Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Dartmouth, NS

Fast paced, but worked with a great crew which makes it more enjoyable. Shifts were scheduled two weeks in advance, flexible schedule, great management.
The staff that work here are (for the most part) a delight to work alongside. However, the management is full of individuals not meant for such positions, all for varying reasons.
well first greeting tables, getting to know your guest making suggestions to them and learning a little about what they like and don't like, and if they are returning then you get to know them on more a personal level. Also closing up for the day, so side duties for cleaning, opening up the restaurant in the morning preparing for the day. as well closing up the end of day sales report, and balancing the books, as well dividing up tips for servers, payroll entailed collecting all the information and imputing it into the payroll system making sure all the numbers balanced. submitting it off to the controller for a final check before it as submitted. enter people into the system with their personal information and banking information for direct deposit, weather or not they wanted to sign up for benefits.
Pros
GREAT experience great people
I love working with this company, i have had alot of room to move around, my managers have felt like aunts and uncles I can talk to them about mostly anything and the staff that i work with are like my sisters and brothers, we all share stories life issues we always turn to each other for advice. I would love to stay here for ever, but at a certain time in life people have to explore more options and expend their horizon. Also at my age i would like to explore something new and a little more age appropriate.
Cooking food on a line with several other co-workers, very fast paced, management wasn't the best in terms of experience at a Moxie's. I learned to deal with hard to get along with people. The hardest part of the job would probably be working late nights on hot nights. The best part was being able to eat for a discounted price.