Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Newmarket, ON

Best advice to give for any resturant is to make your guest your number one priority and make friends. management was amazing. Make good friends with co-workers.
Pros
good discount on meals when working
Cons
paid hours are short
I have the privilege to go to work here. The people that I get to work with I can now consider all friends. the business is run as a family. I typically work 4 hours shifts depending on how busy the restaurant is. the managers and co-workers are all extremely friendly and always make sure to check in on you're well being inside and outside the workplace. the hardest job is here their arent that many people working and you re managing all of the jobs on your own such as bussing tables while keeping up with people at the door. it truly teaches you how to work fast.
Pros
staff
Cons
dinner rush
two teenage supervisors who have a huge attitude problem do not know how to speak to people chef is a two face force you to work 12-14 hours a day everyday can I find people to work there 3 people quitting in one week would not recommend working at moxies newmarket Ontario yeah he's a good example of management first paycheck you get uniform supposed to be deducted did not happen agreement was made $14 an hour first two weeks was okay second two weeks was $14 50 hrs that was good for me after a 12-hour shift I did not bake cookies I was fired
Pros
do not see any pros
Cons
one of the worst places to work at
My job is always lively and demanding but always rewarding. We work short hours that are intensive because we don't just serve food we create a familiar environment to even first guest. We believe that guest connections is an even stronger asset than the food. Management is helpful, never micromanaging but are quick to help without hesitation. The hardest part of the job is living up to personal standards of guest service in times of over-extending. The most enjoyable part is the instant gratification that my guest, whether the retired couple, the young family with small children or the business people in for a short swift lunch.
Pros
guest interation
Cons
unpredictable hours