Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Kelowna, BC

It was a fun company to work for. Charity golf tournaments were awesome. They had some strict rules like no putting your hair up... like not at all. Not even a bobbi pin. Also, got in trouble for wearing a skirt that was "too long" even though it was much shorter than knee length. One girl got told to wear more makeup.
Working here went downhill with management and poor training. It’s a stressful and hostile environment. Management is bitter and the restaurant has large turnovers. Getting yelled at isn’t uncommon. Run.
Pros
Met good friends, but they did not like working there
Cons
Hostile
Had the opportunity of being a Bar Manager at Moxies Bar and Grill. Learned a lot about new ways to put in inventory into systems as the system I used at my previous job was not the same which is a good thing as I learned new things. Making sure the job was always clean and organized and customers are well attended to was my main priority. Making sure we were always sucked on liquor was a part of my and ordering more alcohol as well. Making sure that the food was getting out on time was a major job description too.
I really liked working at this establishment. All of my coworkers were kind and generous to help when the restaurant became busy. A typical day at work was arriving around 5 and working until about 11. There were many side duties to accomplish by the end of the shift, but as long as you stayed on top of it, everything went smoothly. The hardest part of the job was the long hours in the high heel shoes. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was that it was always very busy which made the night go by very fast. I did find however that the management at the restaurant needed some improvement, I felt it was very disorganized.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Always friendly environment with nothing but the greatest food. Always flexible and work around my hours. Great place to work
Pros
Staff
Cons
Late Nights