Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Some employee are not cooperative and rude if you are new there I was fired without any reason just because I was below the provisionary period after the busy days during Christmas .
Moxie’s could really be turned into a tv show. Management was very immature and childish. I wouldn’t recommend dating anyone who works in the industry because - I can’t think of one couple who was committed to their relationship. Good money but high stressful. Can be very fun but mostly stressful.
Pros
40 percent off food
Cons
Management will schedule you good shifts if they like you.
The work environment is extremely toxic, and the management is manipulative and obsessed with money. and it is especially frustrating to be there as a member of the LGBT community.
great place to sharpen your culinary skills in a professional kitchen, with many advancement opportunities. as well as staff perks such as staff parties and competition (black box competition)
We made the best quality food. Very fast paced work place with hygienic preparation of food. We valued every customer. We take special care for seniors and people with special needs.
Best staff, and leadership at any place I've ever worked! Greatnfood, even better drinks.. guests are wonderful too. This is the place that youll want to work!!
Hours are reasonable compared to other places Sophisticated work life Have to wear heels but if you buy comfortable ones you can work all day
good representatives, interesting people to work with. co-workers are super nice and friendly. good environment to chill with your friends at. it teaches you how to work fast and to be on your toes
Management is nice and usually abides by your availability when scheduling. The people are great to work with, it's really the customers you have to worry about.
Pros
great work/life balance, fun people
commission and tips were worth the job. but when it comes down to the job itself waiting annoying customers is difficult because not everyone is able to please
Has a great atmosphere, a great team of people that make work feel not so much like work. learning the basics of being in kitchen as well as the management side of things. easiest part of the job is cooking.
I was a cook at this job. I loved working for Moxies. They are a very busy. I loved the staff and customers. My experience with Moxies was one I will always remember
Management was awful and disrespectful, treatment bordered on harassment. Learned important service skills though, and a lot of restaurants are like this.
Everything you would expect in a corporate restaurant environment. Strict standards and procedures to follow, regimented work flow. Great training, and job security.
Moxies is a really great place for anyone to work. Its a fun environment with high standards. You can work as much or as little as you'd like. They like to promote from within.
Typical day would include a 5-6 table section (or as many as you feel comfortable with). The management is suer helpful and allows you to take your time to learn and be your best. the hardest part of the job would be, not having time to eat and getting fatigued pretty quickly. But the best part of the job is probably the people and getting to know so many new faces.
Pros
Staff is really nice, easy to get along with and people are always willing to help
Cons
long hours, dont always get a break
This was the worst job I have ever worked. Long hours no respect for their employees. Management is sexist and degrading to staff. I busted my butt off for this company with little to no respect. I felt that Moxie's set the staff up to fail. Minimal staff on the floor. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I quit.
Pros
nothing
Cons
I loved coming into work every day. All of my coworkers and managers had amazing personalities and were so much fun to work with. It really was like a family, with everyone supporting one another if help was needed, having "family meal" every other Friday, and just having a bunch of work events to attend (ex. volleyball, Halloween, etc.). It was a pleasure working there!
Pros
Good environment, good culture, supportive management
Cons
Inconsistent schedules
Enjoyed working with the staff and building new skills. They provided a pleasant work space to work in everyone was friendly and very respectable. Definitely enjoyed my time working there
its ok I mean they were nice to me once in a while but they had both ups and downs it was stressful but it works out in the end. you get your money and you go home.
Pros
food
Cons
people
Good environment. But inconsistent hours. A typical day would start at 730 and go till anywhere from 1pm to 8pm. I learned how to become a teams player with any personality type.