Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in St. John's, NL

poor management at the location i was at. I was told i would get a certain amount of hours and never did get them. often was called before my shift started to not come in, or i would go in and get cut early. i wanted to move up from a host and begin serving and no one acted on it after waiting weeks, so i quit.
Not an enjoyable work experience, stress was worse than any job I've ever had. Long hours which always amounted to well above the 50 hr promised work week with no extra pay, banked time etc. Very little help from upper management but constant criticism and negativity which led to very low middle management retention. Also, restaurant was poorly constructed (to many issues to list) and not sufficient space or equipment in kitchen to handle volume.
Moxies is a fun to work in, together with other crew members. The food is delicious. Moxies has a big team, and experienced chefs, we worked as a team. very fast speed in prep cooking, culinary cooking, and line cooking.
It was a nice place to start in this country. Most of the time the restaurant was busy so the work load was heavy. They dont pay enough for this job.
If you work in the morning, everyone yelling about how high the work load is. There are too few cooks for too much work. The kitchen is dirty and the food is of rushed quality as a result.
Pros
Good pay, plenty of hours
Cons
Erratic hours, high pressure, unhappy coworkers