Moxie's Grill & Bar
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Moncton, NB

It is an alright place to work just for part time I wouldn't stay there full time. It is very un organized because you dont know what time you are off at.
Worked full time for almost a year, management sucks someone needs to learn how to make a schedule often I’d be working 20+ days in a row. You could work 30min and get sent home cause it isn’t busy but still work or get called in every day. You feel as if the managers are out to get you and not on your side what so ever. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there half of the people in there are psycho.
Cons
I would highly recommend working there especially for there great cooking tips and awesome food. If you want to be a chef then you have joined the best.
Working at Moxie’s Moncton can be extremely stressful and anxiety inducing- unfortunately due to the management. They do not act like they are on your team and it feels like they are out to get you or look for you to make a mistake and make you feel very awful about it. They also have favourites. Management needs to understand instilling fear in their employees makes for a negative environment, leading to stress in an already potentially stressful job. You are just a number at Moxie’s Moncton. The audits are ridiculous. You could get triple sat with a secret shopper and if it doesn’t go perfectly based on the overall experience (bartenders taking too long to make drinks, kitchen messed up the food order, food runner didn’t offer pepper with dish) the SERVER gets penalized for that and potentially even suspended. Work somewhere else, this place is bad for your mental health
Pros
You can make great friends and money
Cons
Management is miserable
I worked there for over 3 years and enjoyed my time with the company, i was lucky enough to work with good management and staff it was quite the experience
worked there for one day and some fool on the other side of the kitchen knocks some plastic tubs over and the Psycho manager screams at me for them falling and not being in a Safer spot...i didnt put them there, they were there when i started my shift...i quit on the spot.
Cons
Psycho Management.
Having spent 20 years in the F&B industry from independent Small scale restaurants, to Large resort properties, I have never worked with a better system or team. Moxie's definitely has a caring and supportive atmosphere, for all employees from managers to line level. Any company is only as good as its people (staff) and Moxie's in the Atlantic region has some amazing staff that have been with the franchise for years, which speaks to the above accolades to retain such great people.
Pros
good work life balance
Being a part time server while in school this was an amazing place to work. It was always steady with very few slow days, which means no matter what day or shift you get, you will be able to make good tips. the staff and managers were all friendly and helpful.
Pros
Very steady place to work part time
Overall good place to work, it was very stimulating so shifts went by fast. When it came to breaks, it was very reasonable. Very well established business.
Pros
Very stimulating
Cons
great co-workers but very badly managed.hire you fulltime but only give you part time hours...food is great service is top notch but management needs to be a whole lot better
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
lousy hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Moxie's Grill & Bar?