Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Pickering, ON

Very easy to get along with the team members. Once you mastered one cooking area, they would challenge you in a different area. They will work along side you during stressful times.
Management is the biggest problem some care more than others and it always affects how you’re able to complete your shift either they don’t take the initiative to do something, or one or two will carry the whole restaurant
Great company to work for, salary and benefits rank among leading edge within the culinary industry. Highly recommend to anyone looking in the field.
nice staff and management, i never was cheated on hours or wage. ended up learning the proper way to do things by the book. overall it was a great place to work.
Prep charts, cleaning and preparing food, is a normal Day at Moxie's I had reinforced the practices I learned in school but I did learn how to plate some different foods and new ingredients for some of my recipes. Management standards could be higher. Co-workers were great up until management changed. My favorite part was working with nice people and the environment. I don't really appreciate how I was treated in recent months.
Pros
decent discount
Cons
hot uniforms, no windows
Typical day at work depends but I usually manage to round up long hours. Hardest part of the job would be quitting I guess, employees become your family
Pros
Lot of opportunities
Cons
Social life can be hard to enjoy
A typical day at work would involve myself and at least one other person helping the restaurant with the evening dinner rush by working in the dish area. i learned to be more organized and to procrastinate less, as well as being able to enhance my cleaning skills and being part of a team.
Pros
Would occasionally be given very good food, as well as the people, they were great.
Cons
Physically demanding.
Seven days a week of safety food handling, knife skills, pastry designing, time management, consistency, and presentation is what I have achieved/learned while working in the kitchen.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
My boss is amazing he took me under his wing and has taught me so much. I have been able to use my math degree while getting an abundance of experience.