Moxie's Grill & Bar
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Kitchener, ON

I was employed at Moxies for 4 years. Great opportunity, I met some life long friends and gained a lot of transferable skills i.e. customer service, time management, working in a fasted paced (sometimes stressful) environment, extensive food and beverage training. You have to be on your toes at all times as it is very fast paced and high turn over of customers. Moxies goes above and beyond with customer service, customer experience is Moxies number one priority. Hours can be long, however most customers and staff are very pleasant and make work fun. Also potential to make great money.
Do not work for this company No organizations no planning what next.Find people who have experience!!!!!!!!!Not girls with short skirts and no brain!!!!!!
Pros
No lunch
Cons
Terrible terrible management to the point of harassment. Constant belittlement of staff and illicit activity behind the scenes. Owner/GM is a wrecking ball in his own establishment.
Often you come into work and there is a lot of negativity. Talking to most management is hard and they are not very approachable. It is a hard place to learn and grow. You can put a lot of work in and it will go unappreciated. The employees wellbeing and support often seems to be low priority for most of the managers.
I worked as a hostes for a couple months, when I first started they hardly trained me. So when I got out on the floor I was a little lost and didn’t really know who to talk to about questions. When you did do something wrong managers would treat you like garbage. It almost felt like they expected you to know something you weren’t trained on. You got in trouble for not having makeup on or having your hair done You had to run in heels during you’re shift
Pros
Other employees
Cons
I really enjoyed working in the fast pace industry. I was always willing to learn new things and teach things to others. I took a lot of imitative with growing within the company and was offered a management position but, was currently planning on moving out of the province.
Pros
Learned to move fast
Cons
Long hours, not enough breaks
-management does not like to advance hosts to servers -host position is like the backbone of the front of the restaurant and sometimes the managers took advantage of the host ie/ had to scrub the bar floor on my hands and knees -enjoyable staff -management was flexible with working hours and booking time off -discount on food is a perk
Pros
discount on food
Cons
excessive cleaning duties
Moxie's is a great place to work. The management team is accommodating and professional. My co-workers are all very personable and outgoing, making for a fun environment.
-I do dishes for majority of my shift, then work on line or prep when needed -I've learned time management, and how teamwork is the key to succeed -managers are hilarious, good people overall -hardest part about the job is starting work with the dish area so far behind on work -most enjoyable part of work is interacting with co-workers
Pros
great co-workers, free food occationally, amazing managers
Cons
only recieving two shifts a week
great people to work with, awesome bosses, great enviorment always something to keep busy from cooking, prep, cleaning, helping others. best part is the staff awesome people to work with and for.
Cons
not enough hours