dining experience.
I was at prep cook at moxies I enjoyed my time while I was there learning the menu and differences between the two restaurants.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Hours, I didn't get enough to be able to stay there
-Started at dish and worked my way up to a cook -Prep, Sauté, Fry, Sets, Pizza, Salad, Flattop grill and Expo -Work late hours help close down the kitchen
food prep, line cooking and ensuring that quality food is produced
Pros
dicounted meals
I really enjoyed working at Moxies it was a well run restaurant with great pay and good people
Pros
everything
Cons
high workload