Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Hamilton, ON

There's no organization. Waiters and line cooks just throw whatever needs to be washed on the table. That and the dish station was small and inefficient. The station fills up rather quick. There's banquets which means at 11pm two carts full of material needs to cleaned all while the kitchen and servers close down their stations bringing more to clean and just tossing it wherever they feel like. Severs were decent people but some were lazy individuals and made rude comments about customers when not around them. Usually the managers are friends with the servers so they let them go home early while leaving 10 bags of garbage in the middle of the doorway, leaving it to dish to take care off. Overall this place is run by people who don't know how to run a restaurant. The pay is low, work load can be terrible, hours are inconsistent but you can listen to music which was the highlight of my experience.
came into work punched in took orders served food cleaned and resset tables took payments. Learned about the moxie menu different type of food and drinks.
I was a dishwasher at Moxies and it seemed like a good place at first!! but then i got laid off for bad sales...its been a month and i still dont have my first paycheck. i was lead on and told that i would have more shifts within the coming weeks of work, and since this was my first job, i was very happy about this! but then three weeks past and i had no shifts. I called the manager and told i was laid off because of "bad sales" and that my pay would be in later that day. As of typing this i have nothing in my account and have been told it will be in on the 14th of this month. this is the worst place i have ever worked at..and it was the first.
Cons
no pay, barly any hours, leading you on, bad food
Between doing the work of 3 people being laughed at when I would have a 28 item work list and pretty much staying most days 7am to 9 pm cuz they would make you feel guilty that the work wasn't done .... Cuz they have no one ...also then being told your gonna do more jobs cuz we can't afford to have anyone here ... Pathetic place
Pros
Was leaving
Cons
Was getting hired here