Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

While this is more of an upscale restaurant, the people working here did not reflect that as much. It was quite difficult working here all the time but it paid the bills.
my first couple months were good but after that i asked to get tought something else and my hours got cut and didnt get trained properly. Not the best mangerment when i was there.
A typical day at work starts at 7am. Counting product left over from the day before so that Prep knows how much product that needs to be made for the day. The job is both physically and emotionally demanding. As a person working in the Moxie's kitchen you need to work and think fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people who you enjoy working with. The hardest part of the job is working extremely quick. Management is hard on you when you don't work as fast and can often criticize but otherwise a good place to work.
I start the day by stocking and preparing food items in need for revenue and for night/morning staff members. Once opening tasks are complete and the store has opened I make orders for guests in a safe and timely manner. When my station is slower I make sure I quickly help other team members who are in need. When revenue is over I restock the stations and do a line clean up. This includes sweeping and mopping the floor, wiping the counters and handles with appropriate cleaning supplies. I have learned a lot working here such as certain cooking techniques, preparing for mass sales, time management abilities and how to use kitchen and cleaning equipment properly. Another thing that I have learned is that by working well with others you will succeed to great extents at tasks at hand. We are a family at Moxie's and always help one another out which is the greatest part about this job.
It's very confusing working there. Everyone is ether a manager, or supervisory, or sous chef, or KM. You start to wonder if you are the only employee! And their focus is not on the food but having beautiful people in the front of house.
Pros
good white chocolate brownie
Cons
food quality is not their top priority
Great place to work. People were very friendly and willing to help others learn. I enjoy working many hours and was going into my final years of highschool and noticed it was effecting my studies because of late closing shifts so i had to quit. When i asked for for shifts or oppurtunities as a line cook i was given them the next week because they notice when people work hard and try to help them.
Pros
great place to work, great people, great money
Cons
none when i worked there