Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

While this is more of an upscale restaurant, the people working here did not reflect that as much. It was quite difficult working here all the time but it paid the bills.
Moxies was a great work environment for a server. Clientele could be sub-par at time but the job culture and energy of the staff there is truly a morale boost on slow nights.
I worked in multiple positions and learned a lot. loved the staff, managers and the clientele. Fast paced environment and high expectations. When I worked there it was a very tight ship.
great team to work with fairly good training process, really depends on who the trainer is understanding at times regular day responsibilities include: review the plan for the shift, cover any holes in staff levels am: review proper par levels for food items, check haccp logs line check manage stock levels at night,
Pros
free lunch/ dinner
Cons
long hours, difficult work life balance
I worked at Moxies Courtneypark and loved everything about it. The management were amazing, coworkers became lifelong friends, and everyday included something new and exciting. Moxies as a whole definitely takes care of their employees, and makes it a point to put special effort into their company.
Everyone puts on a positive attitude but really they are all money hungry. poor management long hours have to sell to make money or your working for free.
Pros
free membership
Typical casual restaurant work environment. Most employees are 20-25. Busy lunch rush, the rest of the day is okay. Weekends are typically mediocre. Work day starts either at or after 11:30 or 4 usually.
Working at Moxie's was disappointing. I expected a lot more out of a successful chain restaurant in regards to how staff is treated. Several of the male management team members often gave write ups for not wearing makeup or having styled hair.
Pros
great money
Cons
everything else
Pays well for part-timers. Fast paced environment, fun loving people, good management. Overall good company to work with
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Late nights
Had some great times and it taught me more than most of my other jobs. After this experience I will push my kids towards working in the food service industry.
Great place to learn more about the trade and to get more skills on your way to become a chef. Great incentives and opportunities of advancement. Fast paced and always looking for the best quality food.Always striving to give customers the best experience . Great management style.
A typical day at work would be opening the restaurant and bar and getting it prepped for revenue. I would be highly involved with communicating and dealing with guests in all situations. At the end of the day I deal with balancing out tills with end of day sales and labour. I entering information into the data base as well. I have learned to become an excellent multi-tasker and how to work closely with others. The hardest part of my job is dealing with unhappy guests. The most enjoyable part of my job is the fast paced environment.
Pros
tips
Cons
long hours, working weekends and evenings
Moxie's menu is simple and straight forward, they feature the seasons and are consistent with their dishes. The crew is great to work with and they will treat you respect, if you respond in kind. I learn many things from Moxie's and developed my interest in cooking and learned many different techniques that are useful to me to this day. I enjoyed working at Moxie's mainly because of the crew, management and the easy to learn menus.
Pros
Great staff, Good food.
Cons
Demanding work for those who don't love it
I have never ever been belittled and spoken down to the way the owner spoke to me ever. He is very rude and thinks way too highly of himself. NO respect for people at all. The managers of BOH and workers are great and fun place to work at except for the owner. Moxies Argentia
Pros
Cons
owner
Great place to work, Management carries themselves with pride and integreity and expect the same from their staff. To take pride in their work and the service they provide their guests.
Pros
flexible hours, busy restaurant
Cons
sometimes long hours, training needs work
It was good experience, learned a lot about myself...what I wanted or didn't want as far as work and quality of life. Must work at a fast pace, be organized, work well under pressure, take pride in your work, exercise great level of cleanliness.
Pros
had a good boss
Cons
not enough hours to pay my bills
Working at Moxie’s was very a busy place to work at; you get to learn different stations and advance there. The management is very good and organized. The co-workers are very friendly and there are always there to lead hand when you need help.
Pros
Lots of opporunities to grow in the company
bad is the best way to describe everything about the moxies in square one. everyone that works there likes it for a few weeks , then ,like me , they leave.
awesome co workers but the downside of this job is the management team always focus on the work and not carrying about their employees
Pros
Great enviorment
Cons
Long hours and bad management
Good place to work temporarily. For the most part, it is a fun environment and the majority of staff and management are easy to get along with.
As a hostess my typical day at work would consist of, if opening, performing and completing all the opening duties on "Opening Duties Checklist" - i.e. cleaning and restocking bathrooms, making sure all menus are sanitized, vacuuming carpets at front entrance, wiping down glass doors, dusting wooden ledges around front area and wooden areas in dining room, completing floor plans, transferring reservations from binder to the computer system, etc. As a closer, duties on "Closing Duties Checklist" are completed. During the shifts, as a hostess, I was responsible for answering telephones, taking reservations, and directing calls to correct correspondences. Also, I helped run food to tables during peak hours which allowed me to learn the dishes served at the restaurant. Furthermore, I opened doors for guests as they entered and left the building, to enhance their dining experience. Besides taking on the role of shift coordinator, I sat guests at opened tables and informed them of daily drink features. The hardest part about the job was busing and setting tables within 60 seconds especially during peak hours. The most enjoyable part of the job, was getting to interact with different kinds of people during the shifts I worked. As a dining room/lounge server, I'd come in to work and initially check the daily feature board. Soon after, a shift huddle was conducted by the manager on duty where expectations of the shift were discussed. After the shift huddle, I would go over to the side-during shift/closing duties listing and check my duties. During the shift, I would serve tables as - more...
Pros
Interacting with new and regular guests (customers).
Cons
Walking around for 8, or more, hours in heels.