Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Brampton, ON

Fast pace service,barly any breaks you have to ask for a 5 min break if it NOT busy. Job security in covid is not great 1 shift per month so I believe I will have to change jobs :(
Pros
40% staff discount 25% friends snd family
Cons
Longer hours that scheduled and in covid no hours to go around
You can start your way from the dinning room and make your way to work at the lounge. Many loyal guest and great opportunity to make good tips. Enjoyed my time here.
i would work 10 hours with no breaks. The kitchen tip out is so high i barely took anything home for tips (but don't let that discourage you i'm a male so like we make way less in tips). not really recommended if your a male but if you have an outgoing and bubbly personality then sure go for it. its a nice place but it also depends on location. Ideally if your going to work at a moxies it should be in an area with a little more of a disposable income.
Fun staff and can make money and meet people. Management needs work since there is favouritism in the workplace and a lot of butt kissing. Very fast-paced so need to know what you are doing.
Pros
chill staff
Cons
no breaks/ favouritism
The staff here is absolutely amazing. Would recommend to anyone wanting to join a fun hard working family. Management can be unorganized though and guests can be annoying since it is in brampton
starter job was getting into the business, was able to learn basic serving responsibilities. Location was in a bad neighborhood cops were constantly here to break up fights. I left because of a shooting at the location. Manager could of taken steps to avoid this type of crowd and didnt
Pros
fast pace
Cons
poor manager
I found management was very tough on their employees. However, the employees grew to become very valuable assets to the company. The employees themselves were splendid people to be around. Overall, it's an interesting place to work.
the culture was amazing because everyone was around the same age as myself when I started. This job really helped me build my social skills as I would serve my tables.
I was given the opportunity to grow and learn to provide excellent customer service in a very encouraging environment. Overall I experienced multiple scenarios in which i was able to further my understanding of good customer service.
Direct supervisor is a cool guy. Kitchen Manager is a complete goof. Yells, throws fits, is always upset. Not fun to be around if you aren't just like him.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Never get enough hours. Work is highly stressful.
I was a floor manager apprentice as part of my high school cooperative education. I learned every job there is in the front of the restaurant, while taking a cooking class at Seneca college at the same time.
Great Environment! The guests and staff were amazing. A job became a second home. A place you would come to on your days off to see your friends.
Pros
Great staff and guests
Cons
Long shifts
Very professional restaurant to work at. Good hours. Very nice environment to work in. Customers are very generous and energetic.
a day at moxies starts with getting the restaurant ready for our guest to come in and enjoy the vast menu selection. the executive chef of moxies takes joy and pride in creating execptional menu items that will open guest appetite and elevate their taste buds to a new culinary experience
Pros
great team players
Cons
long hours due to high volume revenues
Moxie's has exceedingly high expectations of their employees. The days were long and the nights even longer. It is a fast paced environment with hardly any opportunity for break. That being said- it was a blast to be employed by Moxie's while in school. It is the perfect environment for a student, with it's young staff, party environment, odd shift hours and tips.
busy, fast paced and organized working environmentgreat compensation
Pros
organization
Cons
long hours, lack of job security
loved every nit of it was like a second home just a nice environt to work at
Pros
free lunch, cool managers
Cons
short lunch
Moxie's classic Grill was a great start for me in the service industry. With such a high traffic environment, I learned to handle multiple tables, bartend and plan patio parties. I have met many wonderful people and have returning guest every day. Our staff works hard as a team and we're always thinking of ways to become better.
Pros
team lunches and 2 for 1 specials
Cons
location and no benefits