Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Good organisation with plenty of scope for personal growth. Culinary senior management is very encouraging and supportive. Its was a great experience with moxies.
This was a great job! Allows you to be social and feel good about the way you look. Clients were always very respectful as senior staff took uncomfortablility very seriously.
I appreciate the opportunity I was given to work at Moxie's the people were nice and they were really good with my schedule. I am a full time student so i dont usually have much time to work but they put me on good consistent shifts. The pass was fast for the most part. It was occasionally a bit unorganized because of scheduling changes but over all a good experience.
Not a busy location, and quite corperate, but a good serving job in general/ Met lots of friends and created great guest experiences. not to bad at all
Company only cares about the status of their upper management. Horrible mentorship program. Empty promises. Horrible work environment. Regional directors talks about everyone behind their back. CEO is completely unaware or how restaurants work. Stay away.
Great environment, with lovely people. stressful at times and annoying management but worth it for me. walked out with great experiences/friends and money in my pocket. good place to work while in school or first job.
Consistently inconsistent. Chefs don't provide helpful constructive criticism or advice on how to work better or be more efficient. They DO NOT TEACH. Horrible communication. None of the management are very supportive, they just scream at you when you make them look bad. Front of house employees constantly get incentives to do their job better, playing games and winning cash/ gift cards. Back of house almost never.
Great restaurant that has a lot of opportunities for growth within the industry. Very fun environment to work in as well, even during hectic shifts. Would highly recommend.
rude and lazy staff, ineffective mgmt, dirty and dangerous kitchen. people steal, dont work, curse about each other. equipment not maintained, kitchen had cockroaches.
They are more worried about their head office staff getting proper service than any guest in the establishment. They have skirt maximum length and won't even let you change out of your heels if your feet hurt so bad you cant even properly serve your tables anymore. One of the worst.
Overstaffed for slow times understaffed for busy times. Management not very aware of there surroundings. Never promote from within. Hire completely undertrained staff and expect you to pull up the slack. Seen it across several stores
Pros
Decent menu
Cons
Poor management
The managers really care about their staff and do what they can to make sure everyone is happy in their job. No free meals, but you get 50% off one meal per shift. Room service is terrible to do but can be a chance to make some good money. The food is amazing and it gets quite busy in the evening.
Pros
Always shifts to pick up, Managers care about their staff, Great food
Cons
Long hours, room service trips are draining
Yea dont know what to say it was your usual cut throat kitchen BS there was the odd few that were cool people, but overall the place wasn't anything special
Flexible hours. Fast paced work environment. Many different locations to choose from if seeking employment, either full or part time. Successful, high level corporate company.
Moxies was a great place for me while I was going to school. They were always very accommodating to my school schedule. I had lots of opportunities for advancement and learning.
It had its up and downs for sure, not getting tippled out as a host was a down, but the people were very friendly and very kind. The hardest part of the job was that they would only have one host working on weekdays and it could be very stressful as we had the main responsibility of maintaining the restaurants environment.
A typical day was just taking peoples orders and taking care of all my tables for about 10 hours every day. I learned some new bar tending skills. management was really great there! They were very good with making sure you were helped as well as always being ready to help.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Long Hours
Dont work at Moxies South port in Calgary AB. Literally the worst management I have ever experienced. Employers yell at you in front of customers.. when I quit, I tried to give 2 weeks notice.. manager didn't answer calls, emails or text messages from me and refused to put me on the schedule. I went in to the restaurant to pick up my tips and from previous shifts and they refused to give them.. waste of time to work there when management is like that
Pros
didn't experience any
Cons
no morale, aggressive management
Moxies is a place where you can meet wonderful people but nothing is really consistant, managment isnt at its greatest and its effecting the atmosphere moxies used to have
As a hostess a typical day was cleaning and bussing tables, moving around tables to accommodate large groups, helping servers with taking food to tables, billing customers, etc.
Cons
Have to wear minimum height high heels, not good for long shifts
The work days in the bar were a nice, fast pace and great working environment. There was a lot of staff and management turnover which was difficult to adjust to but overall a good company.