Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Campbell River, BC

Not a great place for young people if looking to move into a serving position. But Moxie's very professionally and a great place to learn skills as a host.
i missed some over time hours as a result of there time out schedule....the managers all went home. They signed us out before we were done. Then we had to physically sign out, trusting the managers would put down the right time. Twice i got them. The first time was with the owners son. I just about quit then. Then the managers did it again in august. I didnt do nothing that time...then they held my tips..that was it....closing dishwasher since august 19 2016 moxies campbell river
9/10 would recommend working here! Built better social, and communication skills! Positive environment and enjoyable. Busy restaurant, and feel that more people should be scheduled because extra hands is always helpful.
Pros
badass discounts, delicious food, gorgeous view on closing shifts
Cons
small staff room, like too small
The average day shift consisted of preparing the various sauces, starches and meats used in the completed dishes. The difficulty of the job varied greatly as events influenced the amount of prep work required. It was great to learn about the different methods of making different foods, and how to use some of the machines.
Pros
Discounted food
Very good food, chef and staff very dedicated to quality of food and service. Enjoyable, fast paced environment, but very little pay. Good training process.
A typical day would be preparing my work area in the morning, cleaning it all down with sanitizer, then getting things in the oven such as ribs, or other things that took a number of time to cook, turkey ect... Followed by preparing multiple recipes throughout the day (sauces, wraps, salads,realistically everything was prepared by me and the other preparation cook, for the cooks to cook, I had to learn proper knife technique, and often diced up lots of squid, chicken, in various ways. And then of course clean up at the end of the day. I learned many recipes, there was about 100 recipes at least in the recipe book, and I made just about everything in the book at one time or another. Management was agreeable but strict, a busy kitchen environment, errors were certainly criticized to some degree, as it would waste time to have to start something over again, or if you left out an ingredient, ect.. Co-workers were diligent, and worked well as a team, communication in a busy kitchen was very important, and even just going behind someone you had to notify them. The hardest part was working on sales day or during the summer, it was hot in the kitchen and employees had to mandatory drink water through the day. On busy days with lots of employees I sometimes had very little time in between each thing I was preparing. I always kept my cool and worked diligently, but there were stressful days. The most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishing a recipe perfectly, or getting a step ahead of your jobs to take a relaxing break, often got food as well to eat, that was extra.
No complaints here, was treated respectfully. Typical dishwashing job seen in every restaurant.