Moxie's Grill & Bar
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Guelph, ON

I was a Grill Chef at this restaurant for 1 year, due to slow business this restaurant closed down.
Pros
enjoyed my lead role
Cons
went of of business
My only memory of working for this company was that I had to work alone on a night where we were suppose to have 2 dishwashers on staff. Needless to say, I was not happy. I never got breaks either, so I can;t say I'm upset the location I worked at got shut down. The tips were nice though.
Working at Moxies Guelph location was a great experience and memorable time in my life. I worked part-time for the duration of 3 years. I moved up three positions within the company from a busser to a Supervisor. Our staff were always demonstrating positive attitudes which we all relished in. The food we provided made guests experiences one to remember. Management was always willing to help you through difficulties and willing to push you to challenge yourself and overcome fears of the restaurant industry. We learned a great deal of customer service and dealing with complaints accordingly.
I was in charge of the front of house staff as well as minor serving and bar-tending. I overlooked and helped out in every position at the restaurant. Constantly checking clients to help boost customer satisfaction. The Hardest part of my job was the constant movement and prioritization of tasks, always staying busy to help maintain the restaurant above the standard.
Quickly becomes your job and your lifestyle. Hours are long, and the corporate structure isn't great, but it's adaptable.
Pros
Decent food, amazing scenery
Cons
Amazing scenery catches up to you
Every day I go into work and try and make the guests experience as postive as possible. We want to make sure every person has had top notch service and food prepared to fit their expectationsWhat I've learned from working as a hostess at Moxies Classic Grill is how to improve my customer service. I feel because I've been a hostess for a while now, it has become easier for me to approach guests and cater to their needs. I like to make sure everyone leaves with a smile, and if something went wrong, how to fix it so their next visit will make up for it.Most of the co-workers (servers and hostesses) have become my friends, and to be honest one of the number one reasons I love my job. Everyone works together and if ever in a stressful situation stay calm and find the best solution.The hardest part of my job is when the restaurant is slow and I have to stand up at the hostess stand and wait for people to come in. I like to stay busy so I'm always looking for something to do. I understand that in the restuarant industry you have to work your way from the bottom to the top in order to move up in the business, but I am itching to become a server. I feel like I have the right amount of experience and ability to do so.The most enjoyable part of the job is making people smile and meeting and talking to new people everyday.
Pros
40% off food when working
Cons
wearing high heels for 4-5 hours