Moxie's Grill & Bar

Moxie's Grill & Bar Employee Reviews in Barrie, ON

Moxie's has great employee's that due for awesome coworkers but the tip out is stupid high and unfair. it was a great environment but I wasn't bringing as much home as I thought I would be in such an established building.
This job scars me for life . It gave me low self steam , they bullied me , and forced me to work non-stop. They made jokes about where I’m come from . I constantly was in trouble for no reason. The manager me sign papers that I didn’t agreed with or understand. The manager made inappropriate jokes about me and my Family. They made jokes about my health. I was very stress out , They constantly threatened to fire me. I took it for years because it was close to my home. Perhaps, I stayed because I had low self esteem and I didn’t believe I could find another job.When the restaurant opened it was very successful and good tip outs for employees. The mismanagement of various managers made the work place very stressful. Many employees were fired for no reason or simply walk away. Eventually, employees lost the tips which were given to the supervisors. This wasn’t fair to the longtime employees.I did a lot of work for them , when I left I didn’t receive a thank you for the many years of service. Now I’m afraid they will be trying to damage reputation and give me negative references. This was done to other employees in the past.I do not recommend this environment for anyone. All I try to do now is move on with my life.
Pros
I made good friends. There was good team work between employees.
Cons
The managers didn’t credit us with the correct number of hours worked. They consistently, reduced my hours worked to low labor costs.
I worked for Moxie's for nearly a year and by the end of it, I felt mentally exhausted. The management was completely one sided and I never felt supported by them. They would tell me to come to them if I had any questions or issues...and as soon as I'd come to them with something, they'd make me feel stupid or belittle me for doing something wrong. On top of all of that, they would hold us off from clocking in until you got your first table sat in your section, no matter what your start time is. So on the less busy days, I'd sit there for over half an hour not getting paid and sometimes they would just send me home if no one was coming in. So I would drive all the way there for no pay or even a meal on them. And at the end of your shift, you only receive 30 mins from the time you're cut to complete all side duties, bus and clean tables, and bill out guests. So if you do not complete all of this within that 30 min time frame, you're basically working for free as they are not paying you past the 30 mins. This to me made it seem like it is a company that would do anything to save a penny, even if it means ripping off their staff. Not to mention the high tip out percentage. The only time i ever made decent money while working at Moxie's was if i worked a split shift from 10am-10pm. And in between the split you get maybe 1-2 hours which is not enough time to eat or go home and there was no meal provided (only 40% off discount for staff). The money was not worth the time and effort put in. Only positive is that they do provide thorough training. Would not suggest even applying.
Pros
thorough training.
Cons
poor management, high tip out, poor hours, made no money, lots of split shifts
Working as a student park attendant at Lakeview Park was one of my favourite jobs in school. co workers were more likely to treat you as family than anything else. Management at the park and in the Parks Department were some of the best I've had the pleasure of working with.
We were worked hard and had fun doing it. I had issues comunicating with management because they were so busy with other issues. I enjoyed my experience there but wish there was more communication.
Cons
Long Hours
Only reason their pay was at all decent was their tip pool structure, which they hold over your head, if you do anything that displeases them they take it away. Upper Management and Ownership need some social education.